Karan thakkar

DEMAND for Indian IMAGES around the world ?

My name is Karan and i am from India.

It's have been just a week, i started uploading on shutterstock.  My big question is that, "Do Indian images get sold on shutterstock? "  I mean, do advertisers around the world are demanding pictures of Indian models? 

I will be thankful for a genuine response.

17 hours ago, Alexander Image said:

I have some Indian models. Buyers who bought their images mostly came from India or Middle East. I think that Asia and Middle East are big markets for stock images...

Good Luck!

Thanks for the information, Alexander! 

6 hours ago, dcurzon said:

Have your model rummaging in a street market, handling foods, doing normal every day stuff, rather than portraits

Yes i am looking forward to that, also i am excited to explore. Thanks!

5 hours ago, Z. Jacobs said:

Take your models outside where there's interesting backgrounds of places in India.The harsh shadow caused by flash in your current images isn't good.

Yes that's a mistake of a newbie. ? haha

I guess this will not happen when i shoot outside. Thanks by the way!

https://www.shutterstock.com/search?search_source=base_search_form&language=en&searchterm=taj+mahal+india&image_type=all

Apparently!  Models?  Yes, Indian women are beautiful.  Agree with the others, take them out into the streets, doing things, walking, buying and selling food, looking at their smartphones, etc.

1 hour ago, Karan thakkar said:

Yes that's a mistake of a newbie. ? haha

I guess this will not happen when i shoot outside. Thanks by the way!

learn a bit about Posing also. Move her away from wall. very,Very amateurish. this way and using a strobe outside is a must called fill flash. I really would practice a Lot more before submitting. getting accepted used to mean something. It means nothing Now. Here is as simple as it gets. Model Under Umbrella. and a on camera flash. Get outside and show where you Live,the people , the sights and the smells. your really Not ready for indoor portraiture my friend.Background should be lit separately . it's not rocket science But must be studied and learned. I would delete all But one and start Over. Thats my advice.

CAT 8477 CD305 BEAUTIFUL WOMAN.jpg

1 hour ago, Laurin Rinder said:

learn a bit about Posing also. Move her away from wall. very,Very amateurish. this way and using a strobe outside is a must called fill flash. I really would practice a Lot more before submitting. getting accepted used to mean something. It means nothing Now. Here is as simple as it gets. Model Under Umbrella. and a on camera flash. Get outside and show where you Live,the people , the sights and the smells. your really Not ready for indoor portraiture my friend.Background should be lit separately . it's not rocket science But must be studied and learned. I would delete all But one and start Over. Thats my advice.

CAT 8477 CD305 BEAUTIFUL WOMAN.jpg

I believe in practical learning. I guess I am learning from it. Thanks for sharing your views !

1 hour ago, oleschwander said:

At least meke sure that the background is white and there are no hard shadows from flash or lamps. You will never sell images with that lightning. As others suggest take the model out in the streets when you can’t set a lightning.

I agree, i am trying to shoot outdoor. Thanks for your response.

1 hour ago, Michalakis Ppalis said:

I also have a lot of Indian Photos with people but most of them are editorial. I will upload some and see what hapens..

Do let me know what happens ! ☺️

2 hours ago, Mike Kuhlman said:

https://www.shutterstock.com/search?search_source=base_search_form&language=en&searchterm=taj+mahal+india&image_type=all

Apparently!  Models?  Yes, Indian women are beautiful.  Agree with the others, take them out into the streets, doing things, walking, buying and selling food, looking at their smartphones, etc.

Thanks for sharing! I am planning to shoot outdoor, soon!

12 hours ago, Karan thakkar said:

Thanks for sharing! I am planning to shoot outdoor, soon!

Soon??

I can guarantee there will be at least 50 things within 5 minutes walk of your home, that you can take photos of... Get out there and shoot!

36 minutes ago, dcurzon said:

Soon??

I can guarantee there will be at least 50 things within 5 minutes walk of your home, that you can take photos of... Get out there and shoot!

Yeah you are right! Sure!

Greetings from one Indian to another! Have patience and click and upload more. I learned that it is a numbers game too after all. Keep uploading till you reach 500 and then let's talk again! 

5 hours ago, mridulablog said:

Greetings from one Indian to another! Have patience and click and upload more. I learned that it is a numbers game too after all. Keep uploading till you reach 500 and then let's talk again! 

Thanks Mridula! I'll surely ping you once i reach there.