humbak

FTP not working (after uploading footage doesn't appear in submit even after 10 days)

On 6/19/2018 at 2:12 AM, humbak said:

I uploaded some video via ftp using Filezilla. But file disappear, I can't describe it and submit.
Please help me.

Same here, I uploaded footage via FTP in (uploading is succeed). I cannot describe it and submit via submitted footage page. There is no footage to submit. I waited 5 days and still no content. I try upload again I still got the same situation.

I am also having this problem. I have, according to flilzila, successfully uploaded 3 videos. I have waited days, tried again, waited some more with the same result. Today I tried again with only 1 video. 

Is there something I am doing wrong? My previous experience is when flilzila says the upload was successful, I just had to wait to have it appear in my pending videos. 

Hi Everyone,

The issue has been reported to our Tech team. Please provide detail information so we can investigate further.

Please let me know if the clip in question meets all the requirements listed below:

1. The clip’s codec is supported. 
2. The clip’s file size is not larger than the maximum size of 4GB 
3. The clip’s format is supported. 
4. The clip’s height is not less than the minimum, 480. 
5. This clip, with the same original file name, has not been uploaded before but never submitted within 21 days 

22 hours ago, Candia Baxter said:

Today I tried again with only 1 video. 

@Candia Baxter please let me know what happened have you tried with only 1 video.

Thanks

On 7/20/2018 at 11:39 AM, Alex Shutterstock said:

Hi Everyone,

The issue has been reported to our Tech team. Please provide detail information so we can investigate further.

Please let me know if the clip in question meets all the requirements listed below:

1. The clip’s codec is supported. 
2. The clip’s file size is not larger than the maximum size of 4GB 
3. The clip’s format is supported. 
4. The clip’s height is not less than the minimum, 480. 
5. This clip, with the same original file name, has not been uploaded before but never submitted within 21 days 

@Candia Baxter please let me know what happened have you tried with only 1 video.

Thanks

@Alex Shutterstock Everything I'm submitting meets those requirements. I'm submitting files with the exact settings that have been accepted in the past. What's making the matter even worse is the poor support I'm getting on this. In my emails to support I've included transcripts from the ftp program as the shutterstock support page indicates I should do. The transcript clearly indicates file size + format but I'm still given that scripted reply. 

I've tried 3 different files now. uploading again with a different file name doesn't help.

Cmd: OPTS MLST modify;
1: 550: MLST modify;: Forbidden command argument
1: Cmd: PASV
1: 227: Entering Passive Mode (162,212,45,121,196,236).
1: Cmd: MLSD
1: 150: Opening ASCII mode data connection for MLSD
1: 226: Transfer complete
1: modify=20180718170036;perm=flcdmpe;type=cdir;unique=27U88000000082446;UNIX.group=99;UNIX.mode=0777;UNIX.owner=99; .
1: modify=20180718170036;perm=flcdmpe;type=pdir;unique=27U88000000082446;UNIX.group=99;UNIX.mode=0777;UNIX.owner=99; ..
1: modify=20180716051045;perm=flcdmpe;type=dir;unique=27U780000000820FF;UNIX.group=99;UNIX.mode=0777;UNIX.owner=99; release
1: Cmd: TYPE I
1: 200: Type set to I
1: Cmd: MLST eden walking in graffiti alley.mp4
1: 550: 'eden walking in graffiti alley.mp4' cannot be listed
1: Cmd: SIZE eden walking in graffiti alley.mp4
1: 550: eden walking in graffiti alley.mp4: No such file or directory
1: 227: Entering Passive Mode (162,212,45,121,197,150).
1: Cmd: STOR eden walking in graffiti alley.mp4
1: 150: Opening BINARY mode data connection for eden walking in graffiti alley.mp4
1: Cmd: PWD
1: 
1: Could not read reply from control connection -- timed out. (SReadline 1)
1: 220: Welcome to the Shutterstock FTP site.
1:       To log in, use the email address and password associated with your Shutterstock Contributor account (http://submit.shutterstock.com).
1:       Files you upload via FTP will appear in your account when they have been processed by our system.  To submit this content for review, navigate to the Content Editor, and enter the required information for each image or clip.
1:       
1:       NOTE: 
1:       - Filenames may contain only alphanumeric characters (A-Z, a-z, 0-9), spaces, commas, hyphens, periods, @ signs, and underlines.
1:       - Files must be less than 4GB. Larger files will be rejected with a �426 Operation Not Permitted� error.
1:      Shutterstock FTP Site
1: Connected to ftp.shutterstock.com.
1: Cmd: USER ****
1: 331: Password required for *****
1: Cmd: PASS xxxxxxxx
1: 230: User ***** logged in
1: Cmd: TYPE A
1: 200: Type set to A
1: Logged in to ftp.shutterstock.com as ****
1: Cmd: SYST
1: 215: UNIX Type: L8
1: Cmd: FEAT
1: 211: Features:
1:       MDTM
1:       TVFS
1:       MFMT
1:       SIZE
1:       MFF modify;UNIX.group;UNIX.mode;
1:       REST STREAM
1:       MLST modify*;perm*;size*;type*;unique*;UNIX.group*;UNIX.mode*;UNIX.owner*;
1:       UTF8
1:       EPRT
1:       EPSV
1:       LANG zh-CN;zh-TW;bg-BG;en-US;es-ES;fr-FR;it-IT;ja-JP;ko-KR;ru-RU
1:      End
1: 257: "/" is the current directory
1: Cmd: TYPE I
1: 200: Type set to I
1: Cmd: MLST eden walking in graffiti alley.mp4
1: 550: 'eden walking in graffiti alley.mp4' cannot be listed
1: Cmd: SIZE eden walking in graffiti alley.mp4
1: 550: eden walking in graffiti alley.mp4: No such file or directory
1: 227: Entering Passive Mode (162,212,45,121,196,250).
1: Cmd: STOR eden walking in graffiti alley.mp4
1: 150: Opening BINARY mode data connection for eden walking in graffiti alley.mp4
1: 226: Transfer complete

Screen Shot 2018-07-21 at 15.00.50.png

Screen Shot 2018-07-21 at 14.23.08.png

Screen Shot 2018-07-21 at 14.10.22.png

I get a filezilla reason "could not start transfer". It's my first time trying to upload a video file to submit, mov extension, h264 codec.

edit: now its trasnfering, my filenaming was wrong. will edit if I get to submit it too.

edit2: works fine

Hi @peace baby please let me know if you were able to upload any clip recently or if this issue remains since July, when you first reported here.

This issue has been reported to our tech team already and remains a main issue to some contributors, unfortunately.

Video uploaded middle of August still had same problem. 

Doing a 4-5 hour upload with no results isn't fun. Would prefer to have some indication from shutterstock that something has changed that would provide hope it could work before I try again.

Yesterday I upload on FPT around 200 photos, nothing shown until now. I tried again, upload 6 videos, the highest one is 120MB. Now nothing shown (attachment). 

I tried again this morning, upload 10 photos via FTP and on another hand, upload the on Shutterstock as usual. The traditional way works, while the FTP's have gone nowhere. 

May anyone help me :(

image.png.0ddda4e7db6ffe02ad5caf1f0b9ba2c9.png

@Alex Shutterstock I have the same problem, I uploaded 7 video clips via FTP earlier using latest version of filezilla, connects fine, uploads fine, but the .mp4 files are still sat in my ftp account and not showing in my to be submitted area, took ages to upload them ? I uploaded photos via ftp earlier and they came through fine, please help!!!

Hi @steved_np3 Thanks for letting me know. 

I have brought it up to the team's attention.

Let me know if anything changes. I will post an update as soon as it is available to me.