Sign in to follow this  
Jason Dudley

latest stock free vs pay trends

So... I was looking at the latest alexa web stats for the current site traffic trends of SS and U assuming they represent the traffic majority for pay vs free trends. I like to watch them over time to try and better understand whats happening and maybe whats coming in the future. Trying to figure out where to go from here.

SS global rank is increasing recently but I believe this is due to the massive traffic increase of new contributors flooding the site rather than more paying customers. U's rank is increasing rapidly and steadily over a long period while SS rank increase is slowing down. U will soon have the same web traffic as SS with no reason to slow down. Free vs pay. This is very bad.

If you scroll down to the chart showing traffic entering the site from a search engine, you will see SS consistently dropping while U search traffic steadily and rapidly increasing. It makes sense that this search engine traffic would represent customers searching for images rather than contributors who enter the site through saved bookmarks. We now this is the trend thats happening but my concern is the rate at which it is happening. Faster than I expected.

https://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/shutterstock.com

https://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/unsplash.com

53 minutes ago, Jason Dudley said:

SS global rank is increasing recently but I believe this is due to the massive traffic increase of new contributors flooding the site rather than more paying customers. 

If you don't mind my asking, what's the evidence that leads you to believe that it's new contributers as opposed to customers? 

Haha thanks! He's supposed to be from a mythical race of arseholes so I'm happy he's having the desired effect :D have changed pic to a sweeter one