folksterno

We do not currently support the codec of your video.

My Codec is png .My file is alpha +RGB.
format file is QuickTime

Why not to upload VDO.

I try 2 option to upload 
FileZilla
Cyberduck
not work a both

I ask
Shutterstock Contributor Expert. He say wait technician answer so he contact back. I wait so long time no body contact comeback.

messageImage_1540273746856.jpg

10 hours ago, Mike Kuhlman said:

I dunno.  Re-render/export or re-import .png into your editing program then render or export as .mov or .mp4.

???, I dont understand.

PNG codec with alpha channel transparency is not recognized as a valid format by shutterstock, that's the problem....

I've just received an answer from shutterstock technical support:

But the question is..... I upload these PNG codec videos to pond5 and many other sites without a problem, why shutter does need such many steps?????, obviously I'm not going to upload them to them.

---------------------------------------

Thank you for contacting Shutterstock Contributor Care team.

I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you because of the error while uploading footage. I'll certainly help you on this.

Alpha channels are used to create videos that contain elements that are partially or completely transparent. These assets are often used when compositing a video together using multiple layers. An alpha channel is an additional layer of information that assigns a transparency value to each pixel in a video which allows portions of a video’s frame to be partially or entirely transparent. 

Incorporating Alpha Channels Into Your Shutterstock Portfolio.

Some codecs support alpha channels, and others don't. However, if you're creating videos with alpha channels, there's an easy way to get your content on site in a form that customers can use, regardless of filetype. To do this, you’ll have to create a matte for your video. Specifically, a luma matte using After Effects.

This process assumes you have a completed composition that features transparent elements.

First, you need to create a standard version of your video. 
With your composition selected, select File > Export > Add to Render Queue. 

1. In the render queue, you will see the Output Module selected is ‘lossless’. Click this to open up the Output Module Settings menu. 
  2. Make sure the format selected is Quicktime. Under Video Output, click on the ‘Format Options’ button. Here, change the codec from the default (usually Animation) to a supported Shutterstock codec of your choosing, I’d recommend Prores 422. Make sure your quality is set to 100, and hit OK.
  3. In the Video Output section, the Channels drop-down should be set as RGB. If it isn’t, select RGB. 
  4. Set your destination folder, and export.

Second, you need to create the luma matte. To do this, follow steps 1 through 4 again. Once you’re back at the Output Module Settings menu with the correct codec, open the Channels drop-down and select Alpha. Set your destination folder and export.

Now you should have two version of your video. One version will look just the way the video did inside After Effects. The second version will look like a black and white cutout of your video; everything solid will be white, and everything transparent black. This is your luma matte.

Finally, drop the two files into any Editing software you’d like and drop the files in the timeline so the standard version first, the luma version second. Export the project as one video.

------------------------------------------------

Same problem here. Video files with png codec or animation codec are not accepted now . But these codecs are in the list of supported codecs. i too have uploaded transparent png videos in the past. So i did a test:

I uploaded an earlier accepted file with png codec under a new filename and run into the error "We do not currently support the codec of your video."

If the png codec is furthermore not accepted, then Shutterstock please correct your technical requirements.

But i think, there is an error in the process of checking when the file is uploaded. 

1 hour ago, Kaulfuss Media said:

Same problem here. Video files with png codec or animation codec are not accepted now . But these codecs are in the list of supported codecs. i too have uploaded transparent png videos in the past. So i did a test:

I uploaded an earlier accepted file with png codec under a new filename and run into the error "We do not currently support the codec of your video."

If the png codec is furthermore not accepted, then Shutterstock please correct your technical requirements.

But i think, there is an error in the process of checking when the file is uploaded. 

Did you sent an email to them?, I did it,  so maybe if many people ask them about it they check the process.....

21 hours ago, FCG said:

I've just received an answer from shutterstock technical support:

This is ridiculous!
Nobody in their right mind would do such amount of work when 1) earning potentials are unpredictable and 2) PNG codec works just fine on it's own (or at least it used to work before)

On 10/28/2018 at 3:28 PM, FCG said:

???, I dont understand.

PNG codec with alpha channel transparency is not recognized as a valid format by shutterstock, that's the problem....

Sorry, I'm not familiar with PNG codec.  Is the alpha channel white or some other color suitable for matting?  If so, it seems to me that alpha channel color would still be there if you exported the video as a Shutterstock-compatible codec like .MOV, but I'm not a Shutterstock-certified tech support rep, so wait for a reply from them.

Hello!
For about 3 years, I uploaded video on the Shutterstock with the following parameters:

File Format  - QuickTime .mov
Frame Rates - 30
Resolution - 1920х1080
Channels - RGB+Alpha channel
Codec - PNG

Until October 2018 there were no problems with these videos.
For almost 2 months now, when trying to upload such videos to Shutterstock, they do not appear in pending, but an error message appears:
"We do not currently support the codec of your video. Please re-export to one of our accepted codecs. Learn more about our technical requirements."

I did not change anything in the render settings of my videos. And on all other microstock this files are uploaded without any problems.
I tried to upload those videos that are ALREADY in my portfolio, but nothing changes.  Video does not appear in pending, and I see the same error.

I have contacted Shutterstock technical support 3 times already. 
I am constantly asked to read the technical requirements that I know and do everything in accordance with them. When I send details with screenshots about how I make videos, they tell me
"I would like to inform you that your case has been escalated to the concerned department on priority basis and I will get back to you as soon as I get the update and assist you further.

I sent an example of such a video to tech support so that they could tell what technical requirement was not met.

That's what they told me now:
"I would like to inform you that the files which you have uploaded, needed to be converted before it was uploaded (which QuickTime does automatically for the user). Clip needed to save that converted file and then re-upload them. For further information, I would request you to please refer this article: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202884. I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you."

Can anyone explain what this means? What to do if I use Windows and I do not have Quicktime 10 just Quicktime 7?