Denis Costille

Dambulla Cave Temple, editorial or not ?

Hello.

I have a series of photos of Dambulla Cave Temple (UNESCO World Heritage Site in Sri Lanka) to submit. For the pics without people, is it Editorial or not ? I see a lot of pics as non editorial but I don't want to take the risk,since Shutterstock could have changed his mind in the meantime, and I don't like to lose my time with a rejection and a new submission of this batch.

So please, if someone from Shutterstock could give me the answer. Thanks.

Your reluctance to take the risk seems misplaced, for there only risk you're taking is getting rejected. 

Submit it as commercial. If you get rejected for the reasons having to do with editorial content, resubmit as editorial.

When in doubt, submitting the pictures is the only sure way to find out whether they have to be editorial.

Cheers!

Contributors are so poorly paid that I don't want to waste my time copying/pasting 50 pics to resubmit them. Too much time consuming for me. I prefer an answer from someone at Shutterstock.

Denis,

No chance of commercial under current rules.  Editorial probably fine as the site isn't on the KIRL.  But if you won't take it from people on here, you either need to submit a tester or email support direct, they likely won't answer on the forum.

Embed the title and keywords in the metadata of the image so then the resubmission process is fast and painless. And nobody from ShutterStock is going to answer individual questions on the forums. You need to email them directly and probably include a photo for reference and even then, the reviewers might make a different decision.

1 hour ago, Denis Costille said:

Contributors are so poorly paid that I don't want to waste my time copying/pasting 50 pics to resubmit them. Too much time consuming for me. I prefer an answer from someone at Shutterstock.

Maybe to submit one and see what happens will take you less time than to write 4 posts on this forum…………

[Allez les bleus !!]