Anna Shutterstock

Shutterstock Has Made Uploading Vectors Easier Than Ever

I cannot believe they are still going to implement this new system; 'revised timeline' is not a good idea, all the comments on this Forum say one thing, its is a unworkable set of criteria, this adds up to 1000's of years of experience, all saying one thing.

The raster version of the file no matter what the software engine they use to produce it, will not be anywhere near as good as contributors producing their own image.

The size thing is just completely bonkers.

Who is the person who is responsible for this, because they need to be removed from their position of responsibility, as they have significantly failed to understand exactly what a .eps file is, how they work and how designers use them.

I suspect it is someone who has never even clicked and opened a Vector file, they just sit behind a desk wearing a suit, looking at stats all day.

If Shutterstock go down this route, then on their heads be it, the noise on this Forum is unequivocal, PLEASE SHUTTERSTOCK don't implement these new requirements.

Hi, SS!

I like to make images for India and other Asian countries. My works are complex with using gradient meshes, lighting effects and so on. Indian customers like to buy these images. But now I think that many of these customers will have problem with loading and opening a huge vector files because they haven’t a powerful and expensive equipment for working with files 100-200 Mb. These customers will be lost and it’s no sense to work in this direction. Please give us the possibility to choose option for uploading

Shutterstock customers will not buy vector images with more weight. Why do they need it? They can buy the same picture, but with a small weight, from competitors, for example on adobe or istock. No one wants to waste time and money on meaninglessly large files.

Most of my vectors do not have gradient meshes, lighting effects, and other weight-adding graphic effects, but they will not fit in the new restrictions ... But I’m only here for the third month ... I have to look for third-party resources to promote my vectors .. .image.thumb.png.ed79c215c7cf48f8d373e1561d6ab6bf.pngimage.thumb.png.ed79c215c7cf48f8d373e1561d6ab6bf.png

Just now, AnastasiaOsipova said:

Most of my vectors do not have gradient meshes, lighting effects, and other weight-adding graphic effects, but they will not fit in the new restrictions ... But I’m only here for the third month ... I have to look for third-party resources to promote my vectors .. .

oh... what a beautiful fur !  so cute dog!
what's the weight of this eps with new 4MP size?

9 minutes ago, kotoffei said:

ой ... какая красивая шерсть! так мило собака!
что вес этой ЭПС с новым размером 4MP?

Thank! I appreciate the words of the master! 58 megabytes. Even if megabytes increase it is still too much ...

Для фотографов - представьте, что завтра Шаттер напишет анонс "Мы сделали загрузку фоток легкой как никогда!" - надо только скачать на ваш айфон новое приложение и грузить через него. Это же так удобно - снимаете на телефон и тут же отправляете на сток. А загрузку через сайт мы на следующей неделе отключим, ведь новый способ такой удобный!

А если у вас нет айфона, или у вас тыщи фоток на компе, или вы хотите их обрабатывать в ФШ или пакетно атрибутировать и прочие привычные вам вещи?
Ну наверное придумаете что-нибудь.

Аналогия хромает, конечно, но мне кажется ощущения поможет прочувствовать.

http://www.microstock.ru/forum/showthread.php?t=52&page=4382

Photographers, please imagine that Shutterstock will write tomorrow such announce: "We Have Made Uploading Photos Easier Than Ever". You need download to you iPhone our new app and upload your photos via it only. It's very comfortable - you shoots with phone and submit your photo to Shutterstock instantly! And we will disable uploading with web interface next week because a new method is super convenient!
What if you don't have an iPhone or you have thousands of photos inside your hard disks, or you prefer to improve your images with Photoshop, or you like to attribute within batches or other oldschool tasks? We hope you will move on iPhone app on 15th May.

Because Shutterstock has made uploading vectors harder than ever from April 15th I’m going to stop uploading vectors to this site. This new requirement is absolutely ridiculous. It’s impractical for both contributors and customers. I’m not going to list all the reasons why this is an awful move as so many other contributors have given very clear explanations on this situation. I will simply say that forcing me to jump through silly hoops to upload excessively large files is not something that I’m willing to suffer through. Feel free to let me know when you start taking our concerns seriously.

5 hours ago, AnastasiaOsipova said:

Most of my vectors do not have gradient meshes, lighting effects, and other weight-adding graphic effects, but they will not fit in the new restrictions ... But I’m only here for the third month ... I have to look for third-party resources to promote my vectors .. .image.thumb.png.ed79c215c7cf48f8d373e1561d6ab6bf.pngimage.thumb.png.ed79c215c7cf48f8d373e1561d6ab6bf.png

Impressing work, Anastasia!

Go out and offer your work to agencies, that accept your work!

6 hours ago, Wilm Ihlenfeld said:

Impressing work, Anastasia!

Go out and offer your work to agencies, that accept your work!

+1!
This is *way* too impressive to get sold for a couple of cents! Hats off to you for your work and skills. 

13 hours ago, AnastasiaOsipova said:

Most of my vectors do not have gradient meshes, lighting effects, and other weight-adding graphic effects, but they will not fit in the new restrictions ... But I’m only here for the third month ... I have to look for third-party resources to promote my vectors .. .

Нереально крутые работы

16 hours ago, Fenton one said:

I cannot believe they are still going to implement this new system; 'revised timeline' is not a good idea, all the comments on this Forum say one thing, its is a unworkable set of criteria, this adds up to 1000's of years of experience, all saying one thing.

The raster version of the file no matter what the software engine they use to produce it, will not be anywhere near as good as contributors producing their own image.

The size thing is just completely bonkers.

Who is the person who is responsible for this, because they need to be removed from their position of responsibility, as they have significantly failed to understand exactly what a .eps file is, how they work and how designers use them.

I suspect it is someone who has never even clicked and opened a Vector file, they just sit behind a desk wearing a suit, looking at stats all day.

If Shutterstock go down this route, then on their heads be it, the noise on this Forum is unequivocal, PLEASE SHUTTERSTOCK don't implement these new requirements.

true...

the most ridiculous thing about this is the fact that shutterstock is still willing to implement it..

you would think they would have already fired the person who came up with this idea

8 hours ago, Wilm Ihlenfeld said:

Впечатляющие работы, Анастасия!

Выйдите и предложить свою работу в учреждение, которые принимают вашу работу!

Thank! I live in the province and there are simply no decent agencies. The best way out is to work as a freelancer. But I don't know that either ... Shutterstock is the first on my list.

59 minutes ago, AKaiser said:

+1!
Это * способ * слишком внушительно , чтобы продать за пару центов! Шляпы прочь к вам для вашей работы и навыков. 

I am really very pleased to read this. I myself consider my work as usual and simple.

619 comments to this "great announcement" and not ONE positive. all of them are very very negative. please, shutterstock stop this insanity!

Cher Shutterstock, s'il vous plaît, permettez aux contributeurs de télécharger des vecteurs comme auparavant. Les nouvelles exigences ne peuvent pas être effectuées.
C'est impossible car c'est très gros. Quel dommage!

New requirements is very complicated:

• Now I need to calculate all my work dimensions to fit 4mp size. I have tried it.
  • I store all my keywords/description in my generated JPG file
  • My free disk size will decrease so fast

Please implement dual upload method —

• Old method with new requirement for large JPG — EPS + JPG (16mp or more)
  • New method EPS (4mp)

Screen Shot 2019-04-12 at 14.56.30.png