The generic milestone thread...

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some stats for those, who are interested: - More than 10% of the total downloads from 1 image only. - 5 bestsellers (= 0,4% of my port) made 20% of the total downloads. - 20 most sellin

I just reached 84,000 DLs and should have 10k photos very, very soon. My first DL was on 12/12/2012. Seventh anniversary coming up.     For those who are interested whether you ca

Celebrating a milestone today... it's been slow going lately, but a $44 clip sale today got me there. 🙂  

Posted Images

7 hours ago, balajisrinivasan said:

Milestones don't come more generic than this but I learnt that I turned Level 4 yesterday.

To commemorate this glorious event, the kind people at SS showered me with 6 consecutive 10 cent sales.

32628976_Screenshot(435).png.2ede8cfe0080e45aaeb256d5f5fdde54.png

Well, the good news is that you seem to have a fan in San Antonio. Maybe they'll buy with a smaller subscription plan in the future.

Also, congrats on reaching Level 4. Get ready for some of those $0.10 sales to climb to the dizzying height of $0.13 and even $0.15!

3 hours ago, Milo J said:

Well, the good news is that you seem to have a fan in San Antonio. Maybe they'll buy with a smaller subscription plan in the future.

Also, congrats on reaching Level 4. Get ready for some of those $0.10 sales to climb to the dizzying height of $0.13 and even $0.15!

Please do not exaggerate! 15 Cent sounds like fake news.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Reimar said:

Not that I have been uploading much lately, but I just got to a round number.  I think I'll leave it there for a while:

12000.jpg

Wow!

You are hard-working - no question! For me this is an unbelievably large amount of pictures, Reimar. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you that this will be reflected in your income.

3 hours ago, C and L Perry said:

Reimar, Beautiful photos in your portfolio. NICE WORK!

3 hours ago, Wilm Ihlenfeld said:

Wow!

You are hard-working - no question! For me this is an unbelievably large amount of pictures, Reimar. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you that this will be reflected in your income.

Thank you both.  I was quite productive years ago when I was working and still managed two trips a year and lots of local outings.  Now that I'm retired (and just bought a new house) image creation is taking a back seat.  Still, when things settle down I'll get back into a picture taking rhythm because I love it, never mind the low prices.

7 minutes ago, Reimar said:

Thank you both.  I was quite productive years ago when I was working and still managed two trips a year and lots of local outings.  Now that I'm retired (and just bought a new house) image creation is taking a back seat.  Still, when things settle down I'll get back into a picture taking rhythm because I love it, never mind the low prices.

Hello Reimar,

you weren't just productive. As far as I remember, you always expanded your portfolio at a high level. I definitely have respect for that!

Now I just wanted to have a look at what you have recently photographed, but I get an error message when I click on "my image portfolio" below your name. Something is not right there.

1 hour ago, Reimar said:

Yes, well done Wilm.  That is a mind boggling number.  I'm still trying to get past the 2 digit numbers I have.

Thanks a lot, Reimar!

As you can see, I have uploaded the image 2012. Back then, things were very different here than they are today. And those of the contributors who were here much earlier than me know such breathtaking numbers as 30000 downloads - for a single image.

Anyway: The photo is one of the best paid images I have ever taken. It did not cost me 3 minutes. Add to that the keywording and the upload. Nevertheless: converted the hourly wage is gigantic! I just had some lucky hits like that one and I am very happy about it.

It would be nice if that were still possible today, but those days are simply over.