Anna Shutterstock

Shutterstock Has Made Uploading Vectors Easier Than Ever

Уважаемые админы и инспекторы! Я очень НЕ ХОЧУ, чтобы новые требования вступили в силу!  Это добавило проблем, как продавцам, так и покупателям. Я за то, чтобы сделать выбор по загрузке. Кому удобно, пусть загружают файлы по 4 мегапикселя, а остальные - как и раньше (eps + jpeg). Поверьте, от этого всем будет комфортнее. Не усложняйте нам всем жизнь:(

Edited by Yuliya Chuhkryaeva

I was hoping also the old system would remain. I am very disappointed. I thought they'd be redesigned to be good for everyone. They want to force us into a complicated workflow. Many vectors will still not be uploadable. This is not the solution

Странно, что SS давно уже говорит одно и тоже - "Размер eps-файла должен быть не менее 4 MP". Но любой технически грамотный человек знает, что размер векторного файла не измеряется в MP. В векторном файле узлы могут быть расположены в любом месте на рабочей плоскости, а их координаты сохраняются в файл в формате чисел с плавающей запятой. Удивительно, но люди не понимают, что в векторном файле нет мегапикселей.

Что касается коммерческой стороны, то тут все очень просто:

1.Продавцы должны выкладывать свои работы в том виде, в котором они наиболее востребованы покупателями.

2. Продавцы должны иметь возможность выкладывать свои работы как в формате EPS, так и в формате AI. Покупатель сам решит, что ему больше нравится, а продавцы подстроятся под спрос.

3. Продавцы имеют право не доверять преобразованиям EPS-JPG на стороне SS и должны иметь право сами готовить превью для своих векторных работ.

@ Shutterstock Team

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE.

Just replace the new changes with the old, good solution. Return to the past... everyone loves it.

Let people work and sweep away this ridiculous chaos :(

Wow, amazing work SS *sarcasm* 

So, there is no changes. Just an extra week for us to prepare. I thought it would be at least half a year, and with two ways of uploading, if they say they actually hear us. But no one heard here. And never would be. SS showed its face, and it is ugly as freak.

Awesome. I have no words. So offensive and rude, now that looks like a bad, bad joke with this new *exciting* update you make today. 

9 hours ago, art_of_sun said:

Anna, I have only one question: have you asked your customers - are they able and ready to download such a huge files?

You don't think about your customers in the first place. Which customer wants to download such large files and then edit them? Most computers won't be able to process them. They don't think of the contributors anyway. 
Sorry Shutterstock, you didn't understand anything. I am convinced that she would lose many of your customers with this decision. The other stock agencies are already looking forward to it. Too bad, I liked Shutterstock so far. 

New advertising slogans. Do not thank.
Cool and slim.
Choose small vectors, we know that there is life on the other side of the globe.
Your computer never hangs on our sizes.
You can download our vectors even with an old modem.
Only 100 megabytes of disk space. A whole collection of images.
Our vectors have a healthy weight.

John's wife is happy because he saved on traffic by downloading a vector in company XXX, and with the money saved he bought her shoes.
Tom's wife hates him because he spent on traffic more than the cost of the vector itself, and owed the bank for a new hard drive.

Omg! I'm shocked again! You guys don't understand how terrible this innovations. Customers will be dissapointed with such a HUGE files. I suppose they'll leave shutterstock. And we, contributors, will be unhappy too. Many of us we'll be forced to leave. And also I don't have opportunity to keep all this huge files at my computer and to work with them. That's all incredible madness!!

17 hours ago, Anna Shutterstock said:

Hello everyone,

Based on the feedback we have received from contributors, we are making changes to the requirements to accept an even larger variety of content.

In order to test these new changes we are pushing back the release of our new uploading process to next week.

The revised timeline is:

• On April 15th 2019, all EPS files will need to be at least 4 MP with a new maximum MB size. We are currently working to determine the optimal limit, but it will be greater than 50MB. Our goal is to ensure contributors can continue uploading vectors of various complexity.
  • On April 17th 2019, a JPG will automatically be created for your vectors when you upload.

We thank you for being an integral part of our creative community, and for sharing your feedback with us. We are pleased to represent your creative work on our platform, and we thank you for your continued support!

This is not a compromise, I do not see any changes.

Colleagues, please sign the new petition.
https://www.change.org/p/shutterstock-cancel-generation-of-previews-from-eps-on-shutterstock

Oops... Big EPS will very unusable for us and for customers. You can do any size of preview JPGs from small EPS. If you programmers can't do it they are bad programmers.

With you changes customers will buy big EPS and small (4MPx) JPGs but now they have small EPS and big JPGs. I hope customers will be unhappy.

4 MPx EPS is very bad idea anyway. 

12 hours ago, Anna Shutterstock said:
  • On April 15th 2019, all EPS files will need to be at least 4 MP with a new maximum MB size. We are currently working to determine the optimal limit, but it will be greater than 50MB. Our goal is to ensure contributors can continue uploading vectors of various complexity.
  • On April 17th 2019, a JPG will automatically be created for your vectors when you upload.

Perfect solution to the problem! You just changed the date. Someone in Shutterstock is too proud to admit his mistake and cancel the decision. Ok!

What remains for me? Work as usual. But now also count megapixels and copy/paste keywords.

But remember, if clients go to other agencies and my sales will go down, I will have to send you to hell, Shutterstock!

If you make a valid 100 or 200 megabyte size of an eps file, then still about 50% of all my files will not fit into this limit, if you make an EPS of 4 megapixels.

This thread looks more and more like the last human beings trying to survive in a algorythm and robots world...

on one side you have plenty of emotions, anger, sadness, frustration, on the other side you have cold blindness logic with a smiling face...

This is terrifying.

1 minute ago, L.DEP said:

This thread look more and more like the last human beings trying to survive in a algorythm and robots world...

on one side you have plenty of emotions, anger, sadness, frustration, on the other side you have cold blindness logic with a smiling face...

This is terrifying.

I think this thread is for silly and small-minded contributors to speak out, calm down and not to bother Shutterstock with their plenty complaints. After all it's not the contributors who making money for SS but SS pays to contributors. I guess there are no people in SS who thinks about foundation of this stock..

10 hours ago, Anna Shutterstock said:

Hello everyone,

Based on the feedback we have received from contributors, we are making changes to the requirements to accept an even larger variety of content.

Please, stop saying this decision in based on our feedback (or please read our feedback again).

I think you just realized what some people were saying that the 50MB limit won't be enough for complex vectors, so you decided to increase that. I think most (if not all) comments here were not about the 50MB limit, but about the 4MP vector, and how that is problematic for contributors and buyers in the same time (and about how this is going to affect our workflow)

We still don't have the answer on WHY are you doing this. Please, at least stop pretending you make these changes in our favor (clearly not).

Shutterstock  spits not only on our face. Shutterstock  spits on face of the buyers as well.

Shutterstock forgets that they work with people and people make vectors. It is not done by itself.

It's your biggest mistake, shutterstock and you will pay for it by decrease of profit. And this decrease will be large

Shutterstock... are you serious? 4MP for eps it's really bad idea.

Ok, you don't want think about contributors and won't listen them, bit think about buyers
Who wants to upload 50MB eps instead of 1-2-5MB, with the same content? Buyers will simply buy vectors elsewhere, without this huge sizes. It's your money, m?

I understand there's already a lot of quite similar angry or sad comments on this thread so mine doesn't add much but I just can't hold my disappointment. This feels almost offensive - the way Shutterstock team "heard" us. If they could only reveal the reason they're implementing this "improvement" so I can understand the logic of that decision... Because it just doesn't make sense for me.

We all don't know, what's behind this decision.

To me there seems to be an automation problem with rasterizing eps-files. Shutterstock seems to aim on consistent eps file sizes (concerning dimensions), because they have decided to create jpg files themselves - whatever the reason. I don't know why it shouldn't be possible to introduce a standard of e.g. 0.4 MP eps file sizes and create automatically a jpg-file by rasterizing with 3.000 dpi (instead of 300 dpi for 4 MP files). The result would be the same - a 16 MP jpg file.

But what we know is: Contributor's problems don't count much. Customer's problems by handling those files don't count much. It's shutterstock's shareholders, who must be pleased. That's the only thing that counts.

This praised "innovation" will lead to a decrease of vector contributions, vector file quality, vector downloads and earnings in general. It will lead to an increase of this for the other microstock agencies. Once the shareholders will have noticed that because of missing money in their own pockets, the next "innovation" will follow: Way back to how it was before. Listening, understanding and learning is only taking place, if it hurts.