We’re Updating How You Upload Vectors

2 hours ago, Maciglz said:

Hi Boris How long did you generate your first earnings in adobe stock? I also created an account, I still have little content but with the few images I have, I have not generated any downloads yet there. regards :(

Uploaded about 200 stock vectors and made my first sale of 1$ after about 1-2 weeks if I remember correctly. With SS, my sales are down to about 25 cents/week lol.

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well, thanks for the change - Yet another thing that takes time away from actually creating and just stifles the creative process. I've just spent the last 45 minutes saving, uploading, resizing, mess

this article is soo helpful to smaller the size of my vector file. You guys have to check it out https://www.shutterstock.com/contributorsupport/articles/en_US/kbat02/Best-Practice-Recommendations-f

Hello! I have warning in my contributor account: Your vector was saved with the “Use Artboards” setting. Starting on 04/20/2020, you will no longer be able to use this setting when uploading vect

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Boris Panov said:

Notice how they don't separate Illustrators and Photographers in their operation highlights sent to investors. By lumping everyone into the same category, they can mislead investors into thinking everything is trending upwards whereas we all know that illustration contributions have been going down.

image.thumb.png.c1ee877d3d77c3614fa3c7a85020d74c.png

Only a few wrote here that they were on strike. However, I can see from search that many new vectors have been added in the last 1 week. Many have adapted to the new upload system. The way I see it that, as long as there are buyers and sales, nothing will change with regard to your upload options. 😕

It is obvious that they should not expose the internal problem they have with the illustrators, so they generalize their growth by mixing it with the other half of the contributors who handle photography content. but it is true that sales have decreased significantly in vector content. And that only the download has grown by 3%, is a result of the lack of content of the illustrators.

On 8/10/2019 at 12:11 AM, Boris Panov said:

Uploaded about 200 stock vectors and made my first sale of 1$ after about 1-2 weeks if I remember correctly. With SS, my sales are down to about 25 cents/week lol.

LOL!! That means I'm missing more than 100 vectors to upload yet to start seeing results in adobe stock and dreamstime as well. Although I have to recognize that SS is one of the platforms with the highest demand since it generated sales with my first design, and with just one image I started having downloads in a week. Too bad that your new loading system is affecting us, but now the designs that are rejected by SS will be available on the other platforms.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 8/4/2019 at 6:13 PM, cidepix said:

still not uploading..

if everyone does the same, they have no choice but revert this decision..

if only all contributors were aware of this :rolleyes:

It would be nice. I honestly don't have enough time right now to upload in this new system (too time consuming), so I've been skipping SS for all my recent uploads. I guess if they ever change it back, then I'll have a backlog.

On ‎9‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 8:44 PM, Cory Thoman said:

It would be nice. I honestly don't have enough time right now to upload in this new system (too time consuming), so I've been skipping SS for all my recent uploads. I guess if they ever change it back, then I'll have a backlog.

Same here.. I am only submitting jpeg illustrations for now. Creating those big EPS files is not fitting in to my workflow at the moment.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Well, thanks for the change - Yet another thing that takes time away from actually creating and just stifles the creative process. I've just spent the last 45 minutes saving, uploading, resizing, messing about with perfectly good gradients so that I can satisfy this silly new way to submit vector images. That's 45 minutes that I could have spent creating one or more new images! 

I've always been impressed with vectors because resolution and MP is not an issue. An EPS that is the size of a business card can be expanded with no loss of resolution to fit on the Sydney Opera House! Do you seriously think buyers are going to be excited about these ridiculously large files? 

To keep Shutterstock customers coming back, you really need to bring the old way of EPS + JPG back. That way we, your vector artists do not have to compromise the quality of our work.

Added to that, your JPEG production process does not work properly. It's totally ruined the aforementioned image I have spent so much time trying to get right for your new rules - so much so that I'll be deleting it from here - it would be embarrassing for me to have something of such low quality in my portfolio.

I will, however be selling it on other sites where I will have a high quality true preview of the EPS.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello!

I have warning in my contributor account: Your vector was saved with the “Use Artboards” setting. Starting on 04/20/2020, you will no longer be able to use this setting when uploading vectors.

I have 2 questions about this update now:
1. Can I upload EPS files with Use Artboards option after 04/20/2020? Will they be rejected? My files don't have extra vector objects located beyond the artboard boundaries.

2. How can I upload EPS files without background? With one single object in the center for example. I set “Use Artboards” according with Shutterstock recommendation (paragraph "Preserving the white space around your artwork") https://www.shutterstock.com/contributorsupport/articles/en_US/kbat02/Best-Practice-Recommendations-for-Saving-EPS-Files?l=en_US

Thanks

Untitled-1-01.png

• 2 weeks later...