Sign in to follow this  
1000 Words Photos

Automated editorial caption creation --Suggestion--

Hello SS team, @Alex Shutterstock @Kate Shutterstock,

I notice that some contributors are struggling with creating the right caption format for editorial images. I think a great option would be:

After clicking on editorial in the submission page the format should be automatically created in the caption field. The system could read the capture date and apply it automatically in the caption format. Contributors would only need to fill the country and place in the beginning of the format. 

This would save lots of time and also reduce the risk of wrong formats for newer contributors.

I believe it should be realistic and i think it is a great function for editorial shooters.

Thanks.

Mirco 

What if it has fields when you type the city/state and country? Imagine 4 fields: Date, City/Region, Country and description. And SS automatically orders the fields to create the title.

3 minutes ago, sebaska75 said:

What if it has fields when you type the city/state and country? Imagine 4 fields: Date, City/Region, Country and description. And SS automatically orders the fields to create the title.

Also good solution. I think date is not nescessary since it is registered in the file. Should be automatic process.

On 10/4/2018 at 5:51 PM, Alex Shutterstock said:

Hi @Authentic Creations

Thanks for the suggestion. It sounds like an awesome idea. 

I am forwarding your suggestion to the team.

Thanks again Mirco!! 

Hello @Alex Shutterstock @Kate Shutterstock,

Do you know if this suggestion was taken into account?  Is there any status? I believe showing the "date taken" of the photo as a minimum is relativity crucial. For example for people that keyword on the go they must find the original photo on the laptop/phone to know what is the shooting date. It is an unnecessary move that can be avoided by at least simply put an additional field in the submission page that shows the capture date of the photo. 

Thank you :).

Mirco