Alexander Oganezov

Something is broken today

Only 13 file transfer error rejections? I've had over 20 this week. Getting really freaking annoying having to resubmit and wait two days to see if they got corrupted by the upload process again. And none of my downloads are showing up on the map today. Last one on the map was from yesterday and I've had several more downloads since then.

18 minutes ago, Sheila Fitzgerald said:

Only 13 file transfer error rejections? I've had over 20 this week. Getting really freaking annoying having to resubmit and wait two days to see if they got corrupted by the upload process again.

13 was just within a single submission of about 16 images. I don't get why they can't immediately provide info on whether upload/transfer failed instead of having to wait possibly few days to find out.

Their programming team definitely seems to be sub par. I'm no programmer,but I'm married to one and he is constantly floored by the issues I complain about on this site.  He'd be firing programmers if they created so many bugs in his dept.

Just now, Sheila Fitzgerald said:

He'd be firing programmers if they created so many bugs in his dept.

Being software engineer myself, bugs are not the problem. Any project of a significant size will have tons of bugs, its a normal part of the development lifecycle. However in a normal scenario the validation team would be finding most of those prior to 'live deployment' of updates, instead of letting customers discover and report them.

I guess Ifelt like that was implied in my previous comment. Nobody tests the programs before the new features are deployed. It's like each department is working on their aspect of the project and just launch their updates without consulting with everyone else to make sure it's going to actually integrate with the current system without causing an issue in another section.

20 minutes ago, Sheila Fitzgerald said:

I guess Ifelt like that was implied in my previous comment.

Well, i just wanted to not blame everything on programmers. Often times its a management with their own timelines and internal deadlines deciding what gets released and how much validation is done prior to declaring patch functional.

53 minutes ago, Alexander Oganezov said:

Being software engineer myself, bugs are not the problem. Any project of a significant size will have tons of bugs, its a normal part of the development lifecycle. However in a normal scenario the validation team would be finding most of those prior to 'live deployment' of updates, instead of letting customers discover and report them.

Probably that is how things should work. All I know is that no other agency has bugs, never had. Now please don't tell me that SS is too big because they had bugs after bugs in the past too, always.

2 minutes ago, Whiteaster said:

Probably that is how things should work. All I know is that no other agency has bugs, never had. Now please don't tell me that SS is too big because they had bugs after bugs in the past too, always.

Not defending SS, just defending programmers that get all the blame.

7 minutes ago, Whiteaster said:

who else should be blamed for their unprofessional work

The company itself or whoever approves release of the update. As i mentioned above, bugs are natural part of any development anywhere; blaming a programmer for a bug is like blaming a photographer for having bad shots - they happen. It's about having process in place that catch them before patches hit customers/live systems.

A programmer working on a feature might not even have capabilities to do full system level test to ensure there are no side effects of their modification. 

Happening here occasionally on public galleries.  Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

Contributor dashboard timing out on stats sometimes.

And its early sunday morning when server load should be at a minimum.

I think their problem is they've just grown far too big for their creaky infrastructure to cope with.

OK this is ridiculous:

broken1.PNG

This is the stats generator on dashboard.

broken2.PNG

Keyword submission...Nope thats dead too.

broken3.PNG

...and finally and most worryingly, the buyers side gallery times out and breaks.

FTP is broken too, alternating between timing out and rejecting login details.

So basically we can't upload, can't keyword, cant really do ANYTHING and also cant make money as we can't be displayed to sell.

Congratulations SS - you've actually managed to break everything at the same time.  Its impressive.

I would guess its a load balancing issue as the errors are a result of things timing out.  It works some of the time.  

On 8/9/2018 at 9:48 PM, Alexander Oganezov said:

Submitted batch consisting of images from different upload days. Ended up with 13 file transfer errors.. ugh.

Catalog tool also seems to work sporadically. Some images don't want to save keywords, been trying on one for more than hour until it finally saved them.

me too, and can't edit or submit what was uploaded

2 hours ago, Richard Whitcombe said:

OK this is ridiculous:

broken1.PNG

This is the stats generator on dashboard.

broken2.PNG

Keyword submission...Nope thats dead too.

broken3.PNG

...and finally and most worryingly, the buyers side gallery times out and breaks.

FTP is broken too, alternating between timing out and rejecting login details.

So basically we can't upload, can't keyword, cant really do ANYTHING and also cant make money as we can't be displayed to sell.

Congratulations SS - you've actually managed to break everything at the same time.  Its impressive.

I would guess its a load balancing issue as the errors are a result of things timing out.  It works some of the time.  

Same exact things happened to me too... I had a mild heart attack when I see my portfolio gone - I thought I'm suspended.

Despite the slow site, i am trying to upoad pics and they just wont appear at all. When I try again, it tells me the files are already processing but this has been going on for 3 hours now :(  also renaming does not work anymore, hopefully its fixed soon!

4 minutes ago, chrisontour84 said:

Despite the slow site, i am trying to upoad pics and they just wont appear at all.

I would just wait it out. Wouldn't surprise me if anything uploaded yesterday evening and today will be rejected with file transfer errors anyway