Shutterstock Has Made Uploading Vectors Easier Than Ever

On 4/5/2019 at 7:28 PM, Anna Shutterstock said:

1: Why make this change? 

For years, vector contributors have been asking us to allow uploading of an EPS file on its own with no JPEG preview. 

And still not A SINGLE vector contributor said A SINGLE word of approval for this  " great " " idea " of yours here on this forum.

Where are those " For years, vector contributors have been asking us to allow uploading of an EPS file on its own with no JPEG preview "  ?

• Replies 690
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here's a great vector from Ecco. https://www.shutterstock.com/image-vector/big-collection-spring-summer-colorful-flowers-1301017918?src=pdxYEDqm-1P8UpFlOpwRWA-1-7 Here's the illustration ins

Posted Images

Shutterstoсk, you like numbers. Here is some more for you. I prepared 65 vectors that I planned to upload next week. So, in a pair of JPEG + EPS without any changes togethe the size was 547 MB. After changing the size only EPS files will be 1.9 GB. In this case, 6 files of them will be rejected by you, and their size will be exactly 1 gigabyte. Then from 65 files you get only 59, that is 10% less, the size of which will be 0.9 GB. This is twice as much. I have a question. Do you really want this? Because it is nonsense!!!

Screenshot_37.png

if shutterstock would not reconsider their decision, tomorrow is gonna be a great day for Adobe. i can only imagine how excited they would be, that just by DOING NOTHING they become a NUMBER ONE stock and got exclusive images, that won't be sold on shutterstock. and i think that the clients would quit SS - who wants to buy simple icons and primitive illustrations? when it's an era of innovations and diversity? is it really 2019 year or am i sleeping?

Very strange innovation.

I don't create complex vectors, but I create simple high-quality icons based on a certain pixel grid. For example, 64x64 px. A lot of clients need icons to be small. Why you make us resize icons to 2000 px? The result will look strange and ugly for the client. With this innovation, you harm both contributors and buyers. I really wonder what your analytics were thinking.

SS, stop this "innovations"!

I am totally against these innovations.
1. Unreasonable large increase in files
We work with the vector! Why make a huge canvas? The buyer himself will be able to increase it in 1 second.
2. The complexity of attribution
We bind the keys to the raster. To the vector can not bind them
3. Loss of color and pixelation
Unavoidable color correction issues.
4. Slowing down the speed of work
To manipulate such large files and volumes is extremely difficult. It will slow down

According new rules instruction for decreasing of size EPS  without lost of the quality.
Create presets with the smalest PPI, decrease Vector Balance and Mesh Resolution. It's ready. You can find more on the link Patreon.
The administration of Shutterstock  this is only "Kludge" and I continue to insist that you force us to think about some solutions which make life difficult for everyone. https://www.patreon.com/posts/according-new-of-25954888

16 minutes ago, Vectorpocket said:

According new rules instruction for decreasing of size EPS  without lost of the quality.
Create presets with the smalest PPI, decrease Vector Balance and Mesh Resolution. It's ready. You can find more on the link Patreon.
The administration of Shutterstock  this is only "Kludge" and I continue to insist that you force us to think about some solutions which make life difficult for everyone. https://www.patreon.com/posts/according-new-of-25954888

Maybe you should stop trying making money selling your Patreon posts here? We are discussing serious matter and you just trying to leech a few bucks.

13 minutes ago, samoyloff said:

Может быть, вам следует прекратить пытаться зарабатывать деньги, продавая свои посты в Патреоне? Мы обсуждаем серьезные вопросы, а вы просто пытаетесь выпить несколько долларов.

This article is open to all comers. This is not earnings.

52 minutes ago, Vectorpocket said:

It is not 100% working solution. Also, it does nothing with metadata transfer problem. So, we must stop the changes first.

4 minutes ago, Swill Klitch said:

Это не 100% рабочий раствор. Кроме того, это никак не связано с проблемой передачи метаданных. Итак, мы должны остановить изменения в первую очередь.

quite right. I wrote about it. This is just a crutch.

Dear Shutterstock Company. Even my some flat doodles don't fit into the maximum file size you need. And those that fit, does it make sense to ship? however, they are very huge, will they buy them? Probably not. Because there is a better alternative to purchase similar to other drains in a more convenient format for the designer. Very, very sorry. During the year of working with you, I managed to get attached to you and my sales have already started to grow. Now I'm at a loss... Too bad...