Raimonds Kalva LV

SHOW your latest Black and White image

2 minutes ago, Perry Correll said:

Perfect. Very few Know how and which Image to make B&W. A good B&W should have everything from Pure Blk to Pure white and all the shades of grey.

On 1/7/2019 at 2:03 AM, Laurin Rinder said:

Perfect. Very few Know how and which Image to make B&W. A good B&W should have everything from Pure Blk to Pure white and all the shades of grey.

I agree. it's not easy to know (feel) nor obvious what color photo can be converted (if not shot in mono to begin with, which is even harder!) to black and white. unless you were shooting on monochrome film in the old days! which probably few of us here did. But I thought that here on shutterstock black and white would have no chance in these "color days". I am surprised to see that you Laurin have that many B&W in your portfolio. so apparently I was wrong with my assumption. why else would you have theme posted, if they didn't sell?! someone told me that Getty is more "accommodating" toward them. But I will try them here too after your post. you never know.  

https://www.shutterstock.com/image-photo/fishing-boats-parked-along-road-side-1213581847

1-Boats-P1070554-MONO-2000.jpg

My all time 14 YR SALES history in MS is dominate B&W and Long Before Microstock. To me theres More "Color" in well done B&W. very few colors convert.. theres a bit More to it than hitting a button. Of course I started with B&W 61 YR's ago.

B&W also forces you to Look at the story Much closer.

1 hour ago, Laurin Rinder said:

My all time 14 YR SALES history in MS is dominate B&W and Long Before Microstock. To me theres More "Color" in well done B&W. very few colors convert.. theres a bit More to it than hitting a button. Of course I started with B&W 61 YR's ago.

B&W also forces you to Look at the story Much closer.

your black and whites are clearly impressive! no doubt. congratulations! and surely there is audience for it, I just didn't realize that they have a place in Microstock too. tx. for the idea!