Anna Shutterstock

Shutterstock Has Made Uploading Vectors Easier Than Ever

Спасибо Анна. Было бы здорово, если бы вы заранее выкладывали сюда на обсуждение готовящиеся изменения. Чтобы они не падали как снег на голову авторам. 

11 hours ago, Anna Shutterstock said:

Hi everyone,

Thanks again for all your feedback, which we are closely reviewing! In light of the information that has been shared here, we are postponing the implementation of the 4MP requirement as we continue to look into ways to accommodate the needs of all artists and their artwork. We should have another update tomorrow.

I hope you include contributors opinion(if possible) when making changes and updating the terms and condition. I beleive that taking decisions in a better handeling and use of SS tools and facilities is about taking contributors ideas into consideration.

Ohhh so this is the reason why my vectors are not generating jpgs. Its because they postponed it. Looks like I should be waiting for their final decision about the uploading before I upload and create vectors because for now, I am confused about what size I should be making. 

11 hours ago, Anna Shutterstock said:

Hi everyone,

Thanks again for all your feedback, which we are closely reviewing! In light of the information that has been shared here, we are postponing the implementation of the 4MP requirement as we continue to look into ways to accommodate the needs of all artists and their artwork. We should have another update tomorrow.

Thank you so much for that. Shutterstock has the best vector content of any agency. The customers appreciate this because your quality control is also top. And you also have a working upload system. Please don't destroy it. 

As a result of yesterday's announcement, 70-90% of the complex vectors at Shutterstock can no longer be uploaded. In addition, the customers had massive problems with the large files. Programmers are very smart people, but they have no knowledge of vectors. All image agencies with the automated vector upload, have problems with it. Why should one destroy the functioning system and annoy customers with it? If you really want to help us with contributors, increase the vector file size of the existing system to 30MB.  

12 hours ago, Anna Shutterstock said:

Hi everyone,

Thank you!

3 hours ago, Maxal Tamor said:

"We should have another update tomorrow."
It's the scariest thing I've read on this thread ...……

Yep, doesn't sound like victory.

15 hours ago, Anna Shutterstock said:

Hi everyone,

👏👏👏

Спасибо, что отложили изменения, что услышали, надеемся что вы придумаете более удачный метод или оставите как есть. Я рисую, например, многие работы гранжевыми кистями, на выходе много точек, работа бы весила очень много и не влезла в 50 мб

This is a huge step back for me. I think the only thing that will happen is that really good contributors who create beautiful and detailed vector art won't be motivated to contribute anymore, because to save the vectors in that resolution is just impossible. 

I'm really disappointed to hear this.

Thanks for postponing! I hope that is equal to canceling of 4 MP requirement. I tried to work with that size for 2 days, and it was too slow, too inconvenient, with resulting files over 100 Mb...

Hello everyone,

Based on the feedback we have received from contributors, we are making changes to the requirements to accept an even larger variety of content.

In order to test these new changes we are pushing back the release of our new uploading process to next week.

The revised timeline is:

• On April 15th 2019, all EPS files will need to be at least 4 MP with a new maximum MB size. We are currently working to determine the optimal limit, but it will be greater than 50MB. Our goal is to ensure contributors can continue uploading vectors of various complexity.
  • On April 17th 2019, a JPG will automatically be created for your vectors when you upload.

We thank you for being an integral part of our creative community, and for sharing your feedback with us. We are pleased to represent your creative work on our platform, and we thank you for your continued support!

That doesn't really sound like a compromise or even an improvement. It pretty much just sounds like the same bad plan as it was before.

8 minutes ago, Anna Shutterstock said:

Hello everyone,

Based on the feedback we have received from contributors, we are making changes to the requirements to accept an even larger variety of content.

In order to test these new changes we are pushing back the release of our new uploading process to next week.

The revised timeline is:

• On April 15th 2019, all EPS files will need to be at least 4 MP with a new maximum MB size. We are currently working to determine the optimal limit, but it will be greater than 50MB. Our goal is to ensure contributors can continue uploading vectors of various complexity.
  • On April 17th 2019, a JPG will automatically be created for your vectors when you upload.

We thank you for being an integral part of our creative community, and for sharing your feedback with us. We are pleased to represent your creative work on our platform, and we thank you for your continued support!

This is extremely sad decision. Bigger limit won't help, since there are files from 100 Mb to 1,5 Gb with a size of 4Mpx. Too bad you haven't  listen to so many people... I'm deeply disappointed and frustrated.

36 minutes ago, Anna Shutterstock said:

Hello everyone,

The revised timeline is:

I can not understand you hold us for idiots ??? This is the same shit that you tried to shove before, but in a new package !!! You don't care about the authors !!! You don't want to reckon with their opinion! It's a shame!

1) We don't want giant EPS files!!!

2) We don't want automatic generation of JPG!!!!

3) We want metadata in JPG!!!!

4) In the end, WE DON'T WANT ANY CHANGES !!!

Direct your efforts to fix numerous bugs!

May be, will be a good decision of problem to give us to  choose how we like to submit?  Those authors who know that automatic preview generation will be ok for there files may submit only eps files. The other which files are too big or which files are very complex and because of it there automatic previews can't be made good, may  continue  to submit both: eps+jpg

5 minutes ago, JSparrow said:

Я не могу понять, вы держите нас за идиотов ??? Это то же самое дерьмо, которое вы пытались засунуть раньше, но в новой упаковке !!! Вы не заботитесь об авторах !!! Вы не хотите считаться с их мнением! Это позор!

1) Мы не хотим гигантских файлов EPS !!!

2) Мы не хотим автоматической генерации JPG !!!!

3) Мы хотим метаданные в JPG !!!!

4) В конце концов, мы не хотим никаких изменений !!!

Направьте свои усилия на исправление многочисленных ошибок!

+100500

I think after this beautiful update Shutterstock should offer a free multi-terabyte hard drives to all his top contributors. And also fiber optic hi-speed internet connection to them and to all customers.

Anna, I have only one question: have you asked your customers - are they able and ready to download such a huge files?

Одно радует - даже бойкот объявлять не надо: все равно большинство нормально работы грузить не сможет после этого обновления.
Может быть хотя бы тогда они одумаются.

6 minutes ago, Pure Sight lab said:

You literally thanked them for postponing and they literally did what you were thanking them - postponed the changes applying.

Yeah, man. It's us who are evil.