Alex Shutterstock

The iOS contributor app has a new look!

We are excited to announce that as part of our ongoing app upgrades, the Contributor App for iOS has a white theme! This update is mostly a color and icon change with small changes to the earnings and keyword sections. We expect that using consistent brand themes, icons, and language will only make using the apps easier to navigate.

And if you guys weren’t already aware, we’ve even made the Android contributor app have the same refreshed design as the iOS Contributor App!

c2GYWNrsvTFPKe1cRZZmPJ3PlWmmQlxQ7Oc-l44R

Alex as you should be well aware by now, please avoid using the word excited or exciting in any announcement, just the mention brings dread and  infear to the hearts of anyone experienced in Microstock.

If it works reliably, that would be a really nice improvement.

Going to download and install the new awesome, exciting, stunning, amazing, redesigned, new app. 😃

@HodagMedia and @paula french  I am just the messenger!! :)

Thanks for your feedback!!

HodagMedia, if you already have the app you don't need to do anything. The update is done automatically. Let me know what you think about "new awesome, exciting, stunning, amazing, redesigned, new app."  LOL

13 hours ago, paula french said:

Sorry - I prefer the black interface, it'd easier the eyes !!!  Don't forget we're all getting older, black is easier to read ;o) (imo)

+1

SS causes the price of glasses rise!😂

8 hours ago, paula french said:

Sorry - I prefer the black interface, it'd easier the eyes !!!  Don't forget we're all getting older, black is easier to read ;o) (imo)

Yep. Same here. Black is much easier on my aging eyes. Perhaps you can introduce a night mode, like Twitter, so folks can have a choice. I also noticed the white icon is harder to see than the black icon.

Black interface was much better, now it's hard to analyze information from app, the pictures on a white background are blurred, darker interface is better for eyes - most weighty argument!  Why not provide the ability to change the color of the interface to contributors?

11 hours ago, Alex Shutterstock said:

@HodagMedia and @paula french  I am just the messenger!! :)

Thanks for your feedback!!

HodagMedia, if you already have the app you don't need to do anything. The update is done automatically. Let me know what you think about "new awesome, exciting, stunning, amazing, redesigned, new app."  LOL

"new awesome, exciting, stunning, amazing, redesigned, new app"  looks CHEAP. LOL

16 hours ago, Karin Hildebrand Lau said:

Yep. Same here. Black is much easier on my aging eyes. Perhaps you can introduce a night mode, like Twitter, so folks can have a choice. I also noticed the white icon is harder to see than the black icon.

+1

I remember that Photoshop went to a dark interface because it's better to view most photos against a dark background.

and the font could be a couple of points bigger, so I can actually read it. 🤓

I also liked the old interface much more ... Pardon, you spent so much energy on a new one :( ((In addition to black colour, the statistics screen was more convenient, where you could see months and years at once as in a calendar ... This allowed me to think about the current period trend in comparison with previous years

I agree. The black was much easier to read and the layout better. With all the things that need fixing, this was not one of them. I would be more delighted, thrilled, excited, amazed if things like file transfer errors, and seamless transition from one month to the next, consistent reviews etc. be fixed. But what can you say...

@Alex ShutterstockPlease can we have a choice between black and white (or grey), I find it incredibly hard to see the data - as text also much smaller and doesn't show well on white background.

Not sure why it was changed when it wasn't causing anyone a problem (as far as I am aware).  Please help your ageing contributors ;o)

Hi folks,

Thank you for the feedback. I am sharing it with the Product Team.

@paula french I am not sure if a feature to switch between black and white will be available, but I am bringing yours and everyones concerns to the team. 

I will let you know what they say.