dcurzon

The generic milestone thread...

On 6/23/2020 at 10:59 AM, Little Adventures said:

Experiment: Within the last year from May 2019 till now, I submitted 100 pictures taken by phone to see Myself on how they were/ were not selling: crossed over 100 USD in total yesterday with them with 199 downloads, a bit under average return per download compared to my overall portfolio. 

Tiny money milestone, I am aware of it but that wasn’t the point of this milestone for me. 

It is not that even phone pictures wouldn’t sell. Everything sells as long as it is valuable/ gives value in any kind. 

Cool! But how can you tell if this 199dl/$100 all came from your cell phone photos? You kept some separate, detailed record apart from your overall portfolio and other downloads? And I assume you still did at least some basic postprocessing on them? Or you uploaded them "raw" from the mobile? Just curious. It's gotta be difficult to get blurred backgrounds (like your "trademark" vinery/grape yard images) with mobile phones, no? Or those were all by a proper camera? In any case nice achievement. 

A tiny "benchmark" for me yesterday the 50th DL of one image (another 20 DL of the same at iS), which also made it to the very top of the SS search out of 29750-ish images. A Ginkgo tree leaf : ). I took it some 3+ years ago with a tiny Lumix pocket camera. SS rejected it twice before I hammered it thru! Tells you how much (little) reviewers know! Tempting to delete it now here. Just bugs me to know that SS makes (according to statistics) $3.40 on images average, while they throw me 10-12 cents. If it started to sell at Dolby, I would chuck it here, but it doesn't sell at AS for some reason, nor at DT. 

5 hours ago, Blue Corner Studio said:

Cool! But how can you tell if this 199dl/$100 all came from your cell phone photos? You kept some separate, detailed record apart from your overall portfolio and other downloads? And I assume you still did at least some basic postprocessing on them? Or you uploaded them "raw" from the mobile? Just curious.

Yes, I created a set for phone pictures for SS. Edited and tagged them lightly on the pc though, for me on the phone directly I would need to spend more time doing that plus I cannot submit so easily to different platforms.
Didn´t track them on other platforms though, but phone pictures sell even on A***Y, would just have to track them differently then by hand then, that´s why I didn´t do it.

Blur is still difficult with my phone, at least not entirely how I would like it to look like. But overall my dslr camera is eigher quite shitty or my phone really good.

1 hour ago, Little Adventures said:

Yes, I created a set for phone pictures for SS. Edited and tagged them lightly on the pc though, for me on the phone directly I would need to spend more time doing that plus I cannot submit so easily to different platforms.
Didn´t track them on other platforms though, but phone pictures sell even on A***Y, would just have to track them differently then by hand then, that´s why I didn´t do it.

Blur is still difficult with my phone, at least not entirely how I would like it to look like. But overall my dslr camera is eigher quite shitty or my phone really good.

: ). thanks Little Adventures! I truly admire your phone (and your skills and sense to what may sell) cuz none (!!) of my 538 photos at Alamy ever sold. not one. that's partly the reason why I haven' closed my ss account yet. because even if it's just 10 cents here, but at least they sell. any other site (except for iS) is very, very slow for me and I just need to see that some of my photos do sell at whatever price (or more precisely regardless of my share of the price). otherwise I would have given it up long time ago all together.   

Sort of a bittersweet milestone, given the recent events... but finally got my first "sold for the 100th time".

1 hour ago, Milo J said:

Sort of a bittersweet milestone, given the recent events... but finally got my first "sold for the 100th time".

Congrats!! I have an other 50 to go just to match you : ). But it's a moving target. By then you will be probably at 200. Did the app send you a note at 100 too? That people love that image and add more like it?

28 minutes ago, Blue Corner Studio said:

Congrats!! I have an other 50 to go just to match you : ). But it's a moving target. By then you will be probably at 200. Did the app send you a note at 100 too? That people love that image and add more like it?

Definitely a moving target 🙂  I don't get notifications from the app anymore, but ever once in a while I open it and I happened to catch this one. Not going to add more pics like it - that would only jeopardize my ranking for this one.

I was telling a youtuber in August last year how after 6 months of being on SS I had made $66 which I was pretty happy with at the time as I could see things beginning to pick up. Though sales have been like a wet mop this month, it's now a further 11 months later and have passed $1066 on SS.

Congratulations Steve. I can't quote you and I can't tag you and I can't give you an emoticon. That's excellent. Here's is an imaginary beer. Cheers!

Thank you. I went back to my planet of origin Steven for a holiday. Just returned to Earth. Which reminds me of a great song - 'Drops of Jupiter'.

On 7/25/2020 at 10:53 AM, Steven Tritton said:

I was telling a youtuber in August last year how after 6 months of being on SS I had made $66 which I was pretty happy with at the time as I could see things beginning to pick up. Though sales have been like a wet mop this month, it's now a further 11 months later and have passed $1066 on SS.

Steven, great!
How did you manage to turn the tide?
I have been for over a year now and I also have almost no sales.

10 minutes ago, Tim photo-video said:

Steven, great!
How did you manage to turn the tide?
I have been for over a year now and I also have almost no sales.

Thanks Tim! Last month was a complete one-off fluke where I earned basically one-fifth of my lifetime earnings in a single day! But generally things were steadily heading upwards until April and I put this down to growing the video port. Video sales generally make much more per download than images. Actually I see you have a lot of videos already. Your videos aren't selling much?   

13 minutes ago, Steven Tritton said:

Thanks Tim! Last month was a complete one-off fluke where I earned basically one-fifth of my lifetime earnings in a single day! But generally things were steadily heading upwards until April and I put this down to growing the video port. Video sales generally make much more per download than images. Actually I see you have a lot of videos already. Your videos aren't selling much?   

Videos are hardly sold either. In recent months there has been 1 sale for $ 7.

I got my 100th sale today, even though the new tier isn't as exciting as it used to be, it's still a nice milestone.

Also reached 20 DLs for 2 of my images last week too.

100.PNG

Celebrating a milestone today... it's been slow going lately, but a $44 clip sale today got me there. 🙂

1639994399_ScreenShot2020-08-26at6_06_08PM.png.5e55d38282cc8347df7101c229773d39.png

6 hours ago, Milo J said:

Celebrating a milestone today... it's been slow going lately, but a $44 clip sale today got me there. 🙂

1639994399_ScreenShot2020-08-26at6_06_08PM.png.5e55d38282cc8347df7101c229773d39.png

Congrats to your milestone, Milo!

Was going to share a personal milestone I made this year but thought to capture the moment as it paused at this curious point:

image.png.84c29e25b6cd2b34f20838066d637f0a.png

I'm confident it will tick over the 1k mark some time between now and the end of the year. ;)

Anyway, this may be pocket change for many but when I compare my current year to last year when I started uploading in February, I see some pretty encouraging growth. 

My total earnings over 10.5 months in 2019 were $263.42. Whereas this year at about 8.5 months so far and it is not too far from four times this amount.

Another interesting bit of data is that images make up 26% and video 74% of the 2020 earnings.

On 8/27/2020 at 4:05 AM, Milo J said:

Congratulations! Good number in bad times! And to a many more ... good numbers, ofcourse! ;)

23 minutes ago, Steven Tritton said:

Was going to share a personal milestone I made this year but thought to capture the moment as it paused at this curious point:

I'm confident it will tick over the 1k mark some time between now and the end of the year. ;)

Anyway, this may be pocket change for many but when I compare my current year to last year when I started uploading in February, I see some pretty encouraging growth. 

My total earnings over 10.5 months in 2019 were $263.42. Whereas this year at about 8.5 months so far and it is not too far from four times this amount.

Another interesting bit of data is that images make up 26% and video 74% of the 2020 earnings.

Congratulations, and to more such numbers! ;)

6 hours ago, Steven Tritton said:

Nice catch on that fun number, and very nice returns overall!