Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
1000 Words Photos

Automated keywording and keyword suggestions

Recommended Posts

Hello @Alex Shutterstock, fellow contributors,

I know we have automated keyword suggestions based on images. Dont you think it is a good addition if keyword suggestions are coming from the caption. For example if the keyword woman is in the tiles the keyword suggestion tool should suggest: "female" and "adult" and "human". If the title includes the word "house" the suggestion tool could suggest: "home", "architecture" etc.. This would be a great improvement in my opinion.

Next to this it would be also great if main words from the title are automatic put as keywords in the keyword field. If title would be "Woman sitting on sofa and watching television". The keywords "woman" "sitting" "sofa" "watching" and "television" could be created into the keyword field. Next to that the keyword suggestion tool would again suggest additional keywords for them.

Off course it would be even better if there would be an "on/off" switch for contributors that prefer to not use it.

All together it would be:

1. You add a title.

2. System creates keywords from the title and additionally suggestions for additional words based on title and image itself.

3. You only need to review and add eventual extra keywords.

DONE.

Thanks and i hope you will consider this. This are all small steps to help creating a faster work experience.

 

Mirco

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Authentic Creations said:

Off course it would be even better if there would be an "on/off" switch for contributors that prefer to not use it.

 

I would support this ONLY if there were on on/off switch. I deal with auto keywording whenever I upload to another site. 90% of the time the keywords aren't relevant and I have to take an extra step to make sure they aren't added and delete them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Holly Kuchera said:

I would support this ONLY if there were on on/off switch. I deal with auto keywording whenever I upload to another site. 90% of the time the keywords aren't relevant and I have to take an extra step to make sure they aren't added and delete them.

Hi Holly,

Off course i was not thinking about something that adds keywords directly. I mean they will be suggested as it is now. You only need to select the ones that you need. The difference is only that there will be also keywords suggested from the title text in addition to the image screening.

;).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Authentic Creations said:

Hi Holly,

Off course i was not thinking about something that adds keywords directly. I mean they will be suggested as it is now. You only need to select the ones that you need. The difference is only that there will be also keywords suggested from the title text in addition to the image screening.

;).

Sorry, I plead guilty to skimming your post. Yes, that would work as long as the system suggesting keywords isn't dumb and includes such words as (to use your example title "Woman sitting on sofa and watching television") - "on" and "and". Again, there's another microstock site that does that if you accidentally hit the wrong key during upload. In their case you have to be on the ball enough to notice the "on" and "and"s that were added and delete them. (Although I've noticed that keywords really don't seem to matter much on that site - nor titles. Quite often I've gotten notices of someone searching for one thing and downloading another. This is also the site that changes my titles without notifying me.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...