Best SS friends and mates Club

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So I have to assume that based on your recent string of posts that you are now well within your own new 24K per year threshold for being allowed to speak? Not that you yourself would be subject to any

Sounds like you haven't leaned much about stock photography with your time here.

Bad Idea. If you give Pete the chance to write something, you get "war and peace" in double size.  So better, if he keeps calm. 

Posted Images

9 hours ago, Wendy Townrow said:

I hope everyone is getting over their Christmas Coma now :D

Finished the duck as leftovers, in spaghetti sauce, well kind of. The leftovers of the leftovers are in the freezer. Dinner for two is sometimes difficult as it could have been dinner for four. With the whole no travel, no restaurants open in Illinois, it was a pretty mild year, we stayed at home.

New Years will be equally as moderate. Valerie gets tested for Covid New Years day and then goes into quarantine until the surgery. I plan on staying in, unless there's some kind of "shopping emergency". 😉 Then I get to be driver and waiter for a couple weeks.

• 3 weeks later...

After two years finally snow in the coastal area in the Netherlands!!!
Only 1 cm instead of the predicted 2.5 cm. It was at 4 am when most of the snow fell already quite dark. And in the morning everything disappeared again. No nice snow pictures unfortunately. I don't have to cover our palm. It survives this effortlessly.
I long for an old-fashioned harsh winter. But when I look at the multi-day forecast it is rain, rain and more rain. 
Hopefully in February .....   🙂

DSC08738b.jpg

weather.jpg

I have never seen so much snow Linda. 😧 Sometimes it snowed for two months just like rain now. But never in those quantities.
I wish you luck Wendy. I certainly do not wish for cyclones. Although we have had storms more often in recent years, but fortunately no cyclones.
My family lives at the Goldcoast. We once drove from Sydney to Cairns (where my brother-in-law lived). Along the way we also heard people talking about storms, as we don't know here. 

Thanks guys, the storm system is not strong but is likely to have a fair mount of wind and rain attached. Making sure one has water and also grocery supplies is essential. I will have to go outside and make sure that all the stuff outside is secured in the morning.

34 minutes ago, Thijs de Graaf said:

I have never seen so much snow Linda. 😧 Sometimes it snowed for two months just like rain now. But never in those quantities.
I wish you luck Wendy. I certainly do not wish for cyclones. Although we have had storms more often in recent years, but fortunately no cyclones.
My family lives at the Goldcoast. We once drove from Sydney to Cairns (where my brother-in-law lived). Along the way we also heard people talking about storms, as we don't know here. 

I live just behind Cairns, I have been through a few of these storms, I just always hope I dont have to live through a big one as they cause so much devastation :)

I think weather can be a challenge no matter where you live :)