dcurzon

The generic milestone thread...

1 hour ago, icsnaps said:

This month was a shaky start but this week picked up especially nicely. Nay, this whole year has been shaky since the start but I passed a milestone today... Hope everyones staying healthy

Screenshot 2020-05-14 at 12.02.32.png

Very good! When did you start selling here?

12 hours ago, icsnaps said:

This month was a shaky start but this week picked up especially nicely. Nay, this whole year has been shaky since the start but I passed a milestone today... Hope everyones staying healthy

Screenshot 2020-05-14 at 12.02.32.png

amazing! well done 🙂

I'm reluctant to post anything after seeing the superlative revenue reports by Konstanin L and icsnaps but given the fact that I don't shoot video and I only have a 3000+ portfolio of mostly landscape, travel and nature images, I'm still happy with the numbers.  

As shown by the screen print of my Earnings Summary, I finally reached $30,000,00 in SS earnings (just like Doug Jensen).  It took me a little longer, OK, a lot longer but it's still a lot more than I thought I would earn when I first started.   

img004.jpg

Thanks Wilm.  I knew someone was going to ask that question and spoil it for me.  About the same time Konstanin L. did.  No, I'm not going to make it easy.  I knew Doug made his 30k annually but it was my attempt to acknowledge as many of the REAL big earners in my post.  Sorry, I missed you and Milleflore Images. 

5 hours ago, Steve Bower said:

Thanks Wilm.  I knew someone was going to ask that question and spoil it for me.  About the same time Konstanin L. did.  No, I'm not going to make it easy.  I knew Doug made his 30k annually but it was my attempt to acknowledge as many of the REAL big earners in my post.  Sorry, I missed you and Milleflore Images. 

Oh, I'm sorry, Steve.

I didn't mean to hurt you in any way. It's really a great milestone and I meant it. Even your RPD seems above average in my eyes, considering you don't offer videos.

I was just curious.

And in contrast to Konstantin L., milleflore images, icsnaps, Doug Jensen and many others, I am only a small light here.

Every milestone counts, as it is a personal experience for each of us. Our milestones may pale in comparison to other people's numbers - but that doesn't take the joy out of reaching them.

1 hour ago, Milo J said:

Every milestone counts, as it is a personal experience for each of us. Our milestones may pale in comparison to other people's numbers - but that doesn't take the joy out of reaching them.

This is not to sound like an excuse, but it is really difficult for someone whose native language is not english to write exactly what you really mean.

Thank you, Milo, you've put it in much better words than I have.

10 hours ago, Steve Bower said:

I'm reluctant to post anything after seeing the superlative revenue reports by Konstanin L and icsnaps but given the fact that I don't shoot video and I only have a 3000+ portfolio of mostly landscape, travel and nature images, I'm still happy with the numbers.  

As shown by the screen print of my Earnings Summary, I finally reached $30,000,00 in SS earnings (just like Doug Jensen).  It took me a little longer, OK, a lot longer but it's still a lot more than I thought I would earn when I first started.   

img004.jpg

This is a great milestone, don't worry about others figures, we're all on different journeys with different experiences... Well done again and thanks of sharing :) 

1 hour ago, Steve Bower said:

icsnaps,

Thanks for the encouragement!  I wish I could do what you do but I'm in love with nature and have no desire to shoot anything else. 

Steve fantastic results. Do you still see the download numbers and $$ today or have these slowed down for you over time?

Steve,

Earnings and downloads are about half what they use to be in the good old days.  It's still worth my time and I still love photography and the challenge to do it better than I did it yesterday but it's definitely not as rewarding.  The truth of the matter is, I would continue to do it even if I didn't make any money.   

17 hours ago, Steve Bower said:

img004.jpg

Congratulations Steve !  That’s a big number 😄👍

19 hours ago, Steve Bower said:

img004.jpg

Congratulations Amazing Stats

8 hours ago, Steve Bower said:

Wilm,

I want to assure you, I took no offence at what you said, none at all.  Few people understand my "humor" even if they've spoken English all their lives.   

That reassures me, Steve. It's really not that easy to understand the subtleties of a foreign language.

I wish you continued sales!

5 minutes ago, Wilm Ihlenfeld said:

That reassures me, Steve. It's really not that easy to understand the subtleties of a foreign language.

I wish you continued sales!

I admire the people on the forums who speak English as a second language. And incidentally you are always courteous. In any written text, whether in your first language or not, there is always room for misunderstanding. My dry and slightly mischievous sense of humour got me into trouble recently...

4 minutes ago, Studio 2 said:

I admire the people on the forums who speak English as a second language. And incidentally you are always courteous. In any written text, whether in your first language or not, there is always room for misunderstanding. My dry and slightly mischievous sense of humour got me into trouble recently...

Thanks, Deb,

as Steve wrote above, you always have a friendly comment. :)