Best SS friends and mates Club

6 hours ago, Linda Bestwick said:

I've no idea how you do it Joe! But I very much expect you will have this nailed with time to spare. Well done!!! Enjoy your well earned rest on Wednesday :D Happy Christmas!

Linda said it, Well done Joe, I am impressed.

Happy Christmas all ... may the season bring you everything you wish for :)

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So I have to assume that based on your recent string of posts that you are now well within your own new 24K per year threshold for being allowed to speak? Not that you yourself would be subject to any

Sounds like you haven't leaned much about stock photography with your time here.

Bad Idea. If you give Pete the chance to write something, you get "war and peace" in double size.  So better, if he keeps calm. 

Posted Images

I uploaded over 500 images today and I'm exhausted.
Pooped
Worn out.
It's raining and very cold, a sad looking Christmas Eve.
But, we are warm and dry. So no complaints.
No sales today. Probably no sales or very few sales until 3 January.
Boo Hoo
I'm going to finish out my quest this week.

3 hours ago, Grossinger said:

Pooped
Worn out.
Boo Hoo

Tip of the cap and hearty congrats to you on reaching your very lofty goal

i didn’t think you would make it a couple months back

uploading 500 images in one day - you’re a machine!

6 hours ago, njene said:

Tip of the cap and hearty congrats to you on reaching your very lofty goal

i didn’t think you would make it a couple months back

uploading 500 images in one day - you’re a machine!

Congratulations too.
I hardly dare to write it. I came across nearly 300 photos in about five months. (Only new photos. I didn't think my old photos were good enough and I'm afraid Shutterstock would agree)
From September it was cloudy or rainy almost every day. I have never been able to photograph so few insects. Before that we had above 40 degrees for a few days. Also never been shown before. Next year I will do better. 🙂

In the Dutch news I read today (translated):It is raining along the coast of the Australian state of New South Wales. More than 57 millimeters have fallen in some places. The rain is more than welcome in the forest-ravaged area.

Glad  to read this!

1 hour ago, Thijs de Graaf said:

Congratulations too.
I hardly dare to write it. I came across nearly 300 photos in about five months. (Only new photos. I didn't think my old photos were good enough and I'm afraid Shutterstock would agree)
From September it was cloudy or rainy almost every day. I have never been able to photograph so few insects. Before that we had above 40 degrees for a few days. Also never been shown before. Next year I will do better. 🙂

In the Dutch news I read today (translated):It is raining along the coast of the Australian state of New South Wales. More than 57 millimeters have fallen in some places. The rain is more than welcome in the forest-ravaged area.

Glad  to read this!

it sure is welcome but more is needed 🙂

22 hours ago, Grossinger said:

Well friends and neighbors I'm coming down to the photo finish.
I have over 500 images I have to describe, key word and upload this morning.
I'm doing another shoot this afternoon.
Tomorrow is Christmas day, I'm going out to dine with my wife and friends.
Won't be getting much work done.
I love a tight deadline.
Looks like thursday will be the "10,000 image port" for me.
I do have another shoot planned for Saturday - Just in case.
I suppose I could add in the 475 videos I have, but that would be cheating.
IT'S 10,000 IMAGES BEFORE THE YEAR IS OUT OR BUST!

Nice , Congrats and Merry Christmas :)

On 12/24/2019 at 9:12 AM, Linda Bestwick said:

I've no idea how you do it Joe!

Well, if you look at his recent uploads, it will become more obvious how it is possible to add hundreds of pics to a port within days. The real question for me is why SS decided to suspend their policy on similars for Joe.

15 minutes ago, Milo J said:

Well, if you look at his recent uploads, it will become more obvious how it is possible to add hundreds of pics to a port within days. The real question for me is why SS decided to suspend their policy on similars for Joe.

Beats me too ... Grossinger since long can get away with similars, it's like Shutterstock is supporting his quest of one reason or another ..?

Actually it seems to depend on the reviewer. I get a lot of rejections for similar in spurts. Sometimes none and sometimes a lot. I have editorial up to 5 sometimes of each of the presidential candidates and they have significantly different expressions and/or hand gestures and they’ll accept some and reject others sometimes the rejected ones are totally different candidate person and I resubmit and they’re accepted. So the similars rejection is totally random IMO and worse when reviewer is in grumpy mood 

39 minutes ago, Sheila Fitzgerald said:

Actually it seems to depend on the reviewer. I get a lot of rejections for similar in spurts. Sometimes none and sometimes a lot. I have editorial up to 5 sometimes of each of the presidential candidates and they have significantly different expressions and/or hand gestures and they’ll accept some and reject others sometimes the rejected ones are totally different candidate person and I resubmit and they’re accepted. So the similars rejection is totally random IMO and worse when reviewer is in grumpy mood 

exactly right  ... seriously guys, criticising a contributor for what the reviewers accept is not a good thing to do and totally not necessary. This is supposed to be the friends and mates club!

20 minutes ago, Wendy Townrow said:

exactly right  ... seriously guys, criticising a contributor for what the reviewers accept is not a good thing to do and totally not necessary. This is supposed to be the friends and mates club!

Reading through all the comments above, I was just about to say the same thing as you, Wendy, but you beat me to it. Live and let live guys. 

And a very prosperous new year to everyone. 

On 12/25/2019 at 1:12 AM, Grossinger said:

Pooped
Worn out.
Boo Hoo

Your 10,000 quest is nearly finished, so well done !! 🥂

26 minutes ago, Evelyn de Waard said:

Your 10,000 quest is nearly finished, so well done !! 🥂

That's not true. 
He cheated.
He didn't cheat the SS and formally he will succeed in his challenge, that's true.
But he had cheated everyone who supported him and his challenge. I find that most unfortunate. 
A few photos less than 10000 would have been better than these unspeakable similar pictures with the coloured hats, one like the other. 
With this last effort Joe has destroyed the great result he had achieved so far. 
Unfortunately not a success for @Grossinger, but for the braggers, chatterboxes and photo artists who had predicted exactly that. 
Very sad and very unnecessary. 

2 hours ago, geogif said:

He cheated.

Bah, yer jealous.
The braggers, chatterboxes and photo artists are all huddled together praying I don't make it.
I had a real disaster with my recent uploads. Over 300 were rejected for one reason or other,
most of them for having an improper model release.
Have I cried about that?
No! I'm a pro, I took my lumps and moved on. Re-uploaded, uploaded uploaded.
Now I have 489 images to go. 13 if you include my videos.
It's going to go down to the wire. I may not make it.
I'm going to do a bunch today which in reality is the last day of this year to upload, upload, upload and against my better judgement will do a bunch this weekend.
You know about those knuckle dragging, brutes known as "SS weekend evaluators" and how they act.
So I may not make it. Makes no real difference since I'm miles and miles and miles ahead of the pack
you call the " braggers, chatterboxes and photo artists". They don't matter either.
I'm sorry you don't like me "hat" images, you don't matter either.
The only thing that matters is what the buyers think. Judging from what a buyer in Tokyo thinks about
my new images, they like it since one just sold in Tokyo and one of my pirate images was bought in Stockholm, Sweden.
I'm no longer on the forum very much because I'm too busy uploading, uploading, uploading.
That will probably continue on past the new year and beyond.
I don't get much pleasure from the trolls and enjoy the challenge of uploading, uploading, uploading much more,
the rubbish they post is mind numbingly boring.
Oh yeah, I'm going to upload, upload, upload more pirate images today.
If I count my videos I have only got 13 images to go.
Bye