The generic milestone thread...

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some stats for those, who are interested: - More than 10% of the total downloads from 1 image only. - 5 bestsellers (= 0,4% of my port) made 20% of the total downloads. - 20 most sellin

I just reached 84,000 DLs and should have 10k photos very, very soon. My first DL was on 12/12/2012. Seventh anniversary coming up.     For those who are interested whether you ca

On the heels of an unexpected $70 SOD I have finally crawled over the $10,000 lifetime earnings threshold today. 

Posted Images

19 hours ago, Reimar said:

OK, Sari.  Thanks.  I started going through that 292 page thread and gave up.

I'll try to find it again, but the calculations were based on advertised prices. The point of cropping to only subs, was to illustrate what someone might expect at different levels, and where those numbers might be coming from. If anyone reads and looks, they can see that most of our downloads, at least for people like me, are coming from the 750 packs, and SS was paying us over 300% of what they were paid.

Yes people can say "what if" the buyer doesn't use the whole pack. OK What If the buyer DOES use the whole pack? 🤑

That's not what I was looking at, and isn't think Milestones? I don't have one, well not a true, number or anything terribly interesting, like earnings that are a radar number, but I thought this was fun.

My first accepted image was 8651233 and my most recent accepted image is 1883594065. The number for their ID:

baked-cod-dinner-broccoli-potato-600w-86

January 18, 2008 my first image image on Shutterstock. Baked Cod on a generic dinner plate. 😀

https://image.shutterstock.com/image-photo/redtailed-hawk-glides-over-lake-600w-1883594065.jpg

1,874,942,832 ID #s later (there's the milestone of sorts) Red Tail hawk soaring over fake water and a fake reflection.

When I started, the images were numbered every 3, apart. Someone else has told me, they aren't like that anymore. I haven't gone to look. But if you consider it's possible that there have been over 1 Billion images uploaded in the last 12 years, that's kind of amazing?

1 Billion and soon will be 2 Billion!

brain-exploding-300-web.jpg

New Years Brain Exploding composite, because Wendy inspired me to make it. LOL

359 days until the next kick in the stomach... I mean reset to level 1. 🤪 OK and I'll stop that now. Sorry it was just one of those thoughts and I couldn't control my bad humor tendencies.

I'll be more positive. I'm positive I made less from Microstock in 2020 than I have in many years. Farewell to 2020, here's to the future and the new decade.

Reached a new level. I now receive $0.10 instead of $0.10 before.

The download volume at shutterstock is very below average for me at the moment. But I don't believe this is due to Corona, because at other agencies the numbers are in the normal range. Nevertheless, after a long run-up, I have now at least brought it to a round number.

70000.jpg

2 hours ago, Wilm Ihlenfeld said:

The download volume at shutterstock is very below average for me at the moment. But I don't believe this is due to Corona, because at other agencies the numbers are in the normal range. Nevertheless, after a long run-up, I have now at least brought it to a round number.

70000.jpg

Congratulations Wilm.  A very impressive number.  I am glad for you that you would have received the majority of the payments for those downloads long before we all became members of the Penny Club. 

3 hours ago, Studio 2 said:

Congratulations Wilm.  A very impressive number.  I am glad for you that you would have received the majority of the payments for those downloads long before we all became members of the Penny Club. 

Hello Deb,

thank you very much!

You know: When I started here at shutterstock, I already had over a year of Fotolia behind me. I was proud and positively surprised that you could actually earn money with Microstock (which smarter people knew long before me - like Anja, for example).

With shutterstock it was like a rocket launch. It was a great start and shutterstock quickly became my favourite agency over a longer period of time. The great start motivated me to create more images, which also brought success very quickly.

The new revenue structure killed my motivation. Less income despite obviously usable and sellable images. I guess it is time to find new fields...

11 hours ago, Wilm Ihlenfeld said:

70000.jpg

Great number Wilm!

At one glance, I was looking at a black and white brush stroke that has 70000 dis. 🥶

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, paula french said:

had a milestone - for me - yesterday sold a record 369 images - all $0.10  except one $0.40 - but I'm now on level 3 - roll on more $0.10 downloads :unsure: all from Saint Paul in USA

Weird as so many were old ones from 2013 and 2015

Wow, that's amazing! Congrats, Paula!

Imagine: If all days were like this one, you'd have 11000 dls per month or 130000 per year! In that case it would be no problem to accept those 10 cents. 😎

8 hours ago, paula french said:

had a milestone - for me - yesterday sold a record 369 images - all $0.10  except one $0.40 - but I'm now on level 3 - roll on more $0.10 downloads :unsure: all from Saint Paul in USA

Weird as so many were old ones from 2013 and 2015

first-place-award-90.jpg

• 1 month later...

Well I just had my 1000 downloads a few days ago 😃

It took me 1 year and 3 month... Hopefully I will have more downloads now and reach the 2k before the end of 2021... I'm also waiting for my bestseller to reach 100 downloads (15 left)! That should be the next milestone... I'm still waiting to get my first EL too though... and more big sales... and a Nobel price 🤣

3 minutes ago, Awana JF said:

Well I just had my 1000 downloads a few days ago 😃

It took me 1 year and 3 month... Hopefully I will have more downloads now and reach the 2k before the end of 2021... I'm also waiting for my bestseller to reach 100 downloads (15 left)! That should be the next milestone... I'm still waiting to get my first EL too though... and more big sales... and a Nobel price 🤣

Congratulations, you have a number of good images there to reach your next goal.