Dilomski

SOD sold for 0,25$?

3 hours ago, lennystan said:

lowest SOD I have was 0.27, and strangely enough subscription only over last month, hopefully it's just because of summer

I had the highest number of downloads ever last month but they were all subs so it wasn't my best earning month ever. 

Stock photos is now a commodity business. Supply is high and prices are low. We will all need to learn to live with that reality. Those that can or want to will find more lucrative photographic endeavours. The rest of us will have to up the volume and the quality to stay in the game.

SS will continue to increase their profits off of your property while you continue to get less. Thats the new reality you must accept. Everyone just keep your head down and shovel faster to stay in the game like good little slaves.

1 hour ago, Jason Dudley said:

SS will continue to increase their profits off of your property while you continue to get less. Thats the new reality you must accept. Everyone just keep your head down and shovel faster to stay in the game like good little slaves.

It appears, Jason, that you closed your account or quit offering for sale on here. Just wonder why you feel the need to keep commenting? Seems like you made your decision, so let the rest of us who want to be good little slaves, slave on.

1 hour ago, Richard Whitcombe said:

I think these days if you're not in Offset SS doesnt actually care how it treats you as there's an endless supply of people who'll submit stuff and be happy with $10 a month.

That sums it up I'm afraid. low standards, almost anything accepted, loyal, capable, diligent contributors thrown out of the window....

57 minutes ago, Matylda Laurence said:

had one SOD last month (July) for $2.85 which was a nice surprise...?

I had a very good one too - about the same as an EL - it swings in roundabouts - I've also had more than a few for 0.36 cents. 

6 hours ago, paula french said:

I had a very good one too - about the same as an EL - it swings in roundabouts - I've also had more than a few for 0.36 cents. 

Yeah, agree swings in roundabouts. I do have 0.25 SOD too but this month.. one SOD for $64

22 hours ago, Dilomski said:

Just now I sold a Single and Other picture for 0,25 cents.Never happened before, do you guys have any info on that?Whats up??

i have once sold for 0.43$ never saw it for 0.25$

On 8/5/2018 at 10:14 AM, Jim in SC said:

It appears, Jason, that you closed your account or quit offering for sale on here. Just wonder why you feel the need to keep commenting? Seems like you made your decision, so let the rest of us who want to be good little slaves, slave on.

Because contributors being ripped off for their undervalued content will keep getting worse everywhere as long as places like SS keep being *rewarded* for their actions. The "its better than nothing" attitude just validates what they do and makes it worse. They give you less profits to manipulate and motivate you to give them more quantity to try and offset your losses. This strategy makes them richer at your expense. At all of our expense. If contributors accept this behavior, images will have ZERO value and all agencies will be free RF images like many sites that are already out there now.

1 hour ago, Jason Dudley said:

Because contributors being ripped off for their undervalued content will keep getting worse everywhere as long as places like SS keep being *rewarded* for their actions. The "its better than nothing" attitude just validates what they do and makes it worse. They give you less profits to manipulate and motivate you to give them more quantity to try and offset your losses. This strategy makes them richer at your expense. At all of our expense. If contributors accept this behavior, images will have ZERO value and all agencies will be free RF images like many sites that are already out there now.

Jason, I agree that the photographs here are underrated....I'll go so as to say “most photography is undervalued. If we came into micro-stock looking to become, as Forest Gump would say..'A gazillionaire” then we probably made a foolish choice. If you want to be a high paid photographer, then market yourself in the high-end categories: IE: Wedding photographer for the celebrities and millionaires. Shoot, they get married so often, you could probably become a 'gazillionaire' with one or two clients.

Check out how many photojournalists are out beating the pavement looking for work. Several large newspapers took the DSLR's away from them and issued them iPhones. So what do you expect? All I can say is I have no delusions of grandeur. I like photography and will probably keep uploading some photos from time to time. I don't have a big port, nor do I give much of a Tinker's darn what others think of them. I sell more than I ever expected, so I am ahead of the game in my opinion. Good luck in all your endeavours, Jason. I wish you the best in all that you do.

13 minutes ago, Jim in SC said:

Jason, I agree that the photographs here are underrated....I'll go so as to say “most photography is undervalued. If we came into micro-stock looking to become, as Forest Gump would say..'A gazillionaire” then we probably made a foolish choice. If you want to be a high paid photographer, then market yourself in the high-end categories: IE: Wedding photographer for the celebrities and millionaires. Shoot, they get married so often, you could probably become a 'gazillionaire' with one or two clients.

Check out how many photojournalists are out beating the pavement looking for work. Several large newspapers took the DSLR's away from them and issued them iPhones. So what do you expect? All I can say is I have no delusions of grandeur. I like photography and will probably keep uploading some photos from time to time. I don't have a big port, nor do I give much of a Tinker's darn what others think of them. I sell more than I ever expected, so I am ahead of the game in my opinion. Good luck in all your endeavours, Jason. I wish you the best in all that you do.

+1

The market has changed. Digital photography has democratized photography and the internet has revolutionized the supply chain. That has changed stock photography into a commodity business with millions of suppliers, billions of images and, probably millions of customers. As with most commodity businesses, low margins and high volumes is the name of the game.

Stock has been around for years and will be around for years. Customers will continue to buy images because it is much cheaper to do it legally than to risk a law suit and reputable businesses usually do behave reputably.

Contributors are not being "ripped off". The market determines the value of their images and that market is now a buyers one.

1 hour ago, Charles Lewis said:

The market has changed. Digital photography has democratized photography and the internet has revolutionized the supply chain. That has changed stock photography into a commodity business with millions of suppliers, billions of images and, probably millions of customers. As with most commodity businesses, low margins and high volumes is the name of the game.

Stock has been around for years and will be around for years. Customers will continue to buy images because it is much cheaper to do it legally than to risk a law suit and reputable businesses usually do behave reputably.

Contributors are not being "ripped off". The market determines the value of their images and that market is now a buyers one.

+++

Its a buyers market because of agencies like SS deliberately lowering their standards and flooding the market with garbage. Its because of free(commercial use) RF sites popping up and manipulating contributors to give away their images for nothing but a warm fuzzy feeling as they watch others make real money off their property. Soon free will be the new normal. As long as contributors continue to supply under these conditions, agencies will continue to exploit it to lower their costs. Its our property and our choices that allow it to happen. IMO

8 hours ago, Jason Dudley said:

Its a buyers market because of agencies like SS deliberately lowering their standards and flooding the market with garbage. Its because of free(commercial use) RF sites popping up and manipulating contributors to give away their images for nothing but a warm fuzzy feeling as they watch others make real money off their property. Soon free will be the new normal. As long as contributors continue to supply under these conditions, agencies will continue to exploit it to lower their costs. Its our property and our choices that allow it to happen. IMO

Real talk.