dcurzon

The generic milestone thread...

On 1/14/2019 at 4:19 PM, Stephen William Robinson said:

The last days of December 2018 gave me a series of "firsts".... my first heart attack... my first angiogram, swiftly followed by my first angioplasty and then a stent.

I know this pales into insignificance compared to those who've uploaded a few images but haven't made any sales or only made a few cents from images or videos,

but Hey.... Bring on 2019. A belated Happy New Year to you all. Steve.

Sorry to hear that - lets hope 2019 is a better year for you with good generic milestones!  Good Luck

3 hours ago, Charles Lewis said:

Those are quite some 'firsts'. Best wishes for a speedy recovery and I hope that future firsts are both more mundane and photography related.

Hi Charles,

Thanks for your message.... I'm a positive person and it wasn't my time. Already started to get back behind the lens. All the best, Steve.

3 hours ago, paula french said:

Sorry to hear that - lets hope 2019 is a better year for you with good generic milestones!  Good Luck

Hi Paula,

Thank you for your kind message, I've always been a "pot half full" person... it wasn't my time! Have already been back out behind the lens. Kind regards, Steve

On January 14, 2019 at 8:19 AM, Stephen William Robinson said:

The last days of December 2018 gave me a series of "firsts".... my first heart attack... my first angiogram, swiftly followed by my first angioplasty and then a stent.

I know this pales into insignificance compared to those who've uploaded a few images but haven't made any sales or only made a few cents from images or videos,

Definitely not a fun way to end out the year! I had my first heart attach in April last year so I feel your pain, but mine wasn't fixable (except for the hole to heal up). And no telling when the next one will come as they don't know what causes them either (caused by fibromuskular dysphasia so I had an aneurysm blow that caused a spontaneous coronary artery disection). 

Steve & Sheila,

what you write is terrifying. It relativises our "problems" that are usuallly being discussed here.

I keep my fingers crossed for you and wish you all the best!!!

Sorry for my bad English.

15 hours ago, Sheila Fitzgerald said:

Definitely not a fun way to end out the year! I had my first heart attach in April last year so I feel your pain, but mine wasn't fixable (except for the hole to heal up). And no telling when the next one will come as they don't know what causes them either (caused by fibromuskular dysphasia so I had an aneurysm blow that caused a spontaneous coronary artery disection). 

Hi Sheila,

Thank you for your message,  I believe that despite our circumstances, (yours more so, than mine) we can't keep looking backwards. We have no say in the cards we are dealt in life, but we can play the hand to the best of our ability. When we both had our "episodes", it was not our time! 

Kindest regards, Steve

14 hours ago, Wilm Ihlenfeld said:

Steve & Sheila,

what you write is terrifying. It relativises our "problems" that are usuallly being discussed here.

I keep my fingers crossed for you and wish you all the best!!!

Sorry for my bad English.

Hi Wilm,

Thank you for your kind message. I'm a pragmatist... it wasn't my time. I've managed to get out and about in the last few days, remembered to take the lens cap off, so expect normal service to be resumed as soon as possible.

Kindest regards

Steve

On 1/14/2019 at 6:19 PM, Stephen William Robinson said:

wow.  hope 2019 goes smoothly.  best health

6 hours ago, jean-francois.me said:

wow.  hope 2019 goes smoothly.  best health

Thank you for your kind words, I've now been out a couple of times, with the camera, which I find is one of the best forms of rehab.

Kindest regards,

Steve

1 minute ago, Stephen William Robinson said:

Thank you for your kind words, I've now been out a couple of times, with the camera, which I find is one of the best forms of rehab.

Kindest regards,

Steve

good to hear.  look forward to seeing the results.  warm wishes your way

I didn't realize that I surpassed $25K total earnings across all sites (but mostly SS) this month, since I started about 6 yrs ago!  My goal has always been for this fun hobby to eventually pay for the equipment and my travels.  It's been slow and steady, but if I cut down my travels this year, it'll be a wash.  Woot!!

Congrats everyone! Great to read of so many milestones reached. 

I have a pebble of my own to add: I just had my 100th download.

On to the next 100!

55 minutes ago, Seleya said:

Congrats everyone! Great to read of so many milestones reached. 

I have a pebble of my own to add: I just had my 100th download.

On to the next 100!

congratulations Marina