The generic milestone thread...

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some stats for those, who are interested: - More than 10% of the total downloads from 1 image only. - 5 bestsellers (= 0,4% of my port) made 20% of the total downloads. - 20 most sellin

I just reached 84,000 DLs and should have 10k photos very, very soon. My first DL was on 12/12/2012. Seventh anniversary coming up.     For those who are interested whether you ca

On the heels of an unexpected $70 SOD I have finally crawled over the $10,000 lifetime earnings threshold today. 

Posted Images

10 hours ago, Ian_Stewart said:

Finally I have reached 1000 uploads. It’s taken me 16 months and I’m currently averaging around 30 downloads a month. 

Plenty of hard work ahead but I’m pleased to have made it this far.

Thanks also to Alex for all his help. Much appreciated. 

congrats stewart..

12 minutes ago, Stephen William Robinson said:

I know this is "small beer" to those who have been contributors for eons, but today.. I managed my 10th and 11th download. Only have a small (but growing) portfolio....but have decided to treat myself …. to a small beer. 

Congrats Stephen! I got daily downloads when i hit 700 images so you are not far away. Keep uploading and you will see more earnings!

2 minutes ago, Seleya said:

Small beans to the veterans but...It's the first time I had more that one sale (two, actually) for two days in a row. I'm stoked.

Congrats Seleya. I hope august will be a good month for you :)

2 hours ago, Anya Newrcha said:

Two milestones for today:

- I'm with SS for one month :)

- Three weeks in a row with no dls :( I know that travel/wildlife doesn't sell very well, but I had a good start and thought that it's not that bad :)

Having any kind of sales in just one month is a milestone in itself, keep on going!

I made my very first sale today! I have 68 images and joined 3 weeks ago.  A decade ago photography was a serious passion of mine, but i walked away and haven't really picked up a camera until last Christmas I asked my husband for a DSLR. I used to do only film and the transition to digital has been rough! I thought just the processing was different, but dang even just working my camera feels like a whole new puzzle.  So while trying to figure out what stock photography is all about i am also reteaching myself general photography. I'm not there yet, so even the single sale was a huge surprise (I am a pessimist). It ended up being a camera phone photo I took on vacation right before getting a real camera. I wasn't particularly fond of it, but thought it would be nice to have some variety in my portfolio. I hope my second sale is one I like more ?