• 2 weeks later...
On 8/9/2019 at 9:48 AM, Mick Harper said:

I am a UK contributor and have just requested a payment via paypal. Unfortunately this has been made in US Dollars which I cant use. Can anyone offer any advice as to what I can do to convert the payment to sterling. 

Also could UK based contributors advise me of the best way to receive future payments.

Thanks in advance 

4-5 weeks ago there was a discussion here about this very thing. Some UK based contributors contributed to the dilemma based in their experience. Though I am not sure if it "resolved" anything. I don't see though why one getting payment in US$ couldn't get good (any) use of the money. If you get absolutely stuck with the issue, transfer it to my PayPal account, I am sure I will figure out some use for it : )! Don't let it get stale or spoiled in your account : ). We wouldn't want that, would we!?

On 8/9/2019 at 8:48 AM, Mick Harper said:

I am a UK contributor and have just requested a payment via paypal. Unfortunately this has been made in US Dollars which I cant use. Can anyone offer any advice as to what I can do to convert the payment to sterling. 

Also could UK based contributors advise me of the best way to receive future payments.

Thanks in advance 

You can use it but paypal works oddly.

You need to convert the currency on your paypal account.

Go to the website, select "Currencies" then you can transfer it to the pounds balance.  As far as im aware this cannot be done on the app.

Paypal annoyingly keeps currencies as separate "pots" so has to be transferred between to be usable.