The generic milestone thread...

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I just reached 84,000 DLs and should have 10k photos very, very soon. My first DL was on 12/12/2012. Seventh anniversary coming up.     For those who are interested whether you ca

Some stats for those, who are interested: - More than 10% of the total downloads from 1 image only. - 5 bestsellers (= 0,4% of my port) made 20% of the total downloads. - 20 most sellin

Celebrating a milestone today... it's been slow going lately, but a $44 clip sale today got me there. 🙂  

Posted Images

My milestone is moving away from stock. This is where I rediscovered my photography passion. A couple of neat shots on my phone that I thought might sell, then some rather awful macro shots, and finally some real "stock" photos that sell all the time. I somehow managed to find a tiny little niche inside a tiny little niche that I seem to have the market on and all that from a free photo shoot I did for a cousin. This side hustle was only supposed to pay for some new gear.  Almost two years later, I've got a full camera bag, a small portfolio of passive income, and am breaking into family photography. I'm just starting, but I've made more in two weeks of family photography than in two years of stock. Something that was a hobby became a side hustle and it's now potentially an actual career. So stock can stay right here, making me a little extra sometimes, maybe I'll throw them a new picture on occasion, but I won't be chasing pennies as much any more. 

3 hours ago, Amanda Wayne said:

I'm just starting, but I've made more in two weeks of family photography than in two years of stock. Something that was a hobby became a side hustle and it's now potentially an actual career. 

Congrats Amanda. That sounds really exciting.

October, all of a sudden, ended up being $3 short of BME.

It is the best ever in terms of RPD. I've earned $1.549 per download during the month.

Downloads were not numerous at all, which, of course, contributed to the high RPD number. Lady Luck smiled at me: 2 ELs ($27 & $36), 2 sizable SODs ($28 each) and 4 clip sales ($13 lowest, $40 highest)

October was good to me as well. Made BME (by a mere $0.42, but still), passed 2,000 downloads, and got my first "sold for the 50th time" notification. I'm expecting November / December to be much lower, as I don't really have any winter or holiday pics. We'll see.

October was my best month by far. Really happy with the result. Did not have any big sales at all unfortunately, but the overall download number was large and at least I had many ODs that helped with the overall result. Adobe still beat Shutterstock by almost 50% though...

Now let's see what the new month has in store.

7 hours ago, Firn said:

October was my best month by far. Really happy with the result. Did not have any big sales at all unfortunately, but the overall download number was large and at least I had many ODs that helped with the overall result. Adobe still beat Shutterstock by almost 50% though...

Now let's see what the new month has in store.

Congrats to your BME!