SHUTTER STOCK HAS BEEN HACKED!

This email parsomerta@yahoo.com is not associated with either myself or my account in any shape or form and received my November payout!

This money is mine. I earned these fees by selling my stock through Shutterstock which has now been illegally paid to this email parsomerta@yahoo.com, why did this happen? Do they not have secure servers at Shutterstock? I am letting the Shutterstock community know that I was robbed of monies and I/they has been hacked? How many others has this happened too? and to experience a stupid answer back from support saying contact Paypal and ask them for monies gone into a different account that was supposed to be paid is not an appropriate answer.

CHECK YOU PAYPAL PAYMENT EMAIL ADDRESS TO ENSURE THIS HAS NOT HAPPENED TO YOU AS WELL!!
17 hours ago, lisasaadphotography said:
This email parsomerta@yahoo.com is not associated with either myself or my account in any shape or form and received my November payout!

This money is mine. I earned these fees by selling my stock through Shutterstock which has now been illegally paid to this email parsomerta@yahoo.com, why did this happen? Do they not have secure servers at Shutterstock? I am letting the Shutterstock community know that I was robbed of monies and I/they has been hacked? How many others has this happened too? and to experience a stupid answer back from support saying contact Paypal and ask them for monies gone into a different account that was supposed to be paid is not an appropriate answer.

CHECK YOU PAYPAL PAYMENT EMAIL ADDRESS TO ENSURE THIS HAS NOT HAPPENED TO YOU AS WELL!!

they also went and changed your titles to wrong stuff..  this is bad

prawn platter to share

"prawn platter to share"

Hi @lisasaadphotography,

Thanks for reporting this issue and I am sorry this has happened to you.

This is not a pleasant experience, however we do resolve such issues with affected contributors. In this particular case our Support Team has already reached out to Lisa regarding her payment. So it is important that you report any suspicious activity to Contributor Support so we can investigate further and take the necessary actions.

That being said, we have checked all the reports and Shutterstock has not been hacked.

We shared this information couple of weeks ago and I am sure most of you already know this, but users who share the same username / password combinations with multiple services or websites, put themselves at risk for this sort of “account takeover” situation. Your account is secure as long as your credentials are unique and secure.

As a precaution, we recommend you change your password to one that is secure and unique, and we also suggest using a different password for every online account you have.

All the best,

Alex

On 12/12/2018 at 11:54 PM, Alex Shutterstock said:

Hi @lisasaadphotography,

Thanks for reporting this issue and I am sorry this has happened to you.

This is not a pleasant experience, however we do resolve such issues with affected contributors. In this particular case our Support Team has already reached out to Lisa regarding her payment. So it is important that you report any suspicious activity to Contributor Support so we can investigate further and take the necessary actions.

That being said, we have checked all the reports and Shutterstock has not been hacked.

We shared this information couple of weeks ago and I am sure most of you already know this, but users who share the same username / password combinations with multiple services or websites, put themselves at risk for this sort of “account takeover” situation. Your account is secure as long as your credentials are unique and secure.

As a precaution, we recommend you change your password to one that is secure and unique, and we also suggest using a different password for every online account you have.

All the best,

Alex

Yes, i have learned a lot from this (as i experience it also ) - different unique password for different websites is the only best thing. If 2 steps verifications are available, it would be great! Btw, thank you for your hard work to solve the problem :)

• 9 months later...

I had this happen too, I have a very strong password that I change often( I don’t even know what my password is) and my account was not hacked.

shutterstock has been hacked, I know this because if I logged in and changed my email address I would immediately receive an email from stutterstock. I did not.

this was a direct change to shutterstocks database and not through my user account.