Anna Shutterstock

We’re Updating How You Upload Vectors

4 minutes ago, Max Engine said:

And when customer will buy your work and download it he will get a JPEG file instead vector.... I don't think that he will like this 😂

There is a catgory at SS that is called Illustration, and that is not the same az Vector Illustration. These are raster images usually at a greater resolution. The buyers knows that this is not a vector illustration, so they should have no problem with it.

3 minutes ago, Dezso Durst said:

There is a catgory at SS that is called Illustration, and that is not the same az Vector Illustration. These are raster images usually at a greater resolution. The buyers knows that this is not a vector illustration, so they should have no problem with it.

Man, the buyer can get this images in JPEG from Google. Why he need spend his money in shutterstock for JPEGs that he can get free in Google

1 minute ago, Max Engine said:

Man, the buyer can get this images in JPEG from Google. Why he need spend his money in shutterstock for JPEGs that he can get free in Google

Because it is illegal? :)
Shutterstock buyer purchases a license for an image, first of all.

2 minutes ago, Max Engine said:

well this is another topic :) you are right...I would like to see how illustrations perform compared to vector files.

27 minutes ago, Max Engine said:

And when customer will buy your work and download it he will get a JPEG file instead vector.... I don't think that he will like this 😂

You can see that it is not a vector file. I make here are just illustrations. I upload vector to other pages. 

I used to load the eps + jpeg 25 mp (400 ppi). Buyers who do not work with the vector format, previously could buy a high-resolution jpeg, and also could use the "Shutterstock Editor" to create large images. Now Shutterstock deprived buyers of this opportunity. If I want a raster copy to be of high resolution, then I need to create an artboard of a vector file of 5000x5000 pixels - this will be insane! Accordingly, now the "Shutterstock Editor" will be used by fewer people, and this means that the cash income will also decrease.

Jeff, please answer, am I saying correctly?

Hey Shutterstock, you're aware of this isn't working right now - right?
Yesterday, uplodaded an EPS, without a JPG on side, got rejected:

Missing Reference Image: A reference image is required for this submission but was not provided.

Later yesterday, uploaded an EPS, tried to upload a JPG too, but the algorithm thought they are separate things, so could not provide JPG again, got rejected with same stuff;

Missing Reference Image: A reference image is required for this submission but was not provided.

Waiting for you to fix this

-

3 hours ago, Graffitimi said:

I don't upload vectors here because of the new system. But I upload as an illustration in jpg format. 

That is what i am also doing. I really hope they will undo this "great" change. Until then they get my raster versions of my vectors.

31 minutes ago, zsooofija said:

That is what i am also doing. I really hope they will undo this "great" change. Until then they get my raster versions of my vectors.

But this is not right, customer will buy image thinking it is vector but he will see that this "illustration" is raster!

9 minutes ago, Max Engine said:

But this is not right, customer will buy image thinking it is vector but he will see that this "illustration" is raster!

That's not true. You can upload your work as a vector or as an illustration. There is an option for this. The title also consist this info and it is visible

3 minutes ago, Max Engine said:

The customer sees it, that is raster ("Royalty-free stock illustration"). He doesn't believe it is vector. I also create illustrations in Photoshop, .

Desso Durst also described the difference.

3 hours ago, Dezso Durst said:

4 minutes ago, PaulSat said:

That's not true. You can upload your work as a vector or as an illustration. There is an option for this. The title also consist this info and it is visible

When customer searching vector file he writes in search "vector" and choose "vector" category... and if you will upload your illustrations they will simply not see them, because most of all they are searching vector files, nobody dont need JPEG files that are made in illustrator... 90% of designers need Master File's  not JPEGs to make changes that he want in that file

29 minutes ago, Max Engine said:

For someone with more than 10000 images online, I would expect you to have a better understanding of how things work on shutterstock.

14 minutes ago, zsooofija said:

For someone with more than 10000 images online, I would expect you to have a better understanding of how things work on shutterstock.

I have better understanding than this admins who made "super innovation" with 4mpx 😎

Just now, Max Engine said:

I have better understanding than this admins who made "super innovation" with 4mpx 😎

that's for sure 😁

I'm sorry, I just couldn't resist after reading the thread for days and seeing there is still no problems fix or reply to erased questions from administration.

image.thumb.png.2fdf84a855a3d6551559cc672353d823.png

Very very bad. I was preparing a big pack for download and now I can not download it. And I will not ship anything under the new rules. Too much of what needs to be redone... Sad...

Most people i know in my "still developing" country, they still use internet quota with upload speed approx 5 - 10Mbps
and of course, commonly disconnect anytime due to stability issue.

before, it is hard work to create a lot of artworks  but now    it is hard work to upload files and PRAY the internet stability will going smoothly!

Authors must have the right to choose. You can leave the old one and implement the new system for downloading vector files, then you will see a segment of authors who use this or that version. Without the right to choose, neither we nor you will know what is more effective. 
Adobe Stock has EPS + JPEG and EPS (SVG) options with auto generation of preview, it doesn’t bother them at all.
Shutterstock as a trend, today one, tomorrow another.

We have discovered some issues with auto-rasterization of vectors with anti-alias settings. Our product team is working on a solution to improve the quality of these rasters. While we are developing the solution for this issue, we will hold off on reviewing submissions that are affected, so some of you may see a longer than usual review time for your submitted vectors. Our engineers expect to have a fix in place very early next week. Thanks for your patience as we work on improving this process!

10 hours ago, Separisa said:

I'm sorry, I just couldn't resist after reading the thread for days and seeing there is still no problems fix or reply to erased questions from administration.

image.thumb.png.2fdf84a855a3d6551559cc672353d823.png

Classic and Best meme yet.

1 hour ago, Anna Shutterstock said:

We have discovered some issues with auto-rasterization of vectors with anti-alias settings. Our product team is working on a solution to improve the quality of these rasters. While we are developing the solution for this issue, we will hold off on reviewing submissions that are affected, so some of you may see a longer than usual review time for your submitted vectors. Our engineers expect to have a fix in place very early next week. Thanks for your patience as we work on improving this process!

I hope your engineers can put priority on making the auto-raster-tool be able to generate JPEG preview without the need to upload a 4MP vector. Please hear us all out, the 4MP rule is really wrecking havoc and making our life very difficult.