James R Poston

What percentage of your Portfolio has sold at least once?

On 1/24/2019 at 4:00 PM, Peter_ml said:

I am new here, for 2 mounts i upload 900, sold 17 (total 29 downloads) ... so 2%. Not good.

2 months is nothing! I probably didn't sell a single shot till the 3rd month. It will go up for you after 4-5 months I am sure 

8% and I'm not concerned. Nearly all my photos here are from 10/11 years ago and taken with a 2 mp camera. This was years before I was aware or knowledgeable about photography. My port is 11 months old. I've continued taking pictures - I never stopped. Now I have about 140000 photos over the past 9 years that I've yet to process and look at. Now that I am a competent photographer, it may take years before I get to my current photos. Yes I feel overwhelmed but I can't stop improving my skill or capturing beauty.

On 1/24/2019 at 5:29 PM, CarmonaGuerrero said:

thanks, as I do not have an exact reference of how much can be sold especially in the first months and because of the small portfolio that I have, I can not say if there are really few sales, a photo sold at $ 14 saves me. Anyway I'm still looking for the perfect picture although my free time for this is little

I am surprised too. Your portfolio deserves several time the traffic and sales you reported above. Have you though of uploading to other sites? AS comes to mind where the pay/pic is significantly better. Perhaps your images suit that site better too? Just a quick thought. But I understand that you don't have much time! Better luck to you in the future. 

75%. But I've been here 12 years and back in the day you could sell anything.

These days I find new images hardly sell. Even before Covid and this new 0.10c per sale thing. Too many people spamming the database with very little quality control by the reviewers