Shutterstock Has Made Uploading Vectors Easier Than Ever

10 minutes ago, art_of_sun said:

All I can say is that after this perfect innovation I won't be able to upload any of my complex vector designs to Shutterstock because all of them are bigger than 50Mb with 4Mpix resolution.

- - -

Please sign the petition to show SS how many contributors do not agree with their "innovation": https://www.change.org/p/shutterstock-cancel-the-limitation-of-eps-files-to-4-megapixels-on-shutterstock

Please sign the petition to show SS how many contributors do not agree with their "innovation": https://www.change.org/p/shutterstock-cancel-the-limitation-of-eps-files-to-4-megapixels-on-shutterstock

• Replies 690
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here's a great vector from Ecco. https://www.shutterstock.com/image-vector/big-collection-spring-summer-colorful-flowers-1301017918?src=pdxYEDqm-1P8UpFlOpwRWA-1-7 Here's the illustration ins

Posted Images

I absolutely agree with everything written by other authors: these changes make mo sense, they will lead to a much worse quality content. I don't understand why Shutterstock makes such a rules for all the content to become less quality just to fit the new standards?! It's bad both for the contributors and for the clients!

Dear Shutterstock Team,

Please listen to our opinions before you make a decision. I absolutely oppose the new uploading system.  

1. Vector contributors will need to calculate the pixels with taking extra time.

2. Vector contributors will need to make a extra heavy eps file for Shutterstock.

3. Vector contributors will need to make JPG files for other agencies the same as always.

4. Large file takes long time to upload.

What are the benefits from the large file for the customers and the reviewers? Who loves large files?

1 hour ago, Voin_Sveta said:

Dear Shutterstock,

I feel that you're NOT RESPECTING people who are making money for you, as you warned us just 3 DAYS before.

1) I will need to spend a lot of time changing lots of files that are already drawn. Contributors usually draw content not for tomorrow, but for months ahead, you know.

2) I need to throw away all the complex art I already drawn and draw some icons for you.

It will not fit in your "increased" 50Mb in 4Mp.

3) I need to write metadata by hand for each file just for SS.

You know, it's written in JPEG file, that "You will no longer need to provide when you upload". And you didn't invent any alternative, so to say something false like this makes me remember 1984 of Orwell, when they increased dose of chocolate. You cannot say "WE MADE IT EASIER", if you just deleted something and didn't give alternative. Anyway we're making it for all other micro stocks, so no profit for us in this "innovation".

4) I will need to make special BIG files for SS. 

This one new EPS file will take much more space in my Mac than 2 files that were before. But actually now I will need to make 3 files. One BIG for you, and 2 ordinary EPS and JPEG for others.

5) We don't know how it will convert EPS to JPEG.

Others spoil colours completely. Looking at your innovation style, I can predict that it will be even worse.

IN TOTAL: this DOESN'T look as convenient innovation at all. And you're forcing us to use it anyway. So tell at least what you will get for this?

P.S. If this is not a late 1 April joke, you're just putting a spoke in wheel of our bicycle and I cannot understand why. We're the ones, who pedal this bicycle, but you're also riding it! If you will fall and break it, we will ride further on another one even though we did like this one more.

I fully agree with the above!

1 hour ago, Voin_Sveta said:

Dear Shutterstock,

I feel that you're NOT RESPECTING people who are making money for you, as you warned us just 3 DAYS before.

1) I will need to spend a lot of time changing lots of files that are already drawn. Contributors usually draw content not for tomorrow, but for months ahead, you know.

2) I need to throw away all the complex art I already drawn and draw some icons for you.

It will not fit in your "increased" 50Mb in 4Mp.

3) I need to write metadata by hand for each file just for SS.

You know, it's written in JPEG file, that "You will no longer need to provide when you upload". And you didn't invent any alternative, so to say something false like this makes me remember 1984 of Orwell, when they increased dose of chocolate. You cannot say "WE MADE IT EASIER", if you just deleted something and didn't give alternative. Anyway we're making it for all other micro stocks, so no profit for us in this "innovation".

4) I will need to make special BIG files for SS. 

This one new EPS file will take much more space in my Mac than 2 files that were before. But actually now I will need to make 3 files. One BIG for you, and 2 ordinary EPS and JPEG for others.

5) We don't know how it will convert EPS to JPEG.

Others spoil colours completely. Looking at your innovation style, I can predict that it will be even worse.

IN TOTAL: this DOESN'T look as convenient innovation at all. And you're forcing us to use it anyway. So tell at least what you will get for this?

P.S. If this is not a late 1 April joke, you're just putting a spoke in wheel of our bicycle and I cannot understand why. We're the ones, who pedal this bicycle, but you're also riding it! If you will fall and break it, we will ride further on another one even though we did like this one more.

+100   Dear Shutterstock! This is bad news for us.

6 minutes ago, Yori N said:

Dear Shutterstock Team,

Please listen to our opinions before you make a decision. I absolutely oppose the new uploading system.  

1. Vector contributors will need to calculate the pixels with taking extra time.

2. Vector contributors will need to make a extra heavy eps file for Shutterstock.

3. Vector contributors will need to make JPG files for other agencies the same as always.

What are the benefits from the large file for the customers and the reviewers? Who loves large files?

There are some hidden profitable benefits for ss team that no one bothers to explain to art suppliers, because why not 😂

1 minute ago, Yori N said:

Dear Shutterstock Team,

It's not easy to find someone who have benefits here.. no matter how much you try. Customers will get trouble also, so benefits must be somewhere else ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

4 hours ago, GraphicsRF said:

This will be a total disaster. It simply does not make any sense. EPS 10 file size is proportional to artwork scale size. I just re-sized a best-seller which was 14.9MB and made a 4MP artboard and re-saved as EPS10. The file size was 130MB. 

Shutterstock, are you reading this? Again, this will be a total disaster.

+100500

37 minutes ago, Yori N said:

Dear Shutterstock Team,

+

You're absolutely right.

2 hours ago, MaDedee said:

Don't worry. Soon you will be angry too. They will f*** up images upload. Be 100% sure that they will came up with some another  "great idea" considering that they are not capable to improve anything..

I believe they are already on the way... )))  as who can stop computer and financial geniuses ...  everybody is so stupid :D...  nobody to listen really... 

2 hours ago, Oleksii Arseniuk said:

Let me give you an example so you could understand our anger: imagine that after increasing file size limits for photos to 50MP you're allowed to load photos no less than 200MP. Or another one(ever better): lets say that 100MP PSD file is required along with .jpeg but the file limit is still 50MP...

I got you... thanks.

The obvious subject is that SS should answer to the questions regarding paradoxes which has occurred by upload changes.

This is clear that it's impossible to create a complicated with the dimension of(2000px*2000px) vector file while it is under 50 mb size.

So:

1.Does it mean that contributors should no longer upload such contents?

2.Would SS answer that WHY the vector dimension limit will increases while this change seems useless?

Dear Shutterstock, what the reason for this "exciting improvements"? Looks like a joke, really.

Bad for all of us contributors! Glitter effects, gradient meshes, opacities, and blends will be eliminated from our files to fit your new "easier-than-ever" uploading limits

I liked the old submission method, I made all my workflow based on Shutterstock requirements first of all, and now you are ruining everything for NO REASON AT ALL!

I am so disappointed. 

Please do not do this. This is a mistake.