Now I know I'm not the sharpest tool in the box, but I even though I'm new, I still try to abide by the rules. 

Submitted this as an editorial, with the description "Southwold, Norfolk. England - November 4, 2018:  The Victorian lighthouse, white painted with it's beacon, pictured against an Autumn sky". Put it in two categories Buildings/landmarks and Objects. 

Sat back and waited for it to be added to the port.

All I got was this rejection " Press Credentials: This image was taken at an event requiring press credentials. Please send your press credentials to credentials@shutterstock.com prior to submitting this content"

Now, the lighthouse opened in the town in 1890, and the lamp has a range of 44km. Not sure that the white light flashing every 10 seconds constitutes an event, but someone obviously does!

1-P1200695_2.jpg

Well the arrow on the lighthouse is pointing at something...must have been the event that required the credentials.

Sorry, couldn't help myself

I just got a lame rejection myself and wrote a note to the team

"Our review team is a global network of professionals with significant experience in the creative sector. But besides being artists themselves, our reviewers are also thoroughly trained on Shutterstock technical and metadata standards as well as compliance policies."

Stephen, I did Cuba Last year, Came home with what I considered good work of the Dark side Which I prefer to shoot. I tried 4 times as editorial. I listed to alex twice and still no go. then I listened to 2 Other "Expert" editorial folks and no go. I gave up and gave to a site that knows whats up. and sold Instantly. No More ED for me and SS.

Your flabber was gasted???  Well my flibber was tigibitted once, and it took a team of doctors 14 hours to fix it!  Cost a small fortune, too!  

;)

(But all is good with the world now!  Michigan beat Indiana and is off to crush Ohio State!)

19 hours ago, Little Adventures said:

Haha, your comment made me giggle ?

Obviously there was a mistake just resubmit and wait again. I am sure, it will get through or at least get another rejection. 

But you can also try to submit it as commercial. Just be sure to mention it is old and from 1890, if that is the case. You will widen your buyer audience with it. 

Good luck! 

Pleased that I made you smile. I never take myself too seriously, and when I do post.. it’s generally with my tongue firmly in my cheek! 

Interesting port by the way. Steve.

19 hours ago, Lawrence Glass said:

Well the arrow on the lighthouse is pointing at something...must have been the event that required the credentials.

Sorry, couldn't help myself

I just got a lame rejection myself and wrote a note to the team

"Our review team is a global network of professionals with significant experience in the creative sector. But besides being artists themselves, our reviewers are also thoroughly trained on Shutterstock technical and metadata standards as well as compliance policies."

Thanks for commenting, I prefer levity. My aim for 2019 is to achieve every variation of rejection within SS for Photography. Once I’ve achieved this... I may move on ... to vectors. Steve.

13 hours ago, Phil Lowe said:

Your flabber was gasted???  Well my flibber was tigibitted once, and it took a team of doctors 14 hours to fix it!  Cost a small fortune, too!  

;)

(But all is good with the world now!  Michigan beat Indiana and is off to crush Ohio State!)

Yeah, I think I had that once... but a course of penicillin sorted it! 

Good luck in the football, as a Brit, it looks like you’ll have to overturn a winning streak. Steve 

11 hours ago, Richard Whitcombe said:

Adobes AI informed me "potentially missing model release" the other day.....A photograph of a wild Orangutan in the rainforest.

The hive mind is taking over.

I’m sure that when the Orangutan calmed down... it would have signed the release! Steve ?

16 hours ago, Laurin Rinder said:

Stephen, I did Cuba Last year, Came home with what I considered good work of the Dark side Which I prefer to shoot. I tried 4 times as editorial. I listed to alex twice and still no go. then I listened to 2 Other "Expert" editorial folks and no go. I gave up and gave to a site that knows whats up. and sold Instantly. No More ED for me and SS.

Lauren, Thanks for taking the time to comment. I’m old enough to know that s**t happens... this one made me smile though. Steve.