Andie_Alpion

Long lasting review time

4 minutes ago, Andie_Alpion said:

I have a lot of new pics but I'm unsure to load them up before the "olds" are reviewed. I'm waiting for an result  since yesterday...

1 hour ago, Richard Whitcombe said:

Lately they seem to review the images and leave 1 or 2 in the queue which clears next upload.

Huh, i thought i was the only one hitting that due to perhaps some images requiring more authorized review, but indeed I've had similar thing. 8 statues submitted, 7 approved, 1 in queue until next day.

In my experience SS approve vectors almost same day and in many cases within 3-4 hours. Few months back SS used to approve all vectors with in hours. SS had always took 2-5 days time in approving illustrations until they found it spacial. For last almost a week taking time more than a day in approving some vectors.  

15 hours ago, Richard Whitcombe said:

Not sure about that, i dont think anyone actually looks at an image now.  More likely the queue is added to and when its time to review its "frozen".  Any images uploaded after that end up in a new review queue.

Yes, answered years ago when some people were trying to trick the system, upload a image on Friday, then Monday morning upload a batch more, so they would be reviewed with the Friday image. (back when playing for Monday views was a game some believed in, to make better sales. Might have worked, then, doesn't matter now)

SS came back with FIFO, first in first reviewed, by file numbers. Doesn't mean that some didn't get stuck longer, but in general, images come up for review by file number, not batch. Also consider that different kinds of images and licenses have different review tracks. Upload photos with illustrations with Editorial, or video, and they don't all go to the same review group. By type they might be faster or slower than others.

On 8/10/2018 at 4:26 PM, HodagMedia said:

Yes, answered years ago when some people were trying to trick the system, upload a image on Friday, then Monday morning upload a batch more, so they would be reviewed with the Friday image. (back when playing for Monday views was a game some believed in, to make better sales. Might have worked, then, doesn't matter now)

SS came back with FIFO, first in first reviewed, by file numbers. Doesn't mean that some didn't get stuck longer, but in general, images come up for review by file number, not batch. Also consider that different kinds of images and licenses have different review tracks. Upload photos with illustrations with Editorial, or video, and they don't all go to the same review group. By type they might be faster or slower than others.

It's still done on batches like that.  Perfectly possibly to upload another load of photos and get them reviewed in sometimes 20 mins with all the ones sent days ago so they still do tag on.

The system used to be upload 1 as a placeholder than upload the rest on a Sunday night (you never ever wanted images to go live on a Saturday as they stood little chance of selling and would be buried by Monday).

Batches still happens in general though.

On 8/11/2018 at 3:56 PM, Richard Whitcombe said:

It's still done on batches like that.  Perfectly possibly to upload another load of photos and get them reviewed in sometimes 20 mins with all the ones sent days ago so they still do tag on.

The system used to be upload 1 as a placeholder than upload the rest on a Sunday night (you never ever wanted images to go live on a Saturday as they stood little chance of selling and would be buried by Monday).

Batches still happens in general though.

Then things changed. Back when they promised FIFO and reviews took days, I tested. Two uploads a day, one morning, one evening,  for a few days... and they went through right in order, nothing skipped forward. But I won't promise things are the same now, that was a few years ago and we all know how things in Micro change sometimes, day to day.

I don't worry much about review times or days anymore. Some of mine recently got accepted so fast,  I mean minutes, and most are same day. Yes, you are correct, I don't upload on Friday, Sat. or Sunday. 😀

News and editorial I upload as soon as I can get them to the site, that's different. But general shots "art" or other creative, I'd agree, Monday.