Shutterstock Has Made Uploading Vectors Easier Than Ever

• Replies 690
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here's a great vector from Ecco. https://www.shutterstock.com/image-vector/big-collection-spring-summer-colorful-flowers-1301017918?src=pdxYEDqm-1P8UpFlOpwRWA-1-7 Here's the illustration ins

Posted Images

38 minutes ago, Manon_Labe said:

Yeah, man. It's us who are evil.

Not evil, but it feels strange, people should have been angry as hell after the first message about 'postponing' but they looked happy and thanked a corporate employee for nothing. Sorry if it looked like hate or something, I pointed out that next time people should be angry after any kind of postponing. They should have been in the first place... This is a corporation, a machine. It wants only graphs and these graphs showed that contributors are happy about postponing. This was unclear to a corporate employee and she thought that it's enough. Rage should be tens times bigger.

This was incredibly clear that SS just wanted to do damage control and continue ruining everything.

1 hour ago, Anna Shutterstock said:

Hello everyone,

Based on the feedback we have received from contributors, we are making changes to the requirements to accept an even larger variety of content.

In order to test these new changes we are pushing back the release of our new uploading process to next week.

The revised timeline is:

• On April 15th 2019, all EPS files will need to be at least 4 MP with a new maximum MB size. We are currently working to determine the optimal limit, but it will be greater than 50MB. Our goal is to ensure contributors can continue uploading vectors of various complexity.
  • On April 17th 2019, a JPG will automatically be created for your vectors when you upload.

We thank you for being an integral part of our creative community, and for sharing your feedback with us. We are pleased to represent your creative work on our platform, and we thank you for your continued support!

You have completely and utterly missed the point of the hundreds of people that have commented here. 

I can take a vector that is physically 1pxX1px in size and produce a 25mp  JPEG from it without any problems.  The point of vectors is their ability to  be infinitely scalable. Again,  you are asking your contributors to literally slow their computers to  a crawl,  waste disk  space saving these files, and for what?

So  you can have an easy  method of generating a JPEG on your end?

....and that's the contributor side of things,  how about the people coming here to  download vector files? Who in their right mind is going to  download a 1 gigabyte vector file? No  really?!? That's no  exaggeration,  I did some tests with  some of my gradients meshes, and they  all  come close to  that  gigabyte when  scaled up  to 4mp. 

Your solution to  increase size limit completely misses the point,  and that point is,  there is absolutely no  reason  at all  to  have to  increase the physical size of a vector file,  unless of course you want to  make screen shots of vectors in order to produce JPEGS  and even then you can scale them on your end.

Again,  for complete clarification,  you can scale them up on your end,  make a JPEG,  and not have to  put this burden on contributors. Simple, easy, effective. 

If you think  this is a viable compromise,  just  wait till  your submissions drop  down to near nothing and your buyers are wondering why  their vector files are larger than  the rasters that  are produced from  them. Step  away  from  the situation, look at it from  the outside and it should be incredibly obvious how ridiculous this is. 

1 minute ago, Pure Sight lab said:

Rage should be tens times bigger.

This was incredibly clear that SS just wanted to do damage control and continue ruining everything.

Rage never get no one to a good place.

And no, it wasn't clear. I suppose, time will show, if it was any reasonable. They are free to steb themselves at the back. We shouldn't really stop them. Can't heal the one who doesn't wanna be healed.

2 hours ago, JSparrow said:

Я не могу понять, вы держите нас за идиотов ??? Это то же самое дерьмо, которое вы пытались засунуть раньше, но в новой упаковке !!! Вы не заботитесь об авторах !!! Вы не хотите считаться с их мнением! Это позор!

1) Мы не хотим гигантских файлов EPS !!!

2) Мы не хотим автоматической генерации JPG !!!!

3) Мы хотим метаданные в JPG !!!!

4) В конце концов, мы не хотим никаких изменений !!!

Направьте свои усилия на исправление многочисленных ошибок!

+++++

3 hours ago, JSparrow said:

I can not understand you hold us for idiots ??? This is the same shit that you tried to shove before, but in a new package !!! You don't care about the authors !!! You don't want to reckon with their opinion! It's a shame!

1) We don't want giant EPS files!!!

2) We don't want automatic generation of JPG!!!!

3) We want metadata in JPG!!!!

4) In the end, WE DON'T WANT ANY CHANGES !!!

Direct your efforts to fix numerous bugs!

+1. That's what you have to do. Nothing more.

5 hours ago, Anna Shutterstock said:

Hello everyone,

Based on the feedback we have received from contributors, we are making changes to the requirements to accept an even larger variety of content.

In order to test these new changes we are pushing back the release of our new uploading process to next week.

The revised timeline is:

• On April 15th 2019, all EPS files will need to be at least 4 MP with a new maximum MB size. We are currently working to determine the optimal limit, but it will be greater than 50MB. Our goal is to ensure contributors can continue uploading vectors of various complexity.
  • On April 17th 2019, a JPG will automatically be created for your vectors when you upload.

We thank you for being an integral part of our creative community, and for sharing your feedback with us. We are pleased to represent your creative work on our platform, and we thank you for your continued support!

The only solution seems to stop uploading vectors to SS!

Hello everyone,

The revised timeline is:

So do you mean, we have to upload a vector with the same MB size as a large like footage file?

if your goal is "ensure contributors can continue uploading vectors of various complexity", you must no change anything!

Hello everyone,

The revised timeline is:

Дебилыблядь3.jpg

Dear Anna and Shatterstok, I talked with some customers, and when they heard about your plans, they were shocked and said that it was not profitable for them to download such large files and then reduce them. For the buyer it is important to buy exactly the product and the size that he needs. Therefore, we once again ask you to CANCEL FINALLY the decision to make these changes. You just lose high-quality content, and along with buyers. Maybe after the loss of buyers and money you change your mind ?????

The revised timeline is:

• On April 15th 2019, all EPS files will need to be at least 4 MP with a new maximum MB size. We are currently working to determine the optimal limit, but it will be greater than 50MB. Our goal is to ensure contributors can continue uploading vectors of various complexity.
  • On April 17th 2019, a JPG will automatically be created for your vectors when you upload.

Wow, I think Shutterstock don't even understand our problems. Who in the right mind want to increase their file size so much with absolutely no benefit? Imagine each EPS file will be 500MB, then a 1Terabytes HD can only accommodate 2000 vector. Many contributors have over 5000 artworks, and that would mean they need something like 2-3 Terabytes HD space just because Shutterstock cannot generate a nice preview JPEG?

Apart from that, all my workflow will be screwed up. My base artworks elements have a certain size and will be reusing most of it. By asking me to increase the size will only screw up all the "line width", especially on icon design. I have said this twice, but I will say it again. Not only complex illustrator will suffer, simple icon designers will suffer too. Buyers will also suffer by downloading super big file size and will literally be surprised to get new artworks that doesn't have the similar sizes of the old artworks. And lastly, Shutterstock server will be bloated up too.

Please don't be so stubborn. This requirement will only make uploading and designing harder than ever. Your goal is to make uploading easier but why are you making it more difficult for us?

I got to say I won't be uploading for the time being to Shutterstock as this will require extra work for me just to save an EXTRA EPS that needs me to calculate the size of my artwork and wasting my harddisk space.

If you insist on having a 4MP vector, why don't ask your programmers guy to internally increase our small vector to 4MP?

Who is the manager or director insist making this decision? Ask him/her to the forum to talk to us! Don't hide!! He/her seems doesn't understand the business, should not be qualified for this position.

We didn't ask for postponing the date, but the size of vector file and we want to make the preview JPG ourselves, that is so simple.

We, contributors, not only upload to SS to sell our vector designs, also other agent like Adobe (which is the easiest one to upload our vector for me), if SS has to make this change, we have to make one extra version special for SS, that is load of works.

SS said " We thank you for being an integral part of our creative community, and for sharing your feedback with us. We are pleased to represent your creative work on our platform, and we thank you for your continued support! "

SS didn't listening to us, how can we support you in the future?

This SS Airlines CEO comes to the team of his engineers and mechanics and says: "From now on, I want all our airplanes to have a cabin the size of a football field, and be as lightweight as a feather." Engineers and mechanics spend hours trying to explain that it's impossible, that it can't be lightweight if it's so huge, and because of the laws of aerodynamics and physics, this airplane simply won't fly. This CEO scratches the back of his head and says: "OK then, I have heard you all and I agree with you, you guys are right. From now on, all our airplanes must have a cabin the size of a football field, and be as heavy as needed for that." Engineers and mechanics pack their aerodynamics and physics books and head to the exit to find a better job.

Just now, samoyloff said:

This SS Airlines CEO comes to the team of his engineers and mechanics and says: "From now on, I want all our airplanes to have a cabin the size of a football field, and be as lightweight as a feather." Engineers and mechanics spend hours trying to explain that it's impossible, that it can't be lightweight if it's so huge, and because of the laws of aerodynamics and physics, this airplane simply won't fly. This CEO scratches the back of his head and says: "OK then, I have heard you all and I agree with you, you guys are right. From now on, all our airplanes must have a cabin the size of a football field, and be as heavy as needed for that." Engineers and mechanics pack their aerodynamics and physics books and head to the exit to find a better job.

Who cares who made this decision? We were shown that we are just rubbish for the SS. They wanted to spit on our opinion.