ULD media

The FTP uploads of 4K footage fail, but with the same HD are a success..

Hi all its now Monday 17th June 2019  and its 17-40 PM   AND STILL NO FIX  SO WE CAN UPLOAD VIDEO FOOTAGE ( I just tried )

ITS A DISGRACE THATS ALL I CAN SAY FOR A LARGE COMPANY LIKE SHUTTERSTOCK   NOT TO BE ON TOP OF THIS PROBLEM

WE USERS SPEND A LOT OF TIME IN PREPARATION TO UPLOAD FILES  AND  THE PROBLEMS ARE NEVER ENDING THIS WEEKEND??????????

COME ON SHUTTERSTOCK  ACT LIKE PROFESSIONALS  AND DO SOMETHING???//

Tom G

Thanks so much for bringing this to our attention! Our developers were able to identify and resolve the issue that was causing the upload failures. We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused and thank you for your patience. Please report any future occurrences of upload failures to our contributor care team at submit@shutterstock.com .

2 hours ago, Anna Shutterstock said:

Thanks so much for bringing this to our attention! Our developers were able to identify and resolve the issue that was causing the upload failures. We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused and thank you for your patience. Please report any future occurrences of upload failures to our contributor care team at submit@shutterstock.com .

Thank you Anna. I can confirm that the problem, at least for me, seems to be solved.

22 hours ago, Luca ita said:

Thank you Anna. I can confirm that the problem, at least for me, seems to be solved.

Forget it. Still getting the same annoying error as for all the weekend. What's going on??

On 6/17/2019 at 4:08 PM, Anna Shutterstock said:

Nope.  Not fixed.  Only 4 of 11 4K files have made it through while 7 have upload errors (can't read the file) even though the 4 that went through were rendered and exported no differently than the failed files.

2019-06-19_02-40-04.thumb.jpg.6a27cc490684d3d5661b7b62b9f4456b.jpg

Sorry, but does anyone at SS know how long it takes to grade and upload - especially upload - a 4K clip only to have this happen?!?

This is ridiculous!

Nothing is resolved !!! Sometimes it works, sometimes not! 

For me it shows as if your servers are overloaded and can't store more clips so long a whole other batch isn't reviewed.However, it's a shame that a company like yours isn't possible to resolve this problem correct, so that the same problem doesn't appear again and again. 
And contacting your support contributor care team is the most waste of time. 

Lucky you! I've been experiencing this issue since last Friday (only on Monday afternoon it seems to be fixed, but was just for a couple of hours) that means that I've been unable to submit content in the past week.

17 hours ago, Stefan Beckhusen said:

And contacting your support contributor care team is the most waste of time. 

Unfortunately, this is sometimes the case - Shutterstock technical support sends automatic responses without going into the problem. Accordingly, anxiety is built in the forum.

On 6/18/2019 at 4:08 AM, Anna Shutterstock said:

Hi, this issue happen again, please help

Thanks

As I do twice a day, I've just tried to re upload some footage. I know it's incredible but still after almost 2 weeks, your platform it's suffering of technical issue, but maybe, the craziest part is that nobody cares about the problem. I didn't get any sort of apologies/explanation/response from your support team, in two weeks!!!

At this time, I have to say that I'm totally disappointed. How could be possible that a big company like Shutterstock it's NOT able at all to solve a technical issue in 2 weeks!? Are you really pretending to be a reliable service?

I've been a Shutterstock customer since 5 years with both my creative agency and an other company.
Then 3 weeks ago I decided to choose your platform, from a wide range of possibilities, to be a contributor, putting a lot of effort on creating content, but from your side there is not interest al all.

I'd rather migrate to a different one, because working with you, due to your lack of interest, it's impossible.

@Administrator @Anna Shutterstock

Screenshot 2019-06-25 at 10.30.05.jpg

I'm new to Shutterstock, just signed up. Last Wednesday I uploaded two 4k clips (following spec instructions). My FTP client says the upload was successful, but when I go to my dashboard, I don't see the clips (not pending, not approved). Also noticed, that when I refresh the directory with FTP client, the clips are no longer there. I've re-uploaded, but problem persists.

Sounds like I'm not the only one with these issues, but if anyone has any suggestions, please let me know, thanks.