I am really frustrated because I did not get any answear from Shutterstock support so far in the case below.

I also wrote a second time after several weeks using the given case number - no answear...

So... maybe I have more success when I ask my question here...

At July (!) 18th I wrote to support, because I found one of my pictures being used in a video - but this image has never been sold.

I got the following case number:

Case 06450109

This is what I wrote:

Contributor Id: 190379354
Image or Footage IDs:  783563317
My photo is published here, but it has never been sold so far - at least there is no note in my account about it

https://www.tvp.info/38088383/moze-chcial-byc-ksiedzem-a-moze-koscielnym-pobozny-zlodziej-okradl-kosciol-wideo

and also in a different video here:

is it possible that I may get any answear regarding this case @Alex Shutterstock?
I would be so thankful!!!

I have had a huge question into ALEX for 2 weeks and finally Just deleted it. I gotta move on. no time for me?. No time for them. Question....Is there someone else now to ask for help??Please tell us if to Busy  and what is this new name thing in red everyones using Is that a link thing.? I don't want 50 PMs a day.Pay me and I'll do it.

8 minutes ago, Laurin Rinder said:

and what is this new name thing in red everyones using Is that a link thing.? 

Yes it is. Its like tagging someone and that person receives a personal notification...the notification link will take them directly to the post in which they were tagged.

4 hours ago, Laurin Rinder said:

This place paul is going in another direction way to fast for me. what ya wanna bet a negative remark coming up and why I said that.

have to agree Laurin I don't speak much on the forum but read what appeals each day...and despite various ideas and comments do think something bigger than we might determine is in the offing. Just look at the state of social media, banking with all its inherant scams and frauds...companies being traded for high or low values depending on one's POV. The tussle between Twitter and FB to me in my humble opinion the inferstructure is growing expidentially and people have more pressure in the work place to achieve sometimes very unrealistic targets. The children's verse...'Humpty Dumpty fell off the wall...? comes to mind so is history about the rewrite itself as the Tower of Babel topples to begin civilization again...? but whatever the reason to be the biggest on the world stage isn't always the best so Laurin with all your experience some of the comments made may certainly have a sprinkling of truth. Nothing to do with sales going up and down because we don't work harder or smarter, it is just the market bulging with media stuff and too many freebies maybe...?

in my humble opinion the OP question raises many options to debate especially when those on the 'top table' in contributor support don't communicate...maybe they have nothing to say or might be too busy with web development issues, sales growth, pleasing the buyer...who knows but to Heidi it is important as no one deems her important enough to reply and protect her property...just trying to be supportive and empathetic to her needs that's all Authentic Creations...aren't we all in this together?

19 hours ago, Heide Pinkall said:

At July (!) 18th I wrote to support, because I found one of my pictures being used in a video - but this image has never been sold.

Well, I wonder if it is the matter Shutterstock should consider. We shouldn't forget, that we as Contributors are authors of photos. Copyrights of these photos are your. Shutterstock is just sales agent and can give you answer about selling or not this photo. They can react if someone else selling same/your photo on their site. Do not blame me, but if i would see my photo used without seeing it as sold, i wouldn't try to ask Shutterstock for do something with it, because me, as author of photo, can do it by myself. Remeber also, that Shutterstock isn't an exclusive agency so they can't be sure you sold this photo anywhere else. For example, who could i blame if i would see my photo used as illegal and i sell it on 3 agencies? Of course it is just my opinion, i can be wrong. 

If i were you, i would send email about illegal use of your photo to places, where it appeared. If you have a lot of time and energy, you can also take legal steps. But if they are on private sites, or really small agencies- im sure it is not worth.

It was just about your problem, of course it doesn't explain about no answer from them.

11 minutes ago, BOKEH STOCK said:

Well, I wonder if it is the matter Shutterstock should consider. We shouldn't forget, that we as Contributors are authors of photos. Copyrights of these photos are your. Shutterstock is just sales agent and can give you answer about selling or not this photo. They can react if someone else selling same/your photo on their site. Do not blame me, but if i would see my photo used without seeing it as sold, i wouldn't try to ask Shutterstock for do something with it, because me, as author of photo, can do it by myself. Remeber also, that Shutterstock isn't an exclusive agency so they can't be sure you sold this photo anywhere else. For example, who could i blame if i would see my photo used as illegal and i sell it on 3 agencies? Of course it is just my opinion, i can be wrong. 

If i were you, i would send email about illegal use of your photo to places, where it appeared. If you have a lot of time and energy, you can also take legal steps. But if they are on private sites, or really small agencies- im sure it is not worth.

It was just about your problem, of course it doesn't explain about no answer from them.

never will. also. Alex or someone. when we get the message about a submission The header Line reads "Your content has Been approved" that is wrong It should read "Your content has been reviewed" then the details in the body of the message.Small thing But not correct.Im getting a Lot of rejections for property release doesn't match the Image. I have 2000 Property released Images. so I have to submit them again sometime 3/4 times till I get someone who can read.

3 hours ago, BOKEH STOCK said:

Well, I wonder if it is the matter Shutterstock should consider.

yes, in this case they should.
The person(s) who has created and published the video quoted as source for this picture: "Heide Pinkall/Shutterstock".

And two days after it has been published this photo jumped up in my "popularity" list. This is clearly a sign that there had been a download.

So... I suppose that they have bought it legally from Shutterstock... But there wasn't any registered payment to me from Shutterstock.

It is not about the potentially 0,25$ that are missing - but I don't like mistakes in the payment process that are not corrected or cleared... That's not a good feeling.

51 minutes ago, Heide Pinkall said:

yes, in this case they should.
The person(s) who has created and published the video quoted as source for this picture: "Heide Pinkall/Shutterstock".

And two days after it has been published this photo jumped up in my "popularity" list. This is clearly a sign that there had been a download.

So... I suppose that they have bought it legally from Shutterstock... But there wasn't any registered payment to me from Shutterstock.

It is not about the potentially 0,25$ that are missing - but I don't like mistakes in the payment process that are not corrected or cleared... That's not a good feeling.

Well, thats change everything and at this situation you are absolutely right. If what you have said happen (missing sale) then we should start worrying...