Alex Shutterstock

It’s back - Option to add a second category

Hi,

Later today, we’ll release an update to the submit page that allows you to add a second category for your images and clips if you’d like.

This update will also apply to the Edit page, where you edit your approved content.

We had planned to entirely remove the second category from our experience, in order to streamline the submission process. However, as the field is optional, it won’t really slow you down if you choose not to add it.

Also, we heard from many of you that you felt that that second category offered another path for your work to be discovered, so we have restored this feature.

EcPe3h1KcAbPL_uY96ba6NhPZE5qljh7cQGAe3ca

Thanks!

1 hour ago, Alex Shutterstock said:

Hi,

Later today, we’ll release an update to the submit page that allows you to add a second category for your images and clips if you’d like.

This update will also apply to the Edit page, where you edit your approved content.

We had planned to entirely remove the second category from our experience, in order to streamline the submission process. However, as the field is optional, it won’t really slow you down if you choose not to add it.

Also, we heard from many of you that you felt that that second category offered another path for your work to be discovered, so we have restored this feature.

Thanks!

Alex, so will you be restoring the 2nd category that many of us specified originally to images submitted before the change to one category only ? or do we have to re-visit them all again if we want to ascribe a second category ? Just asking !!!

edit IGNORE the above  -  just realised the 2nd category on older images is still displayed ...

Edited by pjhpix
additional info

Great but can it be made possible to use keyboard letters to quickly choose the category like "n" will drop it to nature and "b" will highlight buildings/landmark. 

some sites have this and it saves a few seconds per each clip. 

12 hours ago, Alex Shutterstock said:

Hi,

Thanks!

The "Transportation" category is not functional, for me at least --

Hello, 

Why can't I add photos below "Transportation" category anymore? I have uploaded some tens recently, is there some limit now?? Every other catgeory works...

34 minutes ago, Ikars said:

Hello, 

Why can't I add photos below "Transportation" category anymore? I have uploaded some tens recently, is there some limit now?? Every other catgeory works...

The "Transportation" category is very obviously not functional; wonder why ?

@Alex Shutterstock Great ! I'm so glad to see that second category is back.

By the way.... would you be such a nice and kind to check out how " See large preview" at " Pending approval "  works ?

There is a bug all over pending approval . 

2 hours ago, Phil Hogan Photography said:

Why has the "Transportation" Category stopped working? 

Same here. 'Transportation' option doesn't work in both categories.

Transportation still not working.  And something odd going on with keywords during uploading - for some images my keyworded metadata ends up in the 'keyword suggestions' with nothing shown in the uploaded keywords bit.  Also some images don't offer up the keyword suggestions at all.

4 hours ago, Kate Shutterstock said:

Hi folks,

Thanks for your feedback. We're working on the issue with the Transportation category now, and should have a fix in place soon.

@MaDedee I see what you mean about the "large" preview for Pending images. It has lost its largeness!! We'll look into that today as well.

-Kate

Thank you very much!  It will truly help me develop on the website - in comparison to IStock and Adobe, your website is waaay more user friendly and fun to use! ❤️