Anna Shutterstock

Shutterstock Has Made Uploading Vectors Easier Than Ever

8 minutes ago, Anna Shutterstock said:

Thanks again for all your feedback, which we are closely reviewing! In light of the information that has been shared here, we are postponing the implementation of the 4MP requirement as we continue to look into ways to accommodate the needs of all artists and their artwork. We should have another update tomorrow.

Anna, Thank you!!!! That's so great to be heard :))) You've made my day, and, I suppose, hundreds of other artists!

12 minutes ago, Anna Shutterstock said:

Hi everyone,

Thanks again for all your feedback, which we are closely reviewing! In light of the information that has been shared here, we are postponing the implementation of the 4MP requirement as we continue to look into ways to accommodate the needs of all artists and their artwork. We should have another update tomorrow. 

Is seems like we've been heard. Thank you for you understanding and a will to find a solution that satisfies everyone

7 minutes ago, CodexSerafinius said:

Все помнят анекдот "купи козу - продай козу"? Сами создали проблему на ровном месте - сами её отменили. Нехитрый способ осчастливить всех на ровном месте.

Как сделать человеку хорошо? Сначала сделать плохо - а потом как было

Looks like shutterstock invited for a job its competitor or shutter's "ideas creators" have no idea what is EPS is. I am very suprised that shutter doesn't know that  when vector's dimension is increased having led to HUGE size of file. Esspecialy it conserns complex vector. For example my EPS 120-120px - 12mb, 2000-2000 px - 112mb.

And it is after simplifying is done. 112 mb!!! vesrsus 12 mb

Making this desicion shutter tells you - no more quality content at all. Flat and simple icons is our all. Badabam.

And most funny that this decision is very tough. I mean u have no chance to upload complex vector or quality work...4mp is unreal for vector's size.

And this decision itself is just nonsense. Buyers always can increase dimension as they want it to be.

Doing such thing shutter risks to loose many good content because authors have no way except for leaving this stock. I dont think authors want to create simple vector which is imposible to sell already.

Adobe and other stocks are looking forward to this shutterstock decision. Lol

23 minutes ago, Anna Shutterstock said:

Hi everyone,

It's a good news!. However, the phrase: "We should have another update tomorrow" is still a matter of concern...

18 minutes ago, Anna Shutterstock said:

We should have another update tomorrow.

Cancellation is normal.
But early to be happy.
:—0

8 minutes ago, Oleksii Arseniuk said:

Как сделать человеку хорошо? Сначала сделать плохо - а потом как было

Да ладно. Просто радуйтесь тому, что достигнуто.

30 minutes ago, Anna Shutterstock said:

Hi everyone,

Thank you, Anna! I am sure it is largely your merit that we were heard. Except 15 pages of critics, of course.

Is it a real clip-art if alone eps of it is more than 20-30 Mp? No. It's not professional vector. Or it's clip-art collection with no limit of its weights, could be 2Gb, 5 Gb etc.

So be honest and say you are selling collection as an one image and that's why you are against of good idea with no preview uploads or megabytes limits.

41 minutes ago, Anna Shutterstock said:

Hi everyone,

That's fine. There are some smart people in feedback.

58 minutes ago, Anna Shutterstock said:

Hi everyone,

This is good news, but I am very worried about what will happen tomorrow.

Great news, it seems our loud knock on the door has consequences.

Dear Shutterstock, thanks!
But, Please just return the old rules, they are comfortable.
Vector artists are able to pack a lot of complex techniques in a small vector by weight. And to us, it is not difficult to create a high-quality JPG of the smaller EPS, the truth! Already created scripts that automate vector checking and generate excellent JPG. Created services that automate the download process. This work is already done! I'll be glad if Shutterstock doesn't put vector artists under stress anymore. 

And I wish professionals Shutterstock more competence. It would be nice to know better the specifics of the product, and especially its production.  
And please consult us next time. We have the knowledge and experience of creating vector images of different complexity, in different techniques. We know exactly how it works!  We are interested in quality and success no less than a team of full-time employees because we are directly dependent on each other. Just ask and get a competent opinion - for free.

47 minutes ago, Pure Sight lab said:

Am I alone concerned about dictionary meaning of the word 'postpone'? It will happen anyway, just a little later...

Nobody is against innovation as such, but then, when they do not disrupt the workflow, if innovation is thought out and coolly implemented, then that's great.
As long as about a third of the planet pays for Internet traffic and has problems with the speed of the Internet, the size of the vector is one of its main commercial components.

Thank you Anna, thank you GarryKillian, thanks to everyone who supported the petition.

5 часов назад Анна Шуттерсток сказала:

Всем привет,

Мы внимательно изучаем! В соответствии с требованиями 4MP, мы продолжаем искать способы удовлетворения потребностей всех художников и их произведений искусства. Завтра у нас будет другое обновление.

Thank you very much! My mood is now much better! Now I can calmly upload my vectors

6 hours ago, Anna Shutterstock said:

Hi everyone,

1477104625110531972.jpg

9 hours ago, Anna Shutterstock said:

Hi everyone,

Thanks a lot!

Спасибо Анна. Было бы здорово, если бы вы заранее выкладывали сюда на обсуждение готовящиеся изменения. Чтобы они не падали как снег на голову авторам.