dcurzon

The generic milestone thread...

13 hours ago, Reimar said:

Well done!  I just got a SOD for $22.58 (my best yet) but your's looks much better.

Still no EL download for me either.  Seems that may have gone the way of the Dodo bird.

This image and also the cats are asking for a EL sale :). Love it. I am sure @Milleflore Images will also do. 

I am sorry to repeat... but everytime I see your port I am amazed how large it is without any spam plus top quality. I really enjoy watching your photos. So much to learn from you.

sister-love-biting-neck-brother-450w-1300631089.jpg

I was very happy to pass the 100 for the first time.

It took a year plus a few days.

101.JPG.f181f50b1e1ae42146650e4cab94c575.JPG

Although I still don't understand why the buyers chose this picture, in my PF are much better photos of the landscape Wadi Rum.

Seems to have a lot to do with chance.  

2 minutes ago, geogif said:

Although I still don't understand why the buyers chose this picture, in my PF are much better photos of the landscape Wadi Rum.

Because this photo is at the forefront of search result, because of the many sales. 

1 minute ago, Petar Mladenov said:

Because this photo is at the forefront of search result, because of the many sales.

Sure, after som sales, thats true. 

But in the beginning, before the first sale, it stood besides other better fotos I took in Wadi Rum. 

The factor "luck" is obviously more important as we wish. 

Incredible milestone, congrats.
Meanwhile (after initial scepticism) I am convinced that you will reach your goal. Super. 

22 minutes ago, Grossinger said:

I should do 100 images per day.

100 photos a day are basically possible for most photographers, I think. 
The problem (for me) would not be the number of photos, but the avoidance of similars and especially the KWs. 

Really hard work.

I'm here for one week, have 100 pictures in my port, and today I got my very first download! 

I know I will never earn any noticeable money selling my images, but I am soooo excited someone actually liked one of my photos and even payed for it! Making a happy dance right now. :)

cucumber-mint-lime-granita-450w-13649589

1 minute ago, trif said:

I'm here for one week, have 100 pictures in my port, and today I got my very first download! 

I know I will never earn any noticeable money selling my images, but I am soooo excited someone actually liked one of my photos and even payed for it! Making a happy dance right now. :)

congratulations trif. WIsh you many more..

3 hours ago, trif said:

Well done! I can see why that image sold.

Well I finally did it - I got all my backlog of images up on SS.  Only 10 have been pending for two days, but being editorial they will go through.

It took me four months to get just over 11,000 images up.  Now I can sit back and let the money pore in 😄.

Actually, after just under 1000 downloads I still haven't reached the $500 milestone (I'm at $400).  Plus I need to start shooting again.  I think I forgot how to operate my D850!

41 minutes ago, Reimar said:

Well I finally did it - I got all my backlog of images up on SS.  Only 10 have been pending for two days, but being editorial they will go through.

It took me four months to get just over 11,000 images up.  Now I can sit back and let the money pore in 😄.

Actually, after just under 1000 downloads I still haven't reached the $500 milestone (I'm at $400).  Plus I need to start shooting again.  I think I forgot how to operate my D850!

good work.  that's impressive.

1 hour ago, Reimar said:

Very nice!

Would be interesting to show some of those Alamy die-hard RManagers some of your results SS vs Alamy. I think you’ll do quite well here...

55 minutes ago, Alexandre Rotenberg said:

Would be interesting to show some of those Alamy die-hard RManagers some of your results SS vs Alamy. I think you’ll do quite well here...

Funny you should mention that.  For the first time SS is ahead of Alamy income for me.  Only $60 net so far this month versus over $100 here.  Although it is painful to see $0.25 downloads, things are not going well over there.

2 minutes ago, Reimar said:

Although it is painful to see $0.25 downloads, things are not going well over there.

Having a terrible month there.

Here I'm on pace for BME...

You'll have your pay bump soon and will be a big one 25cents ---> 33cents, also on other types of licenses. 

24 minutes ago, Grossinger said:

I can't talks about good months, bad months or what is popular. Every month is much better than the previous month but nothing to brag about.
Sales are increasing but damn,  I sure as hell work hard enough for them.
People forget I'm a raw newbie. A novice. Today is my 102d day with Shutterstock.
I will know a lot more when I reach my initial goal of 10,000 images and even a lot more when I complete a year.
Right now I don't have anything to compare to, so I just keep uploading.

do you review what sells as you go along, or will wait for 10000 downloads?  

8 hours ago, Grossinger said:

Not really because my downloads are all over the place on all sorts of subjects.
The only thing that stands out is the border fence and the migrants.
They keep selling and selling, which totally skews my numbers at this point in time.
It's also why I spent a lot of time and effort on the subject yesterday, doing more shots of the border fence.
Which is why I happen to think all those posts about miraculous 500 image (ever notice it's always 500?) ports are stupid as shit.
Anybody that makes only one of something that sells like hot cakes is a dumb ass.
So yeah, I react to what goes on in the news, what sells on my port and so on.
The rest of my images don't make up a clear pattern, the sales are all over the place.

thanks for the update.  yeah, I'm not as extreme as you, but I don't understand if you find a subject matter that works, why you wouldn't develop more on the concept if you claim to be a stock photographer (I have a friend who is a traveller photographer, who uploaded to stock in addition since it was free money and that I think is different) .

On ‎4‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 5:18 PM, MircoV said:

This image and also the cats are asking for a EL sale :). Love it. I am sure @Milleflore Images will also do. 

I am sorry to repeat... but everytime I see your port I am amazed how large it is without any spam plus top quality. I really enjoy watching your photos. So much to learn from you.

sister-love-biting-neck-brother-450w-1300631089.jpg

Yes, Mirco. They are absolutely gorgeous. My 17 yo cat died in January, it was heartbreaking so I got two little ones similar to these. 

23 minutes ago, Milleflore Images said:

Yes, Mirco. They are absolutely gorgeous. My 17 yo cat died in January, it was heartbreaking so I got two little ones similar to these. 

Cool :)

Show us with a picture :). It is also somekind of Millestone to have new cats at home :)