Dave Smith 1965

Is there an FTP upload problem on footage?

On 6/15/2019 at 3:38 PM, Dave Smith 1965 said:

Now that I never understand either..... why Shutterstock grinds to a halt at the weekend??

In this world where the photographers are taking pictures 7 days a week to mainly make the company profitable why can't this company support its contributors 7 days a week??

So now you have the contributors who want to upload their footage at the weekend unable to do so until at least Monday.

I am sure with the generous cut SS takes from our work they could afford enough support staff at the weekend to at least cover IT so we are not in limbo

Considering we are in 2019, not 1919,  it really is a very poor level of service

Completely logical. Couldn't agree more. thanks.

I'm having the same problem, for an HD video. I checked with other files that were accepted without any problem and the  diferences are that the file is 25.02  Fps and inside the extra information, you can see the date when the video was recoreder. The same video is showed without any problem in the computer and cel phone.
The video was edited (only cut) with OpenShot Video Editor.
The videos from my DJI drone are accepted without any problem.
FTP FileZilla said always OK.

COULD SOMEONE AT SHUTTERSTOCK PLEASE HAVE THE COURTESY TO GIVE AN ANSWER TO THIS THREAD PLEASE 

I and many other posters are just left

do something  even say your dealing with it??????????????  YES/NO  SOMETHING?????????/

just tried again to upload but shutterstock reports problem with file JUST NOT TRIE its the same process every video file I upload

and I have done this file over and over same problem

Tom G Ayrshire Scotland

Sorry all, I reported this but was unable to engage on the forums at the time. The issue should be fully resolved as of yesterday. 

We have confirmed that the uploading error issues that were affecting contributors over this past weekend have indeed been resolved. However, a number of you will continue to see this error: "We can't read what's in your file. Please re-save or re-export your file, and try uploading it again" and this is due to other legitimate validations that are in place at the time of upload. If you believe your file meets all the technical requirements for footage, but you continue receiving this error at upload, please contact our support team at submit@shutterstock.com and provide a copy of the file for us to review. You can upload the file to any file sharing provider like Dropbox or any other file sharing service from which our engineers can download and examine the file. Thanks for your patience and continued participation on our platform!