Agor2012

Video PNG + Alpha Channel - when uploading I get an error "We do not currently support the codec..."

Hello!
For about 3 years, I uploaded video on the Shutterstock with the following parameters:

File Format  - QuickTime .mov
Frame Rates - 30
Resolution - 1920х1080
Channels - RGB+Alpha channel
Codec - PNG

Until October 2018 there were no problems with these videos.
For almost 2 months now, when trying to upload such videos to Shutterstock, they do not appear in pending, but an error message appears:
"We do not currently support the codec of your video. Please re-export to one of our accepted codecs. Learn more about our technical requirements."

I did not change anything in the render settings of my videos. And on all other microstock this files are uploaded without any problems.
I tried to upload those videos that are ALREADY in my portfolio, but nothing changes.  Video does not appear in pending, and I see the same error.

I have contacted Shutterstock technical support 3 times already. 
I am constantly asked to read the technical requirements that I know and do everything in accordance with them. When I send details with screenshots about how I make videos, they tell me
"I would like to inform you that your case has been escalated to the concerned department on priority basis and I will get back to you as soon as I get the update and assist you further."
And this is all - further silence and ignore.

I sent an example of such a video to tech support so that they could tell what technical requirement was not met.
But there is no answer and probably will not be.

Why am I sure that the problem is on the side of Shutterstock:
1 - I uploaded these videos for about 3 years - no problem. I haven't changed anything in settings since then.
2 - Even previously approved similar videos are not uploaded - the same error.
3 - There are no problems with all the other leading microstocks (Pond5, Adobe, Videohive, 123rf).

I just want to ask if anyone has encountered this problem?

If so, maybe you solved it somehow?
Thanks

That's what they told me now:
"I would like to inform you that the files which you have uploaded, needed to be converted before it was uploaded (which QuickTime does automatically for the user). Clip needed to save that converted file and then re-upload them. For further information, I would request you to please refer this article: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202884. I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you."

Can anyone explain what this means? What to do if I use Windows and I do not have Quicktime 10 just Quicktime 7?

Converting it with quicktime 7 on windows doesn't help. Also tried rendering the video with a matte but then the automatic thumbnail is created from the frame with the matte and it doesn't look good.

*update*

I've exported the video as prores 4444 with alpha and it seems to work.

On 11/28/2018 at 9:51 AM, Remedia said:

Converting it with quicktime 7 on windows doesn't help. Also tried rendering the video with a matte but then the automatic thumbnail is created from the frame with the matte and it doesn't look good.

*update*

I've exported the video as prores 4444 with alpha and it seems to work.

how to do it on windows?

I have the same problem. Shuterstock doesn't want to solve this problem. They don't answer our questions about it here. It's sad.

2018-12-04_10-21-22.png

2018-12-04_10-28-27.png

On 11/19/2018 at 10:49 AM, Agor2012 said:

Hello!
For about 3 years, I uploaded video on the Shutterstock with the following parameters:

File Format  - QuickTime .mov
Frame Rates - 30
Resolution - 1920х1080
Channels - RGB+Alpha channel
Codec - PNG

Until October 2018 there were no problems with these videos.
For almost 2 months now, when trying to upload such videos to Shutterstock, they do not appear in pending, but an error message appears:
"We do not currently support the codec of your video. Please re-export to one of our accepted codecs. Learn more about our technical requirements."

I did not change anything in the render settings of my videos. And on all other microstock this files are uploaded without any problems.
I tried to upload those videos that are ALREADY in my portfolio, but nothing changes.  Video does not appear in pending, and I see the same error.

I have contacted Shutterstock technical support 3 times already. 
I am constantly asked to read the technical requirements that I know and do everything in accordance with them. When I send details with screenshots about how I make videos, they tell me
"I would like to inform you that your case has been escalated to the concerned department on priority basis and I will get back to you as soon as I get the update and assist you further."
And this is all - further silence and ignore.

I sent an example of such a video to tech support so that they could tell what technical requirement was not met.
But there is no answer and probably will not be.

Why am I sure that the problem is on the side of Shutterstock:
1 - I uploaded these videos for about 3 years - no problem. I haven't changed anything in settings since then.
2 - Even previously approved similar videos are not uploaded - the same error.
3 - There are no problems with all the other leading microstocks (Pond5, Adobe, Videohive, 123rf).

I just want to ask if anyone has encountered this problem?

If so, maybe you solved it somehow?
Thanks

Tell me how to find a solution to this problem.