The generic milestone thread...

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I just reached 84,000 DLs and should have 10k photos very, very soon. My first DL was on 12/12/2012. Seventh anniversary coming up.     For those who are interested whether you ca

Some stats for those, who are interested: - More than 10% of the total downloads from 1 image only. - 5 bestsellers (= 0,4% of my port) made 20% of the total downloads. - 20 most sellin

Celebrating a milestone today... it's been slow going lately, but a $44 clip sale today got me there. 🙂  

Posted Images

I just reached 84,000 DLs and should have 10k photos very, very soon. My first DL was on 12/12/2012. Seventh anniversary coming up.

84k.jpg

For those who are interested whether you can still make those sort of DLs today, yes, 2015 to 2016 were my mega DL years but I still make around 10K+ DLs a year here on SS.

30 minutes ago, Milleflore Images said:

I just reached 84,000 DLs and should have 10k photos very, very soon. My first DL was on 12/12/2012. Seventh anniversary coming up.

84k.jpg

For those who are interested whether you can still make those sort of DLs today, yes, 2015 to 2016 were my mega DL years but I still make around 10K+ DLs a year here on SS.

This is amazing and very inspiring, what a nice portfolio. Thank you so much for sharing your stats.

7 hours ago, Milleflore Images said:

84k.jpg

a big big congratulations to you...its time for celebration.

9 hours ago, Milleflore Images said:

84k.jpg

Congrats! Amazing effort.

10 hours ago, Milleflore Images said:

84k.jpg

You have a very beautiful portfolio, so this is well deserved! Congrats to you!

17 hours ago, Milleflore Images said:

84k.jpg

Awesome awesome awesome. Very well done to you young lady :)  Very well deserved indeed. Quality port

I found my first photo uploaded, baked cod with broccoli.

baked-cod-dinner-broccoli-potato-250nw-8

9 DLs $2.05 earnings since (hey that's under 25¢?)

1/18/08 😄 Mostly now I know, I thought I didn't start until the end of 2008.

Also uploaded same day, that's the first test photo group,

205DLs $92.96 earned  1/18/08 (45¢ RPD)

My 18th photo uploaded (this just shows why I thought I didn't start until the end of 2008)
37 $48.35 11/17/08 $1.30 RPD - 11 years!

November? 🥂 Makes me wonder if the dates are right? That's about one photo a month.

Little milestones, hope that was fun.

Thought I'd share some good news: the download fairy is still out there. She was very good to me yesterday.  🙂

First I woke up to a video sale that catapulted me into the third earnings tier (Who-hoo!), and later that same day I got my largest image sale ever, a $28 SOD. (Wouldn't I love to know why that person bought it, and for what purpose!!)

This month also marks my second year anniversary contributing images to Shutterstock, and I would like to thank the many good folks who have helped me along the way, navigating the ins and outs of this business.

18 hours ago, Milo J said:

This month also marks my second year anniversary contributing images to Shutterstock

I realized I need to put a disclaimer on this statement. I started to upload photos to SS two years ago, but I already had a couple of videos sitting forgotten in my port in 2014. Those earned me $400 between 2014 and 2017 (AKA the tail end of the "good old times"), so I would not be where I am right now without those sales.  

18 hours ago, Milo J said:

Thought I'd share some good news: the download fairy is still out there. She was very good to me yesterday.  🙂

First I woke up to a video sale that catapulted me into the third earnings tier (Who-hoo!), and later that same day I got my largest image sale ever, a $28 SOD. (Wouldn't I love to know why that person bought it, and for what purpose!!)

This month also marks my second year anniversary contributing images to Shutterstock, and I would like to thank the many good folks who have helped me along the way, navigating the ins and outs of this business.

Congratulations ! After two years already in the third tier - who-hoo indeed 😄👍 

19 hours ago, Milo J said:

Congrats, Milo!

12 hours ago, Erich Karnberger said:

Started a week ago as a newbie on Shutterstock. After a lot of effort and also a lot of rejections finally managed to pass 300 uploads today. Now waiting for the downloads to come in return

Congrats! You are uploading at a decent speed. Downloads will follow. You have a diverse portfolio. Like your potato shots : ). Original. Will they sell? Who knows. Stranger things happened, but they are funny. 

2 hours ago, Istvan Balogh said:

Congrats! You are uploading at a decent speed. Downloads will follow. You have a diverse portfolio. Like your potato shots : ). Original. Will they sell? Who knows. Stranger things happened, but they are funny. 

Thanks ! Just had my first sale over night. Continue uploading and work through my backlog

24 minutes ago, Istvan Balogh said:

Wow! Congrats. I still remember my first download. I had probably close to 450 uploads at that time. So you are far ahead of that! Good for you. 

Lets hope it stays like this. I still need to get used to the rejection modalities at SS. Lot of my best selling images on other sites are not fit to be uploaded here !!!

2 hours ago, Erich Karnberger said:

Lets hope it stays like this. I still need to get used to the rejection modalities at SS. Lot of my best selling images on other sites are not fit to be uploaded here !!!

Join the club mate : ). 98% of my photos "rejected" by SS fly through review at other micro agencies. And they also sell at those micro sites!! Nothing unusual. Their loss! What can I say?! And I am just starting to develop another theory about rejections. We already know that the worst possible time to submit is weekends! Very high rejection rates. There are discussion threads on it here. But I take it one step further. Now with the fast turnover and review time I am also noticing as if they turned off the manual (human) review for overnight (New York time) and let the robots do the damage at free will (not in focus, noise, artifects...) what have you. Pretty much on autopilot at its worst. So I am only submitting from now on during day time (North American time). I have no patience for idiot robots or programs. 

11 minutes ago, Istvan Balogh said:

Join the club mate : ). 98% of my photos "rejected" by SS fly through review at other micro agencies. And they also sell at those micro sites!! Nothing unusual. Their loss! What can I say?! And I am just starting to develop another theory about rejections. We already know that the worst possible time to submit is weekends! Very high rejection rates. There are discussion threads on it here. But I take it one step further. Now with the fast turnover and review time I am also noticing as if they turned off the manual (human) review for overnight (New York time) and let the robots do the damage at free will (not in focus, noise, artifects...) what have you. Pretty much on autopilot at its worst. So I am only submitting from now on during day time (North American time). I have no patience for idiot robots or programs. 

I am fully on your page with this. Actually all my best sellers from other sites got rejected here. I am not bothered. As you said it is their loss on salable products