Sign in to follow this  
Jason Dudley

Goodbye and Good Luck.

Portfolio deleted and moving on. I'm done with the neglected upload/review issues, image theft and constant decline in sales due to SS favoring low quality images that break their own rules. I have zero respect or trust for SS anymore and simply refuse to support them and their practices. Its too much of a struggle to function in this environment for declining returns. Crossing your fingers and hoping it'll get better only benefits them and wastes your time. Your images are your property and investment and they deserve better.

3 minutes ago, Jason Dudley said:

Portfolio deleted and moving on. I'm done with the neglected upload/review issues, image theft and constant decline in sales due to SS favoring low quality images that break their own rules. I have zero respect or trust for SS anymore and simply refuse to support them and their practices. Its too much of a struggle to function in this environment for declining returns. Crossing your fingers and hoping it'll get better only benefits them and wastes your time. Your images are your property and investment and they deserve better.

maybe you are right... wish you all the best. bye.

2 hours ago, Jason Dudley said:

Quality control has almost disappeared. I have a theory about this....hardly anyone is buying any images to print anymore so it doesn't really matter as long as the image looks good on their website.

50 minutes ago, Brady Barrineau said:

Quality control has almost disappeared. I have a theory about this....hardly anyone is buying any images to print anymore so it doesn't really matter as long as the image looks good on their website.

You're probably quite correct Brady. I expect that 99% of the images bought by SS' customers are used on-line and few buyers seem to care too much about technical quality. Good luck Jason, I echo your sentiments and I hope that your future endeavours work out well.  

MUCH RESPECT JASON and thank you for standing Up.  what we have now is Amateurs giving advice to Amateurs...................................Perfect. and so predictable. One of the best and unique forums ever where you could learn more about "The Craft"......is gone. And most don't even Know it, Or even care. Since almost a Month. I've been Looking a lot more closely at a LOT of ports and Im Literally  Blown away at what is getting accepted from people actually giving advice who should not be here....Period..

Thanks again Jason, You fought the good Fight. Had to come back Publicly to say that. Now I have to go say goodbye to another great friend , Then back to making some Money. I Have my semi Annual Art show coming soon. Best Of Luck to you. And if ya need anything Just ask.   And...... Yes many deserve a lot Better. I would give a Years commission to get in a time machine and go 2 years ahead and see what happened.Hopefully....what I hoped will happen.90% of you have no idea or clue what it took to get to this point and tragically...Don't care..

And No...Im not back.Just respect.

6 hours ago, Mark Godden said:

You're probably quite correct Brady. I expect that 99% of the images bought by SS' customers are used on-line and few buyers seem to care too much about technical quality. Good luck Jason, I echo your sentiments and I hope that your future endeavours work out well.  

I expect most pint advertising to disappear in less than ten years. You can already see that right here on SS.  Like Larry the Liquidator said "I'll bet the last company that made buggy whips made the best god damn buggy whip you ever saw!"