dcurzon

The generic milestone thread...

36 minutes ago, Danny Ye said:

almost 3 months in SS now, only 18 downloads, quite slow, but today got the first "Single & other", help me reach 50% of my first target (35 USD) suddenly, really happy now.

congrats Danny!!! I have been here roughly same time as  you and also got my first "On Demand" yesterday... it's encouraging :) let's keep going...

Just now, Roxane 134 said:

congrats Danny!!! I have been here roughly same time as  you and also got my first "On Demand" yesterday... it's encouraging :) let's keep going...

thanks for your words and sharing, wish good luck for both of us:P

My milestones are

1. Every 1000 accepted uploads (I only load photos I like and reached to 1400 in 3 months) - little celebration with a glass of wine

2. 100 USD income - better celebration by buying a dinner to my wife

3. Selling a footage - shouting out from my window

🙂

4. 10 downloads in a day (not everyday) - will be telling about it to everyone I see

2 hours ago, bmphotographer said:

Recently ticked over the 10,000 sales milestone! :)

1931341818_ScreenShot2019-05-20at2_12_32pm.thumb.jpg.89b067fc13c527ebb1c79c4c5671d56d.jpg

Your portfolio is a pleasure for the eyes. A lot of beautiful and very stocky images with perfect quality. Not a big port, but a useful one. 

I guess, that you started uploading 3 years ago?

However: I'm sure, that we will read more of your milestone posts in future. Congratulations to this well-deserved performance!

3 hours ago, bmphotographer said:

1931341818_ScreenShot2019-05-20at2_12_32pm.thumb.jpg.89b067fc13c527ebb1c79c4c5671d56d.jpg

Wow!

A big congrats for your first 10k DLs. Totally agree on what Wilm said about how pleasing your portfolio is to the eyes, your images are really well crafted and stunning! 

Here to wish you many more 10k.

cheers!

4 hours ago, bmphotographer said:

Congratulations, and stunning Aussie portfolio. Particularly your Western Australia footage 🙂

While I cannot compare with the large number of downloads as some of our other contributors having not been here very long and still learning every day, nevertheless, today I reached the same number of downloads in 2019 as I achieved for the whole of 2018.

34 minutes ago, Charles Lewis said:

While I cannot compare with the large number of downloads as some of our other contributors having not been here very long and still learning every day, nevertheless, today I reached the same number of downloads in 2019 as I achieved for the whole of 2018.

That sounds very good! Congratulations! 

On 5/20/2019 at 4:23 PM, Wilm Ihlenfeld said:

Your portfolio is a pleasure for the eyes. A lot of beautiful and very stocky images with perfect quality. Not a big port, but a useful one. 

I guess, that you started uploading 3 years ago?

However: I'm sure, that we will read more of your milestone posts in future. Congratulations to this well-deserved performance!

Thanks to everyone!

Yes, my first month was in June 2016 with just 2 sales. My portfolio and sales have slowly but steadily been increasing since then. Currently averaging approx. 550-650 sales per month :)

2 hours ago, bmphotographer said:

Thanks to everyone!

Yes, my first month was in June 2016 with just 2 sales. My portfolio and sales have slowly but steadily been increasing since then. Currently averaging approx. 550-650 sales per month :)

Great! See you soon when posting the 20.000 milestone here! :)

3 hours ago, bmphotographer said:

Thanks to everyone!

Congrats on a great port and the fact that in these 'difficult' times you are increasing your rate of downloads. 10K+ dls in less than 3 years with only 1400 images and 550-650dls/month is really good going (these days)!

My 'glory' days (the easy money) are long past and I suppose I should be grateful for what I've had (dls now @ ~120-150/month but have been @ 400/month). Here's a screen shot from March this year (started June 2012).

NickyPiccy150 2019-03-07, 08_38_15A.jpg

Just now, Wilm Ihlenfeld said:

Congratulations, Steve! :) 28 DLs per image is an impressing success in my opinion!

Thanks Wilm. It's not too bad but to be fair one has to divide those 28DLs/image by the number of years which gives me an average of 4. BMP's average is 2.4 but those averages are far more difficult to achieve in the last 3 years....so....... relevant comparisons are difficult!

17 minutes ago, stevemart said:

Thanks Wilm. It's not too bad but to be fair one has to divide those 28DLs/image by the number of years which gives me an average of 4. BMP's average is 2.4 but those averages are far more difficult to achieve in the last 3 years....so....... relevant comparisons are difficult!

What is BMP?

On 5/13/2019 at 2:19 PM, Roxane 134 said:

congratulations Roxane 

3 hours ago, jean-francois.me said:

congratulations Roxane 

thanks so much...my first bit of exciting news here! ;) ....a change from subs, subs, and more subs....

3 hours ago, dcurzon said:

In the app, got my first

"People love this image! Sold for the 20th time"

notification, and also a "sold for the first time" notification 

Not the same image sadly

Sorta glad I don't have a smartphone and app. I find most announcements like, "Congratulations, yesterday you made 'X' dollars" rather demeaning and caused me to turn off the AS reporting immediately. Previously FT/AS reported only on the actual image sold + price which was useful info. World map and cold, hard stats are fine for me. Dunno what SS reports in the app when an image has sold more than 1,000 times?? "We love this image and many others do too. Expletive, expletive you've made us both a fortune with this one...give us more!" 🤣