Anna Shutterstock

We’re Updating How You Upload Vectors

I was wondering...is theree another way to reach anyone at Shutterstock?

It seems obvious that they simply ignore this topic, and as @Weiesnbach wrote, the whole topic could simply disappear one day. So can we find another way to let them know about all the aspects of this mess the've made?

I have keep tracking the new vector uploaded to SS, and most of them are just icon design, simple graphic, so far I see very few complex vector design, if this is keep going on, think in a short time, shutterstock will be the only agent that only provide simple vector for customer to download, and may losing customer,

Just successfully uploaded my first file using this new insane method.

The file size is 342% larger than the EXACT SAME vector file that I uploaded to other agencies yesterday.

Has anyone at Shutterstock considered the implications of having that much extra storage space required? 

I asked customer service why the new vectors on SS are so large. The response was, "we're providing the original size that was submitted to us by the individual contributor".

With regards to the large file sizes being too processor-intensive to edit, I was told "...there may be resources that you can find online where you can make a vector image smaller (Adobe forums or help sites may have some tips regarding this)."

Up until now, I still couldn't figure out the benefit of this Auto-Rasterization tool. It brings so much hassles, troubles, issues, problems, unhappiness, upsets, hates, dislikes, angriness, sadness, protests, difficulties, mess, drawbacks, hiccups, irritation, headache to everyone. Oppps... sorry, just got carried away by the usual keywording practice :)

Jokes aside, can Shutterstock please reconsider and bring back the JPEG + small vector uploading method?

Hi, I'm comparing a very very fresh vector illustrator. I'm trying to understand the way things work...I started before this change and now I'm confused 😐 

Hopefully a solution will be found or something. (probably in the current situation it is like waiting for a miracle...)

One question:  is the adobestock upload system not similar to the current shutterstock system? 

P.S. sorry for poor English 

20 hours ago, GraphicsRF said:

I asked customer service why the new vectors on SS are so large. The response was, "we're providing the original size that was submitted to us by the individual contributor".

With regards to the large file sizes being too processor-intensive to edit, I was told "...there may be resources that you can find online where you can make a vector image smaller (Adobe forums or help sites may have some tips regarding this)."

So, basically, SS made contributors to follow unclear and ridiculous rules of increasing vector sizes to unusable (saying its for customers benefit), but also replies to other side that its our fault and they only sell what a contributor uploaded in original condition and literally propose to go somewhere else and solve problem by googling it elsewhere.  

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm...

36 minutes ago, Separisa said:

So, basically, SS made contributors to follow unclear and ridiculous rules of increasing vector sizes to unusable (saying its for customers benefit), but also replies to other side that its our fault and they only sell what a contributor uploaded in original condition and literally propose to go somewhere else and solve problem by googling it elsewhere.  

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm...

sounds like contributors (lost their mind) not considering customer experience.

As long as I have seen many people talking about limitations of EPS file, is it possible to open another way for us to upload as SVG file?

The reasons are...

1. I and many users use an Affinity Designer and also other softwares, as we couldn’t afford to pay for Adobe subscription.

2. SVG file able to use gradient and opacity without getting bitmap.

3. Size of SVG file will be smaller if compare with EPS file.

Regards.

Totally against for this 4MP update for the following reasons:

1. You are not helping your end customer (buyers).. reason being your contributors are not able to upload vector artwork... 

2. Lets be a little logical... end buyer(Subscriber) not necessarily going to use an ICON vector of size of 4 MP ... And this new update is forcing your contributors to do so...

3. I am not sure who are those guys who give this update a go ahead... They might be sitting in a best facility and might have access to the latest super-computers which can process a complex vector file in seconds.... But keeping in mind you contributors are uploading from all around the world with some basic processing computers... And working on a 4 MP file might lead to very very slow processing and even worst... software/file corrupt due to insufficient memory... 

4. Many of your contributors are working part time to earn some money... Those 4MP file leads to huge file size and low disc space... resulting in spending hard earned money into unnecessary software and hardware updates... 

My suggestion to Shutterstock dev team would be... Instead of forcing your Contributors and your Subscribers to upload and download those big size files... You should have added an update for subscribers to download an upscale/downscale of either eps or eps converted image... Since you already have a vector format at your end... It will be more convenient for everyone....

18 hours ago, GraphicsRF said:

i can't see what all the complaining is about. I'm just running a javascript action to upsize my EPS files. I've got about 100,000 files in my database and it only takes 4-6 minutes to upscale and save. If all goes well, everything will be SS compliant is 1736 days. 

Wow, lucky you for having the script. If not, it will take you 173600 days to complete.

On 6/5/2019 at 10:37 PM, GraphicsRF said:

Apart from no uploading a month, I decided to download some complex vectors from other contributors to test the usability. The files are so slow to edit, ungroup, resize etc that they are practically useless. This is pure madness. 

It's time, Shutterstock. Clean your house. Admit you made a mistake and undo it.

On 6/7/2019 at 4:24 AM, GraphicsRF said:

Not only are they frustrating contributors with mindless requirements, they are actually blaming us when clients complain about vectors being too big. 🙄

On 6/16/2019 at 2:07 PM, Ellegant said:

Guess I won't be uploading anymore vectors.

Many collaborators took the decision to suspend their activities and stop uploading content to shutterstock. This gives you an advantage to increase your sales to the other agencies. While SS does not correct the new loading system, many collaborators will add up to stop making new content for SS