Best SS friends and mates Club

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So I have to assume that based on your recent string of posts that you are now well within your own new 24K per year threshold for being allowed to speak? Not that you yourself would be subject to any

Sounds like you haven't leaned much about stock photography with your time here.

Bad Idea. If you give Pete the chance to write something, you get "war and peace" in double size.  So better, if he keeps calm. 

Posted Images

34 minutes ago, PlopandShoot said:

I don't like the mob mentality involved with this.

Seems to me you were part of the mob that chased Aaron LeMay away for a while (you were OK with that?).  I see that you scrubbed your presence in that thread, but you were involved enough in it to warrant a response from another contributor there:

And if we go allll the way back to last January, as long as we're digging up old posts, the history between G and I started with what I thought was a civil disagreement, until he called my port, as well as another contributor's port, crap.  He's the one who started slinging mud here, and yet you continue to defend him, even as he as alienated and insulted many of his - like you - former defenders.  He is not a victim but a repeat offender here, and why the mods don't step in and do something about it is beyond me.

28 minutes ago, PlopandShoot said:

Why am I defending him? I don't like the mob mentality involved with this.

I have to agree with this. I'm neutral to everyone here; I don't know any contributor here in person. I'm not on anyone's side or anybody's friend but I see every other contributor as my friend also. "Loving your neighbor as yourself" is a powerful concept we really should start applying it practically in our lives. 

Someone wrote "live and let live" - that's also what we need. Having goal and sticking to that goal is a good thing. And when we come from a creative point we will understand we don't need any rivalry. 

We all have goals and dreams; thinking about them and working towards them is better than spending time looking at what others doing (my main reason to quit instagram ^_^ )

And I love this quote; “What a different story people would have to tell if only they would adopt a definite purpose, and stand by that purpose until it had time to become an all-consuming obsession!” - Napoleon Hill

2 minutes ago, PlopandShoot said:

Funny how you don't call out Brady in that thread for the same thing

Brady isn't in this thread thumping his chest in a morally superior way.

42 minutes ago, PlopandShoot said:

I don't like the mob mentality involved with this.

Fix your own hypocrisy first before calling others on it.

1 hour ago, 1000 Words Photos said:

Since it is the SS forum mates club I wish a happy new year with lots of forum joy to:

@KeremGogus @PlopandShoot @geogif @Milleflore Images @Grossinger @Alexandre Rotenberg @Phil Lowe @Scorsby @Jose HERNANDEZ Camera 51 @Studio 2 @Forum Mihaiand all the others :)

Thank you so much dearest @1000 Words Photos! Happy happy new year to you too! ^_^ 

3 hours ago, Grossinger said:

Well, if you LOOK (you have to take an honest look) you will see all the braggers have a crazy "Grossinger obsession". It's a fact that I never start a conversation with these unfortunates, its always the braggers who post to or about me. You are also headed in that direction.

Fact is, if you constantly post about yourself there will be people who 'disagree' or  'agree'. A lot of people were interested in your quest and some have tried to help, I think at one time many months ago I also gave some tips, but now I couldn't care less. You constantly get into these arguments and then delete everything you ever posted until that time. You now have (almost) your 10000 images, congratulations. But how much did it cost you to get those 10000. You stated a few months ago that you reached the $500 level, so how much did you spend to earn $500. One thing you also don't seem to realise is that most people here have regular jobs and do this as a sideline, so upload, upload, upload isn't an option, me included and yet I have a 5000+ port.

5 hours ago, PlopandShoot said:

He is right, you all are acting like children. 

I admit there are some valid points in your post. But right now, it's definitely Grossinger that's acting like a child.

Also, it's kind of childish that anyone who disagrees with Joe's points of view has a 'crap port' or an 'average' or 'bad port' (according to Grossinger.) And anyone who doesn't challenge him supposedly has a 'good port' or on some occasions, a 'great port.' Immaturity at it's finest. Definitely not the person to ask for an honest review of one's photographs. 

4 hours ago, 1000 Words Photos said:

Since it is the SS forum mates club I wish a happy new year with lots of forum joy to:

@KeremGogus @PlopandShoot @geogif @Milleflore Images @Grossinger @Alexandre Rotenberg @Phil Lowe @Scorsby @Jose HERNANDEZ Camera 51 @Studio 2 @Forum Mihaiand all the others :)

A very, very happy and joyful New Year to you too, Mirco. And to Kerem, Terry, Joe, Geo, Alex, Phil, Deb, Mihai, Ole, Patrick et al!

I can't stay too long. I forgot my bullet-proof vest. ^_^

See the source image

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...