Hello,

Recent couple I shot a wedding for have verbally granted me permission to submit images for commercial use.

I'm new to model release forms and understand I'll need a form signed by the bride and a separate one signed by the groom (ignoring shots with other people in as I won't submit these as commercial), but wondered whether the release form can cover images taken throughout the entire wedding day if it's state on the form, or whether I need individual forms signed for individual scenes or images?

Sounds like it might be a daft question as the latter would mean multiple forms being required to ensure I have the entire day covered, but any advice greatly appreciated in advance.

You need one model release for each person in the images, but each release can be used for the whole shoot (wedding day). So images of a bride and a groom you submit for the whole day only need two model releases.
If the images are taken on private property you might need a property release too. Just something to bare in mind. If they are in generic settings you will be OK.
No question is a daft question if you don't know the answer ;) 

5 minutes ago, Linda Bestwick said:

You need one model release for each person in the images, but each release can be used for the whole shoot (wedding day). So images of a bride and a groom you submit for the whole day only need two model releases.
If the images are taken on private property you might need a property release too. Just something to bare in mind. If they are in generic settings you will be OK.
No question is a daft question if you don't know the answer ;) 

Many thanks Linda, appreciate that info!

Nice to see someone from Wales. I'm from Cardiff. 😊