Anna Shutterstock

Shutterstock Has Made Uploading Vectors Easier Than Ever

If innovation is so necessary and a lot of developers have been invested in it - let it be. The same method of loading EPS + JPG is left as it is. Let the participants have free choice. But how do buyers know the size and weight of the file they want to buy ... a lot of fog ...

39 minutes ago, Anna Shutterstock said:

Hi everyone,

Thank you again for all the comments and feedback you have provided. We understand the importance of having embedded metadata recognized during the upload process as well as the change in workflow when working with large files. We have collected all of your input and are actively working with our product and engineering teams to come up with the best path forward.

While we continue to delve into the numerous points that were brought up in your responses, we will postpone the release of the 4MP requirement and the auto generation of JPEGs from EPS files. We’ll continue working on perfecting the tools that empower and support all of our contributors, and we’ll be back with an update soon.

Thank you again for all your input and for being such an active part of our community of artists!

There is no need for "engineering teams to come up with the best path forward.", you already have one of the best path already, and we are happy about it, no need to change if there is nothing wrong

I think that we all owe a Shutterstock a big 'Thank You' for actually listening to their contributors.

Anna's post sounds like they are going to ditch this new process.

Again Thank You Shutterstock.

50 minutes ago, Fenton one said:

I think that we all owe a Shutterstock a big 'Thank You' for actually listening to their contributors.

Anna's post sounds like they are going to ditch this new process.

Again Thank You Shutterstock.

Why do you think that? They announced they will postpone the release of the 4MP requirement and the auto generation of JPEGs from EPS files. So they will do it anyways, but later. What is there to thank for?

On 4/10/2019 at 2:55 PM, GarryKillian said:

Almost 1400 contributors said that they do not want this changes, but again - you just making minor changes with the same problems. 

Ok, how many people need to be against? 2000? Or our voices just have no affect on your decisions? 

Petition reopened 

Please do not close the petition. Since the danger is still in the air  :)

'we will postpone the release of the 4MP requirement'

Ok, stop deleting my messages.

I'm so tired of your corporate stuff. Could you just implement this if contributors are just animals to you? I want to live further, or do something, or search next decision, I do not want to sit and wait.

PNG what buyers really need, if there was an opportunity to upload a transparent png at the shutterstock, it would give a huge market, there are a huge number of people who don’t work in the vector but they need elements cuted from the background, the most frequent request from my off-line clients is png with transparency, sometimes they bought something from my works on Shutterstock, but they ask me to port to them because they don’t know how to work with a vector, but they can put together a layout in Photoshop or another program.

To work with the vector you must be a pro to work with png you can be a schoolboy.  

One option and how much we can earn, one button, you can write that now you can download png in 4 megapixels, and the problem with megapixels is solved. 

1 minute ago, Wildrabbit said:

PNG , что покупатели действительно нужно, если есть возможность загрузить прозрачный PNG на Shutterstock, это дало бы огромный рынок, есть огромное количество людей , которые не работают в векторе , но они нуждаются элементы вырезан из фона , наиболее частый запрос от моих клиентов оффлайнового это детские с прозрачностью, иногда они купили что - то из моих работ на Shutterstock, но они спрашивают меня , портировать на них , потому что они не знают , как работать с вектором, но они могут собрать макет в Photoshop или другой программе.

Для работы с вектором вы должны быть профессионалом , чтобы работать с детские , вы можете быть школьником .  

Один из вариантов, и сколько мы можем заработать, одна кнопка, вы можете написать, что теперь вы можете скачать PNG в 4 мегапикселя, и проблема с мегапикселя решена. 

+++++++++++++

2 minutes ago, Pure Sight lab said:

'we will postpone the release of the 4MP requirement'

Ok, stop deleting my messages.

I'm so tired of your corporate stuff. Could you just implement this if contributors are just animals to you? I want to live further, or do something, or search next decision, I do not want to sit and wait.

If you post angry, aggressive, or accusatory comments, we will moderate appropriately. Contributors are not "animals". All groups and people deserve respect, and the expectation of this community is to conduct respectful discussions and provide respectful feedback in both directions. 

10 minutes ago, smash338 said:

If someone needs your PNG, then let them buy from you, and most of them do not need it. My customers love what I do and in what format I do it. If, since 2009, your customers have not learned to open your work in the vector, teach them. Vekor more in demand than what you want to promote here. Or are you one of those who want this innovation ???? If so, I'm sorry for you

Если кому-то нужно ваше PNg, то пусть у вас они и покупают, а большинству это нахрен не нужно. Моим покупателям нравится то, что я делаю и в каком формате я это делаю. Если с  2009 года ваши покупатели так и не научились открыввать ваши работы в векторе, научите их. Векор более востребован, чем то что вы хотите тут продвинуть.  Или вы один из тех, кто хочет это нововведение???? Если это так, мне жаль вас 

I hope you read what I wrote and not what you wanted to see in my message. They buy and they pay extra money to have PNG.

In order to fly on an airplane there is no need to learn how to build planes or manage flights with them.

I am talking about additional features, if a vector have attached PNG, it is a blessing and a huge plus.

7 minutes ago, Jeff D. said:

If you post angry, aggressive, or accusatory comments, we will moderate appropriately. Contributors are not "animals". All groups and people deserve respect, and the expectation of this community is to conduct respectful discussions and provide respectful feedback in both directions. 

People are tired and will get angry every postponing. I see, you delete many messages. Most of people do not think it's a respect when you make a decision which 1500+ of contributors are strongly against of and no one supports. They think, it's disrespectful, I think this, too. Many of us don't know what to do when you're postponing and they visit this forum again and again. So some messages can be edgy. It's ok, not all of people are good in negotiations, we're designers, artists and sometimes do not know what is edgy and what is not. Well, sorry (?). I thought this was a script, but I see you deleted them personally.

We really look forward some modified and improved requirement, that will make happier BOTH Shutterstock and conributors. That's all we actually wanted, to be honest. To me 4 mp decision was a mere disaster, so I'm glad that you're taking some time to reconsider. Listening each other is a win-win, so let's just keep winning :)

3 hours ago, Anna Shutterstock said:

We’ll continue working on perfecting the tools that empower and support all of our contributors, and we’ll be back with an update soon.

Please, don't. It is perfect enough already.

I said thanks a week ago. Now I hear your response and I will postpone my next thanks for a while. Just in case.

5 hours ago, Anna Shutterstock said:

Hi everyone,

Thank you again for all the comments and feedback you have provided. We understand the importance of having embedded metadata recognized during the upload process as well as the change in workflow when working with large files. We have collected all of your input and are actively working with our product and engineering teams to come up with the best path forward.

While we continue to delve into the numerous points that were brought up in your responses, we will postpone the release of the 4MP requirement and the auto generation of JPEGs from EPS files. We’ll continue working on perfecting the tools that empower and support all of our contributors, and we’ll be back with an update soon.

Thank you again for all your input and for being such an active part of our community of artists!

So, if you understand it just change nothing!!!! 
Is that so difficult??? O_o

If the next update again saying it just postpone the date, I can't imagine how mad will the contributors be, 1000+ times! So please, with your heart and for saving your business, consider what we really want, don't decide anything just to flavor your own good that didn't do anything benefit to your business.

6 hours ago, Maxal Tamor said:

So, if you understand it just change nothing!!!! 
Is that so difficult??? O_o

6 hours ago, Maxal Tamor said:

How many programmers are required to implement support for AI+PNG? I think, Jon could implement this feature in one week 12 years ago with two hands only without hundreds of developers from the beautiful and amazing country of India.

9 hours ago, curiosity said:

Thank you Anna, but why "postpone the release of the 4MP requirement" again? Why not just discard this decision?

Hm. Do they use sandbox for tests? Does somebody take part in these tests?

7 hours ago, Jeff D. said:

But what reaction did you wait? You did not give arguments pro your "innovation". You talk as humanist from ads company, not as qualified engineer.

12 hours ago, Anna Shutterstock said:

Hi everyone,

Most of the comments here are dealing with designers and their workflow, and larger files, but can  you imagine being a buyer and downloading an icon only to  find out it's 2000 pixels square?

Anyone who's ever worked with design knows exactly how out of touch  with a real-world working situation that is.  Absolutely no one wants an icon at that size, it's literally unusable to its intended market. 

The reaction you are seeing here is from  people that work with these files on a daily basis and know what is needed in various situations.  They also  know that the people who  need to  modify the files already have the knowledge, and the expectation,  that the files will  need to  be modified.  This is a given. When I do  a poster design,  I design it at 11x17 because that is the perfect size for most venues or bands on a budget,  you can take it the local print shop and have a bunch  of copies run off at an affordable price,  any larger and you're either printing large quantities or paying a lot more for printing, and you'll  have to  send it off and wait for the package to  arrive, any  smaller and you're no longer in the "poster" size range. 

This decision, literally negates any  practice of 'good design' that  was intended by  the people making these files.  You'll  have icons far too  big to  be usable,  and mesh gradients that  bog your system  down to  a crawl while eating up  massive amounts of hard drive space,  for no other reason  than to add unnecessary  weight to  the file.  

The people that are upset, know they  are making files that  are both effective and efficient, and they are targetted specifically to  certain users for certain needs, and you are in essence taking away  their ability to  make intelligent decisions about their designs. 

If you really-really need to make improvements,  consider expanding the categories, I would love to  be able to  design a band poster and have a category  that  reflects that  it is in fact intended as a band poster,  because I am always left guessing where the best  place to put a flaming skull with  a guitar would be, and absolutely none of the categories are even remotely close to  fitting it.  

Edited by Weiesnbach
I kant spel rite

Thanks a lot!
However, we do not know the reasons why it was done. Just do not talk again about convenience, we all understand that it is not. I understand that we are not investors or shareholders to disclose the reasons for us.
But thus, I do not know what changes will be still ...