The generic milestone thread...

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I just reached 84,000 DLs and should have 10k photos very, very soon. My first DL was on 12/12/2012. Seventh anniversary coming up.     For those who are interested whether you ca

Some stats for those, who are interested: - More than 10% of the total downloads from 1 image only. - 5 bestsellers (= 0,4% of my port) made 20% of the total downloads. - 20 most sellin

Celebrating a milestone today... it's been slow going lately, but a $44 clip sale today got me there. 🙂  

Posted Images

On 6/15/2019 at 12:46 PM, Darcy Perkins said:

Following up from this,

I've now hit 8 downloads for June (14 days in), making also my best $ month

To follow up, I finished on 17 downloads for June, and obviously maintained the best $ month title at that point.

Currently, with two days left of July I am sitting at 16 downloads but with nearly 3x the $ value of the 17 downloads from June, obviously making July by far the best month for total $ value.

I have noticed that (so far) downloads can come in waves - some days I get 4, others I get zero. I'm averaging 0.56 downloads a day which isn't huge, but I'm pleasantly surprised by the average $ value per sale.

I have also hardly uploaded anything at all over the month of July - not sure if this makes any measurable difference to performance of existing uploads or not. I will start uploading again a bit more consistently for August. I think 1,000 total photos in the port is a good and achievable goal for this month.

• 1 month later...
12 hours ago, Darcy Perkins said:

Just hit the $35 threshold a day ago, after about 2-3 months of actively uploading on a casual basis. I've decided to put my payout limit at $300 though, because $35 into my account won't really make much of a difference to me. Lets see if I can hit $300 by the end of the year...

Just leave it in PayPal if you prefer, then it’s there for a new lens or whatever.

40 minutes ago, Leonard Whistler said:
  • My Shutterstock milestone is reaching my first  Minimum Payout of $35.00.
  • As you can see from the chart below my downloads really picked up during the last 5 months.
  • I have 414 images in my portfolio.

:)

1794112123_Screenshotat2019-08-3121-31-50.thumb.png.29852a5e4c052a15f1e4559abaa52e96.png

Congratulations on your first payout.
What conclusions do you draw from this result for your future submissions?

Despite the number of downloads slightly lower than the previous months, thanks to some excellent "Single & other" downloads, this will be the first month since the year and a half that I am active here, where I reached the minimum payout, in fact almost reaching double of the minimum threshold.
I already know that in the coming months I will hardly have the same luck, but it is a great satisfaction!

image.png.5a417de5d7aea2067d06311b72ebcd47.png

• 3 weeks later...

Took my largest sale today.

First time seller (uploaded a few months ago), and an editorial at that, and my first "enhanced"

$19.80 I nearly fell off my chair!

(Since taking the photo, the building has been partially knocked down and rebuilt, so thought it might make a 0.25 sale or 2 with local media, was not expecting nearly $20. Ironically, it sold on the other side of the world rather than local)

Goes to show you never know what the customer might want. This is about 3 minutes stroll from my house, so shoot local, you might be the only person shooting it. 

harlow-england-13-march-2019-600w-133752