Shutterstock Has Made Uploading Vectors Easier Than Ever

• Replies 690
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here's a great vector from Ecco. https://www.shutterstock.com/image-vector/big-collection-spring-summer-colorful-flowers-1301017918?src=pdxYEDqm-1P8UpFlOpwRWA-1-7 Here's the illustration ins

Posted Images

Just now, AnastasiaOsipova said:

Most of my vectors do not have gradient meshes, lighting effects, and other weight-adding graphic effects, but they will not fit in the new restrictions ... But I’m only here for the third month ... I have to look for third-party resources to promote my vectors .. .

oh... what a beautiful fur !  so cute dog!
what's the weight of this eps with new 4MP size?

Для фотографов - представьте, что завтра Шаттер напишет анонс "Мы сделали загрузку фоток легкой как никогда!" - надо только скачать на ваш айфон новое приложение и грузить через него. Это же так удобно - снимаете на телефон и тут же отправляете на сток. А загрузку через сайт мы на следующей неделе отключим, ведь новый способ такой удобный!

А если у вас нет айфона, или у вас тыщи фоток на компе, или вы хотите их обрабатывать в ФШ или пакетно атрибутировать и прочие привычные вам вещи?
Ну наверное придумаете что-нибудь.

Аналогия хромает, конечно, но мне кажется ощущения поможет прочувствовать.

http://www.microstock.ru/forum/showthread.php?t=52&page=4382

Photographers, please imagine that Shutterstock will write tomorrow such announce: "We Have Made Uploading Photos Easier Than Ever". You need download to you iPhone our new app and upload your photos via it only. It's very comfortable - you shoots with phone and submit your photo to Shutterstock instantly! And we will disable uploading with web interface next week because a new method is super convenient!
What if you don't have an iPhone or you have thousands of photos inside your hard disks, or you prefer to improve your images with Photoshop, or you like to attribute within batches or other oldschool tasks? We hope you will move on iPhone app on 15th May.

5 hours ago, AnastasiaOsipova said:

Most of my vectors do not have gradient meshes, lighting effects, and other weight-adding graphic effects, but they will not fit in the new restrictions ... But I’m only here for the third month ... I have to look for third-party resources to promote my vectors .. .image.thumb.png.ed79c215c7cf48f8d373e1561d6ab6bf.pngimage.thumb.png.ed79c215c7cf48f8d373e1561d6ab6bf.png

Impressing work, Anastasia!

Go out and offer your work to agencies, that accept your work!

13 hours ago, AnastasiaOsipova said:

Most of my vectors do not have gradient meshes, lighting effects, and other weight-adding graphic effects, but they will not fit in the new restrictions ... But I’m only here for the third month ... I have to look for third-party resources to promote my vectors .. .

Нереально крутые работы

16 hours ago, Fenton one said:

I cannot believe they are still going to implement this new system; 'revised timeline' is not a good idea, all the comments on this Forum say one thing, its is a unworkable set of criteria, this adds up to 1000's of years of experience, all saying one thing.

The raster version of the file no matter what the software engine they use to produce it, will not be anywhere near as good as contributors producing their own image.

The size thing is just completely bonkers.

Who is the person who is responsible for this, because they need to be removed from their position of responsibility, as they have significantly failed to understand exactly what a .eps file is, how they work and how designers use them.

I suspect it is someone who has never even clicked and opened a Vector file, they just sit behind a desk wearing a suit, looking at stats all day.

If Shutterstock go down this route, then on their heads be it, the noise on this Forum is unequivocal, PLEASE SHUTTERSTOCK don't implement these new requirements.

true...

the most ridiculous thing about this is the fact that shutterstock is still willing to implement it..

you would think they would have already fired the person who came up with this idea

8 hours ago, Wilm Ihlenfeld said:

Впечатляющие работы, Анастасия!

Выйдите и предложить свою работу в учреждение, которые принимают вашу работу!

Thank! I live in the province and there are simply no decent agencies. The best way out is to work as a freelancer. But I don't know that either ... Shutterstock is the first on my list.

New requirements is very complicated:

• Now I need to calculate all my work dimensions to fit 4mp size. I have tried it.
  • I store all my keywords/description in my generated JPG file
  • My free disk size will decrease so fast

Please implement dual upload method —

• Old method with new requirement for large JPG — EPS + JPG (16mp or more)
  • New method EPS (4mp)

Screen Shot 2019-04-12 at 14.56.30.png

7 minutes ago, Anna Shutterstock said:

Hi everyone,

Thank you again for all the comments and feedback you have provided. We understand the importance of having embedded metadata recognized during the upload process as well as the change in workflow when working with large files. We have collected all of your input and are actively working with our product and engineering teams to come up with the best path forward.

While we continue to delve into the numerous points that were brought up in your responses, we will postpone the release of the 4MP requirement and the auto generation of JPEGs from EPS files. We’ll continue working on perfecting the tools that empower and support all of our contributors, and we’ll be back with an update soon.

Thank you again for all your input and for being such an active part of our community of artists!

wow again.

I was thinking, and I wanted to write here again.

During these days many rude phrases and unpleasant words were addressed to the Shutterstock. There were a lot of negative emotions, but it seems to me that one of the main reasons why people wrote here was that we all love the Shutterstock.

Shutterstock has always been a quality benchmark, selling works on the Shutterstock has always been a little “wow” (especially when it was a difficult exam). We all want Shatterstok to live long and happy, we want care about it too, 'cause for many of us Shutterstock means a lot. My creative way and designer career starts from Shutterstock, and I think not only mine. 

Thank you Anna, thank you Shutterstock