Best editing software photography, Lightroom or Photoshop

There are a few key differences between Lightroom and Photoshop, but it really depends on your intent. 

Lightroom is built for image organization, basic raw editing, and speed: being able to process multiple images quickly. For most photographers, Lightroom is where you’ll do 90% of your editing. 

However, you’ll come across a special photograph that you want to spend extra time on refining, and/or it needs some specialized techniques (like focus stacking or time blending) that is outside of Lightroom’s capabilities. 

This article explains the key differences between creating photographs Lightroom and Photoshop in great detail….I think you’ll find it very helpful: https://creativeraw.com/landscape-photography-lightroom-photoshop-together/

I recommend to do as much as you can in Lightroom for now….and as your skills develop, you’ll start hitting walls where you want to push your image further, but can not. That’s when you switch over to Photoshop. 

Also note that the main goal is to use both Lightroom and Photoshop together as part of your workflow….it’s not an either/or question. 

• 1 month later...

I know some best free photo editing software that money can’t buy. While Adobe’s popular program may be the favourite of a lot of people out there, there’s obviously more than one option in this regard. If it’s just the price you have to pay for the said tool that’s bothering you, then you couldn’t have come to a more perfect place. Take a look at our list of best options and tell us if we’re right or right.

1. Paint.net

2. Photoscape

3. Photo Pos Pro

As a commercial photographer, my workflow starts in Photo Mechanic, which is a very simple and fast piece of software designed for photojournalists, to make an initial selection of of phots which I then export to another folder, then I import that folder into Lightroom.  In Lightroom, I have it set to automatically apply Adobe Portrait picture profile, and slide the highlights back about 30% and the shadows forward about 30%  90% of the time, that's all the basic processing the photos need.  Once I have the photo basically there in LR, I export it to Photoshop for final bit of processing.  LR gets you most of the way there, but PS is far more powerful processing app.  Once I have the images processed, it's back into Photo Mechanic for captions and keywords.  PM has the best keyboarding engine I know of, and once you have it customized, it only takes a minute or two to lay in 20 or 30 keywords.