The generic milestone thread...

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some stats for those, who are interested: - More than 10% of the total downloads from 1 image only. - 5 bestsellers (= 0,4% of my port) made 20% of the total downloads. - 20 most sellin

I just reached 84,000 DLs and should have 10k photos very, very soon. My first DL was on 12/12/2012. Seventh anniversary coming up.     For those who are interested whether you ca

Celebrating a milestone today... it's been slow going lately, but a $44 clip sale today got me there. 🙂  

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Little Adventures said:

Damn, you skyrocketed also your uploads in a very short time.
Over 1400 in a month or so?

Very good job, and you already see the results of your work ;)

I want to have 4000 pics in my port by end of this year, so now busy with getting model releases from my old photoshoots with professional models. but i am happy to see the sales and some unbelievable sales too.

2 hours ago, Alexandre Rotenberg said:

I think you're doing well. Keep going.

I really like your vineyard images.

My only advice would be to start doing footage asap as this photo game is getting tougher with lower returns. 

Hey,

i would like to start in footage too. 

do you have some advice's for me ? I have unloaded some videos but i really dont know much about them.

if you like , can have a quick look into them. I will highly thankful for some key inputs.

1 minute ago, Subodh Agnihotri said:

Hey,

i would like to start in footage too. 

do you have some advice's for me ? I have unloaded some videos but i really dont know much about them.

if you like , can have a quick look into them. I will highly thankful for some key inputs.

I've only recently got started in footage so probably not the best person to give advice!

I can see you have some drone footage - fantastic! Have you sold any?

As for the street timelapses in Prague for example...did you use a GoPro? Thinking of getting one to do some street hyperlapses and analysing all the options. 

The only advice I would give, from my experience and reading/watching/learning, is that this stuff takes way longer to sell than photos, so need to be extra patient.

8 minutes ago, Alexandre Rotenberg said:

I've only recently got started in footage so probably not the best person to give advice!

I can see you have some drone footage - fantastic! Have you sold any?

As for the street timelapses in Prague for example...did you use a GoPro? Thinking of getting one to do some street hyperlapses and analysing all the options. 

The only advice I would give, from my experience and reading/watching/learning, is that this stuff takes way longer to sell than photos, so need to be extra patient.

Hi,

Well i have lots lots of goPro videos ,mostly time lapes and Hyper lapses( Including the Prague one) But i am planning to buy real video camera this Christmas.

Drone Video: I have done most of client demand work till now. 

About sales: I have not got any sales from videos so far.

4 hours ago, Little Adventures said:

Not only me reached that.

@Subodh Agnihotri joined just 2 or 3 months ago and  also @Alexander Oganezov  just joined recently.
So I can´t take the credit for my own.

But it shows one thing: it is...
1) Possible to create a portfolio that attracts customers in a short period of time
2) Possible to reach this amount of downloads even as a newbie
3) Possible to sell new stuff (photos, vectors, ...)  and get better and increase in variety and quality

I do not have any experience as a photographer and am totally new to stock. But it is fun.
Main reason for sharing my stats is to encourage people, to try it.
Not because of the earnings, more about what you have to become, to get there.

Very good!
I am still working on that and try to become better and better ?